The Sword and Laser discussion

S&L Google Plus

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Veronica, Supreme Sword (new)

Veronica Belmont (veronicabelmont) | 1665 comments Mod
https://plus.google.com/b/10797292475...

Add it for maximum satisfaction!

message 2: by Anne (new)

Anne Schüßler (anneschuessler) | 828 comments Added. (Yay.)

message 3: by Anne (new)

Anne Schüßler (anneschuessler) | 828 comments How long does it take for the maximum satisfaction to happen?

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Added.

Satisfaction: minimal

message 5: by Sean (new)

Sean O'Hara (seanohara) | 2365 comments Anne wrote: "How long does it take for the maximum satisfaction to happen?"

3.27 minutes for men, 12.72 minutes for women.

message 6: by Anne (new)

Anne Schüßler (anneschuessler) | 828 comments Sean wrote: "Anne wrote: "How long does it take for the maximum satisfaction to happen?"

3.27 minutes for men, 12.72 minutes for women."

Damn, I think I missed it.

toria (vikz writes) (victoriavikzwrites) Veronica wrote: "https://plus.google.com/b/10797292475...

Add it for maximum satisfaction!"

Just added

message 8: by Tamahome (new)

Tamahome | 6090 comments Sean wrote: "Anne wrote: "How long does it take for the maximum satisfaction to happen?"

I think that's proportional to age.

message 9: by JP (new)

JP Capili (jpcapili) | 37 comments and height.

message 10: by Andrew (new)

Andrew (adrew) | 426 comments and size of feet apparently.

message 11: by Kev (new)

Kev (sporadicreviews) | 639 comments Added. My satisfaction happened prematurely :-(

message 12: by terpkristin (new)

terpkristin | 4117 comments So what do I do? Add to my circles?

message 13: by Andrew (new)

Andrew (adrew) | 426 comments terpkristin wrote: "So what do I do? Add to my circles?"

affirmative

message 14: by Kev (new)

Kev (sporadicreviews) | 639 comments terpkristin wrote: "So what do I do? Add to my circles?"

Don't forget the satisfaction, maximum or otherwise! ;-)

message 15: by Boots (new)

Boots (rubberboots) | 499 comments I came late.

Incidentally are people still using Google+? I thought I'd check it out finally and I'm trying to find the value in it.

message 16: by Kim (new)

Kim | 477 comments I don't think so. It's not enough of a difference to Facebook to make it worth the effort. Though Google Hangouts might be an interesting thing to look at.

message 17: by Boots (new)

Boots (rubberboots) | 499 comments Hmmm... Maybe I should have asked before I gave into the Google.

message 18: by Richard (new)

Richard | 221 comments I did that 2 weeks ago? I figured since I started buying eBooks from Google play with Leviathan Wakes, I might as well add Google+. (What do you mean still using? Everyone is still waiting for it to really catch on before joining.) Video conferencing looks to be the big feature that Facebook lacks.

message 19: by Boots (last edited Jul 03, 2012 08:12PM) (new)

Boots (rubberboots) | 499 comments Richard wrote: "What do you mean still using? Everyone is still waiting for it to really catch on before joining."

That's too funny, my brother said something similar to me about an hour ago.

I thought this new Events thing sounded kind of neat, but it only really works if other people you know are using it.

message 20: by Jane (new)

Jane Higginson | 163 comments Sean wrote: "Anne wrote: "How long does it take for the maximum satisfaction to happen?"

ahaha like the stats ty :P

message 21: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan | 185 comments Added.

Ruth (tilltab) Ashworth | 1861 comments Boots wrote: "I came late.

Incidentally are people still using Google+? I thought I'd check it out finally and I'm trying to find the value in it."

I like g+ for following people/groups, like this one, and for occasionally posting stuff no one cares about! :P I'm not a fan of facebook, but it's where all my friends live, so I use that for friends mostly.

message 23: by Boots (new)

Boots (rubberboots) | 499 comments Ruth wrote: "I'm not a fan of facebook, but it's where all my friends live, so I use that for friends mostly."

I feel the same way about it, it would be nice if there was a decent alternative, g+ doesn't seem to be it.

message 24: by Gordon (new)

Gordon McLeod (mcleodg) | 347 comments Boots wrote: "I came late.

Incidentally are people still using Google+? I thought I'd check it out finally and I'm trying to find the value in it."

People absolutely use it, though the value you get out of it initially depends on how many other people you know using it, or how willing you are to get to know new people on it.

For what it's worth I've been using it since the beta period and I find it infinitely more useful and usable than Facebook, which I almost never look at anymore, and while I use twitter a lot more than G+, I find G+ generates a lot more conversation than Twitter does.

message 25: by Vance (new)

Vance | 362 comments I love Google +, I never go to Facebook at all now. If you want to socialize with your friends, of course, stay with FB. G+ is more for following interesting people with similar interests. More akin to Twitter with easier discussions.