Around the World discussion

Personal Lists 2011-2013 > Cjandres' List (Just a start)

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cjandres (last edited Dec 20, 2011 04:07PM) (new)

Anne (On semi-hiatus) (reachannereach) Nice start to your list. The Boy In the Suitcase looks interesting. Looks like the GR people who have read it really like it. Never heard of it before. Thank you for introducing it to me.

message 3: by Judy (new)

Judy (patchworkcat) | 2212 comments Good start on your list Cjandres. I just finished Cutting for Stone and loved it! It is set in Ethiopia and gives a great look at the culture. I hope you will enjoy it as much as I did. I've also read Rooftops of Tehran. Welcome!

message 4: by Betty (new)

Betty Asma (everydayabook) Yes, a good start, Cjandre. I hope you're having fun making your one-of-a-kind list.

Jenny (Reading Envy) (readingenvy) | 1297 comments Mod
I've added your selections so far to the master list. Welcome!

message 6: by Cjandres (new)

Cjandres (goodreadscomcjandres) | 14 comments Thank you!

message 7: by Cjandres (new)

Cjandres (goodreadscomcjandres) | 14 comments Judy wrote: "Good start on your list Cjandres. I just finished Cutting for Stone and loved it! It is set in Ethiopia and gives a great look at the culture. I hope you will enjoy it as much as I d..."

Thanks for the info about Cutting for Stone. I'll change that to Ethiopia. And I just found a book to add for India instead.

message 8: by Cjandres (new)

Cjandres (goodreadscomcjandres) | 14 comments Jenny wrote: "I've added your selections so far to the master list. Welcome!"

When I add more books to my list how should I let you know?

Jenny (Reading Envy) (readingenvy) | 1297 comments Mod
Cjandres wrote: "Jenny wrote: "I've added your selections so far to the master list. Welcome!"

When I add more books to my list how should I let you know?"

You can leave a comment on your thread or send me a message!

message 10: by Mikki (new)

Mikki Hi Cjandres,

Having fun gathering all of your books? You're off to a great start. Interesting choice for Denmark; I'll keep it in mind as an alternate.

message 11: by Cjandres (new)

Cjandres (goodreadscomcjandres) | 14 comments Mikki wrote: "Hi Cjandres,

Having fun gathering all of your books? You're off to a great start. Interesting choice for Denmark; I'll keep it in mind as an alternate."

Yes! It's quite a challenge.

message 12: by Louise (new)

Louise | 120 comments The Boy in the Suitcase was a huge hit here in Denmark - so were the next two books in the series :-)

message 13: by Cjandres (new)

Cjandres (goodreadscomcjandres) | 14 comments Louise wrote: "The Boy in the Suitcase was a huge hit here in Denmark - so were the next two books in the series :-)"

There is more to the series? I didn't even know. Thanks!

message 14: by Louise (new)

Louise | 120 comments The third volume was recently published in Danish :-)

message 15: by Cjandres (new)

Cjandres (goodreadscomcjandres) | 14 comments Okay I'm starting in Indonesia with "Some Girls: My Life in a Harem". It's already something I did not expect... An 18 year old privileged wanna be actress which makes the boom even more intriguing.