NaNoWriMo discussion

Help > Stuck On Title Ideas?

Comments Showing 1-45 of 45 (45 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Maggie (new)

Maggie (maggie-swift) | 183 comments Yes, I'm stuck!

message 2: by Shayla (new)

Shayla (shaylaalexander) | 140 comments Mod
You're doing it Maggie?

message 3: by Maggie (new)

Maggie (maggie-swift) | 183 comments Yep. If you have any ideas for a title, check out my writing here. I put it up.

message 4: by Shayla (new)

Okay!

message 5: by Maggie (new)

Maggie (maggie-swift) | 183 comments Thanks. I'm excited for this one, because I've got a plot this time. :)

message 6: by Maggie (new)

Maggie (maggie-swift) | 183 comments Can't wait to see if I can do it.

message 7: by Shayla (new)

Can you put the link to your writing up?

message 9: by Eve (new)

Eve (emusings) I am very very stuck on title ideas...

message 10: by Ella (new)

Ella (ellarosewood) | 119 comments I need a title for one of my chapters, but I don't have it typed yet. I'll tell you when I do.

message 11: by Maggie (new)

Maggie (maggie-swift) | 183 comments Eve wrote: "I am very very stuck on title ideas..."

I can give you some help, if need be.

message 12: by Eve (new)

Eve (emusings) There's my dilemma... I can't put it on websites without a title... I'll put it on goodreads soon, once I'm happy with the first bit.

message 13: by Maggie (new)

Maggie (maggie-swift) | 183 comments Eve wrote: "There's my dilemma... I can't put it on websites without a title... I'll put it on goodreads soon, once I'm happy with the first bit."

I don't have a title, either. Just put the title as "NaNoWriMo 2011" or "Untitled"

message 14: by Eve (new)

Eve (emusings) I'l put it up ASAP

message 15: by Eve (new)

Eve (emusings) I now have the novel up, so you can check it out if you want here
It has a title too! I've decided on The Gaps.

message 16: by Maggie (new)

Maggie (maggie-swift) | 183 comments Good for you! When I have a free moment, I'll take a look.

message 17: by Eve (new)

Eve (emusings) Cool, take your time.

message 18: by Eve (new)

Eve (emusings) Again, take as much time as you want ;)

message 19: by Maggie (new)

Maggie (maggie-swift) | 183 comments Okay, so a tentative title for my novel is "Illusory Magic." Yea or Nay?

message 20: by Eve (last edited Nov 12, 2011 12:01PM) (new)

Eve (emusings) I like that! But just for the record, the most important part about these kinds of novel titles is that it pleases you. I waisted too much time hoping that my family and friends would like the same options I did and the sad truth is, their opinion was almost never the same as mine and sometimes not the same as each other. Do what you think is right above all, no matter what people's opinions are.
Keep writing and chose what pleases you
Eve

message 21: by Maggie (new)

Maggie (maggie-swift) | 183 comments Thanks for the input, Eve. I don't think it'll be the final title, but it's on the list.

message 22: by Eve (last edited Nov 13, 2011 01:55PM) (new)

Eve (emusings) I love that as a title, permanent or not :)

message 23: by Maggie (new)

Maggie (maggie-swift) | 183 comments Thanks. I'll keep searching, though, and update you guys. Maybe it'll just come to me one day.

message 24: by Shayla (new)

I NEED A TITLE!

message 25: by Maggie (new)

Maggie (maggie-swift) | 183 comments I quite like "Legend of Truth and Dolphins."

message 26: by Shayla (new)

Me too...I think I'll keep it for now.

message 27: by Cami (new)

Cami (camikittr) I'm stuck on title ideas! Here's the beginning of my story:

She stared at the credit card, numbers blurring in front of her eyes, wondering if it was actually hers to keep. She suddenly smelled smoke. Everyone seemed to smell it, and they all began to panic.

