Baker Street Irregulars discussion

Victorian/Edwardian Interest > Bartitsu (Baritsu)

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joanna (new)

Joanna (foxwrapped) | 353 comments Anyone do anything Bartistu related? I really want to find something local. The only martial art I've done is purple belt in tae kwon do. And that was years ago.

The Bartitsu Society has a very good website/blog. I always look there to see if anything exciting is happening.

Anyone read these books?
The Sherlock Holmes School of Self-defence: The Manly Art of Bartitsu: As Used Against Professor Moriarty
The Art of Manliness

message 2: by Joanna (new)

Joanna (foxwrapped) | 353 comments Bartitsu in "Game of Shadows"

Sherlock v. Moriarty scene from Game of Shadows. God, I love that scene.

message 3: by Rohit (new)

Rohit (rohitraut) | 94 comments Mod
Joanna wrote: "Anyone do anything Bartistu related?

U misspelled it ;) its 'Bartitsu' not 'Bartistu' ....also in the title u hv misspelled 'Baritsu' as 'Baristu' .

message 4: by Joanna (new)

Joanna (foxwrapped) | 353 comments Rohit wrote: "Joanna wrote: "Anyone do anything Bartistu related?

U misspelled it ;) its 'Bartitsu' not 'Bartistu' ....also in the title u hv misspelled 'Baritsu' as 'Baristu' ."

hahaha, that's funny! I have corrected the Baritsu. Bartitsu was correct, though.

message 5: by Rohit (new)

Rohit (rohitraut) | 94 comments Mod
:p bartitsu is correct in the title, but in 'message 1's first line, u hv misspelled it .:D

message 6: by Annie (new)

Annie (stealthkitten) | 1 comments A friend gave me a Bartitsu DVD when he heard I was getting into the Sherlock Holmes stories. I'll report back on how good it is when I watch it!

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Sounds interesting, Annie.

message 8: by Stutley (new)

Stutley Constable (stutleyconstable) | 12 comments A friend of mine in Indianapolis has his own Martial Arts studio and has studied several disciplines. He wanted me to try Bartitsu. It sounds interesting, but given the number of back and neck injuries I've sustained, I had to decline. Fencing is more my speed.