Baker Street Irregulars discussion

The Further Adventures of Sherlock Holmes: Dr Jekyll and Mr Holmes
Pastiches, Homages & Parodies > The Further Adventures of Sherlock Holmes: Dr. Jekyll and Mr.Holmes

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Ken B The Further Adventures of Sherlock Holmes: Dr. Jekyll and Mr.Holmes is another very well written pastiche by Loren D. Estleman.

As a fan of AC Doyle's Sherlock Holmes and of Robert Louis Stevenson's Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, I found this book very enjoyable to read. As usual, Estleman stays true to Doyle's Watson and Sherlock and Mycroft Holmes while looking into one of Holmes' darker cases.

C.O. Bonham (dolphin18cb) | 54 comments Here's my review:

Estleman's mimicry of Doyle's writing style is much improved after Sherlock Holmes Vs. Dracula. This novel read almost as if it were an actual "Lost" Holmes Adventure.

The only problem is that pretty much everyone knows the solution to the mystery just by reading the title. If you have never read (or better yet have never heard of) Robert Louis Stevenson's Classic Horror tale then I would recomend reading this book, Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Holmes, first. It will make this book more exciting and maybe make the ending more of a suprise, Though it does change Stevenson's ending just a bit.