Character Profile

Basic Information
Name: Sarah

Traits
Role: Suck-up
Basic Traits: Responsible, competitive, lucky
Unique Trait: Speaks french fluently

Appearance
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Green
Body Type: Lanky

message 28: by Cami (new)

Cami (camikittr) Well, Sarah is given a credit card to spend on whatever she wants, but the credit card has a tracker inside it, and she's being tracked by evil scientist who want to use her for her ability to speak French, because the evil scientists are going on a mission to France. How does that sound?

message 29: by Cami (new)

Cami (camikittr) Hmm. I'll change my plot.

message 30: by Cami (new)

Cami (camikittr) Sarah just wants to be a normal seventh grader. But one night after volleyball paractice, a credit card mysteriously appears on her bed. If her parents didn’t put it there, who did? A boy named Damion approaches Sarah at school one day, asking weird questions. Sarah is unsure about all of this, and goes to tell her parents about it, but they disappear from her home one early Saturday morning. Sarah is confused and scared, but she has her friends to help her… maybe.

message 31: by Cami (new)

Cami (camikittr) Do you have any title ideas?

message 32: by Ella (new)

Ella (ellarosewood) | 119 comments I need a title for mine!

message 33: by Cami (new)

Cami (camikittr) Um, maybe... I'll have to think about that...

message 34: by Cami (new)

Cami (camikittr) Ooh! Maybe... Trapped In Reality?

message 35: by Eve (new)

Eve (emusings) Which story, Emma?

message 36: by Ella (new)

Ella (ellarosewood) | 119 comments The one labled 'No Current Title'.
That's an interesting name Sugarbug. I kind of like it. Any other suggestions?

message 37: by Cami (last edited Jun 01, 2012 01:30PM) (new)

Cami (camikittr) The Calm After The Storm?

message 38: by Cami (new)

Cami (camikittr) I need title ideas for my story. Anybody???

message 39: by Ella (new)

Ella (ellarosewood) | 119 comments I don't know for your story, maybe after I read it I can come up with one.
I really need to get a title finalized for mine so I can get a cover done.

message 40: by Eve (new)

Eve (emusings) Hmm... let me think...
I like your idea a lot, but my creativity seems to be taking a vacation as far as naming it is concerned.
Give me a little while...

message 41: by Grace (new)

Grace (fictionaladventures) | 6 comments Alright guys, I really need your help. I'm planning my 5th book and I really want to find a title. Here's a little embarrassingly terrible overview in case it sparks any ideas in those awesome heads of yours:

Jenna is the MC and she's kind of sarcastic and funny (think Julia in Meant to Be). She is in love with her best friend Paul and thinks there might actually be a chance for something to happen between them but at some point they kiss and he realizes it was a mistake and makes it clear nothing is going to happen between them. Their friendship kind of dribbles off after that and Jenna becomes friends with this guy named Charlie and eventually they fall in love. Ooh, also she's a really hardworking student but her suppressed dream is to go to Alaska. Charlie helps her realize that dream and she finally follows it. Basically the theme will be Follow your gut and the right person will follow it with you. It's supposed to be a YA Romantic Comedy thing and she's clumsy and likes big words.

So basically I need a title. I'm thinking it might have a funny word in it, like "canoodle" or "cantankerous" or "epitome." Maybe something like "The Epitome of ____"? I was thinking maybe "The Epitome of Everything" but I would really love any other suggestion. If it's cute or funny or quirky that would be perfect. If anyone can give me any suggestions at all, I will seriously love you forever.

Thank you so much to whoever tries to help! It's much appreciated!

message 42: by Molly (new)

Molly | 1 comments The Canoodling Conundrum,
Diary of a Dream Chaser,
The Precociousness of Love

sounds like a great book idea!

message 43: by Allie (new)

Allie Pinto | 2 comments Hey guys I was wondering if I could have some help :p My original title was "Modern Castles" the first book in my trilogy but as i'm writing the story the title doesn't seem to fit anymore :( so what do u think is better or more unique

1. "Modern Castles" (My original title)
2. "A Bleeding Heart"
3. "A Still Beating Heart"
4. "A Beating Heart"

message 44: by Heather (new)

Heather | 16 comments Allie wrote: "Hey guys I was wondering if I could have some help :p My original title was "Modern Castles" the first book in my trilogy but as i'm writing the story the title doesn't seem to fit anymore :( so wh..."

I like the second title.

message 45: by Heather (new)

Heather | 16 comments Hey guys I need help! I can't come up with a title to save my life! My novel consists of poetry all written by me but I can't seem to come up with a title for it.