Inheritance (The Inheritance Cycle, #4) Inheritance discussion

Just tell me: does Murtagh die?

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Being too poor to buy a 30-dollar hardcover on the release date, I'll simply wait in an agony of suspense for Christmas. In the mean time, I've gotta know. I'll flip to the end as soon as I'm finished anyway. So, those of you who have read the book....

Do Murtagh and/or Thorn die?????

I promise not to kill myself if the answer's yes. I make no promises about Paolini, though...

Conor McHugh im 80 pages in...

Tyler Durboraw i don't think so

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Haha, I grabbed my friend's book and read the ending, so I know the answer. I won't spoil it.

Tyler Durboraw No they didn't die. and i finished the book

Ricco They don't die!

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

no he goes of on a journey to find his inner self and might come back- he was really good but galbatorix played his emotions and murtagh foolishly claimed aliance w/the king

Vaishnavi Laura wrote: "Being too poor to buy a 30-dollar hardcover on the release date, I'll simply wait in an agony of suspense for Christmas. In the mean time, I've gotta know. I'll flip to the end as soon as I'm finis..."
They don't die

Ziyue Polina wrote: "no he goes of on a journey to find his inner self and might come back- he was really good but galbatorix played his emotions and murtagh foolishly claimed aliance w/the king"

Poor murtagh.

message 10: by Matt (new) - rated it 3 stars

Matt I don't know why, but whenever I read about Murtagh I envisioned Danny Glover's character from the Lethal Weapon series.

Madeleine - Tei Laura wrote: "Being too poor to buy a 30-dollar hardcover on the release date, I'll simply wait in an agony of suspense for Christmas. In the mean time, I've gotta know. I'll flip to the end as soon as I'm finis..."

At Cosco the book is 16 dollars =D
And he doesn't die =D

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

no he doesnt die read the book in 3 days cause loved it so much

Lauren I felt as though they should have had a bit more closure with him. I mean, I just really hope Paulini writes another as he hinted in the end. Because as things stand now, Thorn and Murtagh are all alone. I felt so bad for them. BUT! I was thrilled he and What's her name? Varden leader lady, didn't end up together. About halfway through, I was just like, 'Oh he wouldn't would he? No no no." But he didn't.

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Lauren wrote: "I felt as though they should have had a bit more closure with him. I mean, I just really hope Paulini writes another as he hinted in the end. Because as things stand now, Thorn and Murtagh are all ..."

I agree. But I'm mad because they were in love, obviously, and if he'd stayed he could have helped her SO MUCH. I mean, literally no one knows the court like he does. Not only has he lived there most of his life, he's probably read half their minds as well...

Lauren Laura wrote: "Lauren wrote: "I felt as though they should have had a bit more closure with him. I mean, I just really hope Paulini writes another as he hinted in the end. Because as things stand now, Thorn and M..."

Yeah, I know, but think how sad it would be for him in about 50 years when she dies. Even if he did prolong her life, eventually, she would die, and he would live on. I don't know about y'all but I couldn't do that.
Sigh, the thing about a series ending like that after so long, we all had expectations and they weren't met. Honestly, I could have done without all the Roran parts. So. Tired. Of. Him. If HE would have died, I would have forgiven Paulini anything. But no, he did not. Unrealistic much?! The Queen died, but he lived. Bah! That is like A-Team (the movie) unrealistic. I just watched it. :P

message 16: by Sean (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sean Kim He Doesn't die. He gets stabbed by Eragon in the belly and he betrays Galby. He turns good. That is not dying

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Lauren wrote: "Laura wrote: "Lauren wrote: "I felt as though they should have had a bit more closure with him. I mean, I just really hope Paulini writes another as he hinted in the end. Because as things stand no..."

I've read it by now. I had hoped that one of the dragon eggs would hatch for Nasuada. When that happened, she could abdicate the throne and fly off with Murtagh into the sunset. XD ;)

message 18: by Ajay (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ajay Laura wrote: "Haha, I grabbed my friend's book and read the ending, so I know the answer. I won't spoil it."

Have you read the book, or else I could always email you my DRM stripped ebook version! Lemme know!

yojharobed || I have no sword. I don't need a sword. Because I am the Doctor and this is my spoon. En garde! Lauren wrote: "I felt as though they should have had a bit more closure with him. I mean, I just really hope Paulini writes another as he hinted in the end. Because as things stand now, Thorn and Murtagh are all ..."

Nasuada.

message 20: by Lia (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lia hope they make a new series:D having Murtagh as the main character

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Yuxian wrote: "no he doesnt die read the book in 3 days cause loved it so much"

well i finished it on the 8th of november, the day it came out!!! beat that anyone!!

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

Laura wrote: "Lauren wrote: "I felt as though they should have had a bit more closure with him. I mean, I just really hope Paulini writes another as he hinted in the end. Because as things stand now, Thorn and M..."
very good point on the mind reading

Sherri Moorer No, but I'm not completely happy with their final decision in the book. Like some others, I wouldn't mind seeing a series focused just on him and Thorn. There's room for it, but I doubt Paolini does it.

message 24: by Jaiden (new)

Jaiden No, but they do leave

message 25: by Eragon (new) - added it

Eragon does eragon die?

Micah Aaron no

message 27: by Michael (new)

Michael Flake Lauren wrote: "Laura wrote: "Lauren wrote: "I felt as though they should have had a bit more closure with him. I mean, I just really hope Paulini writes another as he hinted in the end. Because as things stand no..."
RORAN IS THE BEST CHARACTER IN THE BOOK! ARYA AND ERAGON ARE HORRIBLE COMPARED TO RORAN AND KATRINA!