Fantasy Book Club Series discussion

Malazan Book of the Fallen > Return of the Crimson Guard Book III-Fates and Chances

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Maggie, The Malazan Queen of Chaos (last edited Nov 07, 2011 09:30PM) (new)

Maggie K | 1202 comments Mod
Wow-things are really pulling together, and dang but Laseen is COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLD!

The Malazans have defeated the Talian League, and coerced the former 'drowned' friends back into the Malazan army in order to fight the Crimson Guard...

Rylandaras is getting his fill of their men, while Laseen and Korbolo Dom watch....kinda gruesome if you ask me!

The Marquis of course hasn't been fighting, and finally overplays his hand with Ghelel...I love how ICE throws some humour in here with his reveal of how the man is already married! But Molk turns out to be ten times the man she thought he was....

and Kyle!?!?! Wow, Osserc himself! and now Osserc's blade! Thank the Lady's push! Gotta love Shadowthrones use of those Bhokaral.....

Things just seem to be coming together nicely here...(except who the heck is this old man in the boat???(Well, wth did they go to Jacuruku for anyway?))

message 2: by Maggie, The Malazan Queen of Chaos (new)

I really thought that MArquis was gross....

message 3: by Maggie, The Malazan Queen of Chaos (new)

Wow-we finally see Laseen in her awesomeness! How cool is that scene where she annihilates the hand that were tormenting Shimmer, so that the Guard can withdraw.

and Ullen? How cool is he being here?? This battle scene is getting pretty much cooking!

message 4: by Amelia (new)

Amelia (narknon) | 523 comments Maggie wrote: "Wow-we finally see Laseen in her awesomeness! How cool is that scene where she annihilates the hand that were tormenting Shimmer, so that the Guard can withdraw.

and Ullen? How cool is he being ..."

I guess she's been known as the Empress now for long enough that people, including readers such as me, forget that she was originally the one who created and led the Claw for the Emperor. And she's really, really good at it too.

message 5: by Maggie, The Malazan Queen of Chaos (new)

Yeah-that's the number 1 strong point of this book-what we learn about Laseen...

message 6: by Shelley (new)

Shelley (shelley69) | 597 comments Maggie wrote: "Yeah-that's the number 1 strong point of this book-what we learn about Laseen..."

And most of the "Old" gaurd too!! I have often wondered how those old meetings went on Malaz Island with Kellveled, Dancer, Surely, Nok, ect....

message 7: by Maggie, The Malazan Queen of Chaos (new)

Yup, I agree...my one point of dissension is that there were some 'Old Guard' here that I had not heard about before (at least I dont remember) Amaron and Choss?

But I love all the sorcery in this battle, and how the Claw hands and Crimson guards would just appear and slash slash slash!