Amazon Kindle & Fire discussion

General > One Week!

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Just one week until the Fire is released! I can't wait!! I went for the one day shipping, so I hope to have mine in 8 days - unless Amazon decides to ship early (keeping fingers crossed)! :)

Nicole

message 2: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 293 comments Mod
Yes! I can't wait to get my Kindle Fire!

message 3: by Terri (new)

Terri | 14 comments Me either!! I keep checking my bank account to see if it has been charged yet. I think this the first time I can say that I can't wait to see $200 taken from my account! LOL!

message 4: by Jason (last edited Nov 08, 2011 09:29AM) (new)

Jason (foreverjuly) | 7 comments I know what you mean, Terri!

[image error]

message 5: by Leland (new)

Leland (lesliehw) Nicole wrote: "unless Amazon decides to ship early (keeping fingers crossed)! :)"

Wouldn't that be a happy surprise

message 6: by Jennifer (new)

My order says Shipping Soon!

message 7: by Debbie (new)

Debbie (debmj) | 13 comments WOW!!!!
I just received a notice from my credit card company that Amazon has charged my account for my Kindle Fire.
Anyone else see their charge yet?
Can't wait.

message 8: by Anne-Gigi (new)

Anne-Gigi  Chan (pinelakechic) Jennifer wrote: "My order says Shipping Soon!"

me too, me too!! :)

message 9: by Jennifer (new)

Debbie wrote: "WOW!!!!
I just received a notice from my credit card company that Amazon has charged my account for my Kindle Fire.
Anyone else see their charge yet?
Can't wait."

Me too! So long money! Can't wait to start playing with my Fire! :)

message 10: by David (new)

David Fournier (mohawk1df) Got an em earlier today. Amazon shipped my Fire out today. I'm having it overnighted to me.

message 11: by Leland (new)

Leland (lesliehw) Whoooooot!!!! Mine should be here tomorrow...which just happens to be my birthday. Yay!

message 12: by Sue (new)

Sue (snuzy36) Mine is out for delivery today !!! I cant understand if the darn thing came out yesterday that all of us who pre ordered it should have recieved it YESTERDAY!
watching for my UPS man !!! he never comes until 5 or 6 pm *sigh*

message 13: by Jennifer (new)

Happy New Kindles!

message 14: by David (new)

David Fournier (mohawk1df) Got mine yesterday. It's GREAT!!!!!!!

message 15: by Jennifer (new)

David wrote: "Got mine yesterday. It's GREAT!!!!!!!"

Woot! :)

message 16: by Sue (new)

Sue (snuzy36) Mine is here !!!

message 17: by Jennifer (new)

Sue wrote: "Mine is here !!!"

Yay! How do you like it, Sue?

message 18: by Sue (new)

Sue (snuzy36) IDK ??? I dont like it for reading in bed. Its alot heavier than I imagined it to be. Its super fast for surfing the internet and I can play angry birds better.
What do you think so far?
oh and i can watch amazonprime videos pretty fast

message 19: by Jennifer (new)

Yeah, the video watching is great, and I'm having fun with lots of apps. I don't have any problem reading on it either. I'm very happy with it!

message 20: by Clare K. R. (new)

Clare K. R. (clare-dragonfly) Sue, do you like the internet browser? I've heard that it's difficult to use. And when I went to Best Buy to check out the Fire, the "demo version" wouldn't let me actually try out the browser, which was really frustrating!

message 21: by Leland (new)

Leland (lesliehw) the only thing I don't like so far is that it automatically gives me the mobile version of facebook and google+. Or at least I can't figure out how to get it to show otherwise. Even coming in via web browser - no matter what I manually type in to the brower addy bar. *sigh*

Oh, and I don't like the location of the power button. I keep turning it off while I'm watching it. Hopefully once I get a case, this problem will be minimalized.

Still love it.

message 22: by Sue (new)

Sue (snuzy36) Clare-Dragonfly wrote: "Sue, do you like the internet browser? I've heard that it's difficult to use. And when I went to Best Buy to check out the Fire, the "demo version" wouldn't let me actually try out the browser, whi..."
It is super fast and I don't think its too hard to use. It kinda saves the last place you were and then you can make favorites too which are super easy to navigate. It is faster than my phone or maybe easier? I get so frustrated on my phone for searching thing s. Someone told me about using my phone as a hot spot and then you have intenet for your fire but I'm afraid it may cost money. It sure is a great little tablet. I'm waiting for my anti glare screen to see about reading but the kindle is lighter for sure in bed at night. I have a hard shell case and I still turn it off. My husband is using my fire more than me!

message 23: by Tina (new)

Tina Boscha (tinaboscha) | 3 comments I'm so curious about the reading experience; I luuurrrve my e-ink. Yet I must admit, the Fire is tempting me. How has it been so far (sorry if I missed more comments on this issue).

message 24: by Jennifer (new)

Tina wrote: "I'm so curious about the reading experience; I luuurrrve my e-ink. Yet I must admit, the Fire is tempting me. How has it been so far (sorry if I missed more comments on this issue)."

Thanks for asking, Tina. I do love e-ink as well, but I don't have any problem reading on the Kindle Fire. Still, if I know I'm going to be reading for more than say an hour, I'll grab my K3, and the great thing is it knows exactly where I left off between devices. So I would recommend it!

message 25: by Tina (new)

Tina Boscha (tinaboscha) | 3 comments The devices sync? (I haven't done a lot of research). Cue me adding the Fire to my Christmas list!!!

message 26: by Jennifer (new)

I think you'll be impressed with how well the Fire and your other devices will work in concert together. glad we could help you out, Tina!

message 27: by Shaina (new)

Shaina (shainaeg) | 18 comments Leslie wrote: "the only thing I don't like so far is that it automatically gives me the mobile version of facebook and google+. Or at least I can't figure out how to get it to show otherwise. Even coming in via..."

I completely agree!

Also, the great thing about all of the kindle products and apps is that they sync. I switch between reading on my Fire, K4, K3 3G, Droid, 2 different Kindle PC apps, and the Kindle cloud app. Occasionally it doesn't sync perfectly but 99.9% of the time it is seamless and I pick up right where I left off.