Lush Library discussion

Book chat > What are you reading?

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kirsty (new)

Kirsty (kirkel) | 1160 comments Mod
What books have you got on the go? Thoughts?

message 2: by Jo (new)

Jo | 592 comments Mod
My friend lent me 'Dissolution' by CJ Sansom. It's a murder mystery set in 1537. It's got some good reviews I think but so far I have read 1 page so it may be a little early to tell!

message 3: by Naymee (new)

Naymee | 8 comments I have a day off work and earache and a horrible cold, so free a long hot shower I am determined to get down to some productive book time. I have about four books half started. I will try to finish Forever by maggie Stiefvater today. Maybe dip into The Fry Chronicles.

message 4: by Jo (new)

Jo | 592 comments Mod
Jo wrote: "My friend lent me 'Dissolution' by CJ Sansom. It's a murder mystery set in 1537. It's got some good reviews I think but so far I have read 1 page so it may be a little early to tell!"

I've read a bit more - it's very 'Name of the Rose' so far. minus Sean Connery and Christian Slater of course :(

message 5: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 30 comments I'm reading "Unseen Academicals" by Terry Pratchett. You can't go wrong with Pratchett. I also have an anthology on the go, "Dreams Underfoot" by Charles de Lint. The latter is combination of urban fantasy and Twilight Zone-type fantasy. I can take it in small doses.

message 6: by Ness (new)

Ness (Violet74) | 209 comments Mod
I have a holiday from work today so hope to make some progress with White is for Witching. I'm enjoying it so far albeit the confusion. I would rather know which narrator is talking before it becomes obvious/ if it becomes obvious! I am more intrigued though than annoyed.

I have put The Night Circus on hold until I finish this one. If I do get round to finishing both this month I'll return to Angela Carter's 'Nights At The Circus' ... (another circus theme book I know) and probably the best one. I have even bought the notes! Just love how much this book has to say.

Sam (VanillaFountain) | 577 comments Mod
I just read The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner (Twilight, #3.5) by Stephenie Meyer I found it better written then Twilight Saga maybe Stephenie has learned some things since then, but looking at the grammar I'm amazed she has a degree in English Literature. I did enjoy it though, It was nice to view them from someone else's perspective and to find Bree had more to her than we saw in the book/film bit of a love story in there too.
Now I' reading Phantom (The Vampire Diaries The Hunters, #1) by L.J. Smith It's part of a series so there won't be too much to tell people who haven't read them, I'm speeding through it started yesterday I'm on page 109 at the moment. I always devour L.J.Smith's books they are sooo easy to read :)

message 8: by Brittany (new)

Brittany I'm reading The Book Thief by Markus Zusak with my other book club, Bookwork Bitches. I am surprised by how much I am enjoying it... I definitely recommend it!

message 9: by Kirsty (new)

Brittany wrote: "I'm reading The Book Thief by Markus Zusak with my other book club, Bookwork Bitches. I am surprised by how much I am enjoying it... I definitely recommend it!"

We read it as a monthly book. If you get a chance have a look for the threads in the Monthly Book section and make some comments. Enjoy it - I know I did.

message 10: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 30 comments I finished Unseen Academicals and am now reading Great Hexpectations by H.P. Mallory (paranormal romance/urban fantasy). It's an e-book, self-published, so the author isn't widely known, but I think she recently got picked up by a publishing house.

message 11: by Kirsty (new)

I'm stuck - think I'll read this weeks story then either start wicked lovely or Stephen King's new book

message 12: by Kirsty (new)

C. M. Taylor wrote: "I'm starting The Shadow Reader. I've heard a lot of good things about it, so here's hoping it can live up to the hype :P."

Interesting book choice - looks good. You should start a thread in the journals section so we can have a look see at what you're reading (or plan to read) or whatever you want really. I've done a top 10:)

message 13: by Jo (new)

Jo | 592 comments Mod
I'm reading 'How to be a woman' by Caitlin Moran which alternates between being laugh out loud funny and occasionally a bit annoying. I don't like being SHOUTED AT in books which she does when she wants to make a FEMINIST POINT!