Ask Lisa See! discussion

Flower Net

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lisaann (new)

Lisaann | 2 comments Although I enjoy your historical fiction, my favorites are the contemporary thrillers that began with "Flower Net." Why did you radically change your emphasise? (BTW, we've met...I did the horrible review at Bay Books that I had to redo after actually having read the book...still treasure the copy of Flower Net with your inscription)

message 2: by Lisa (new)

Lisa See | 81 comments Mod
Happily I don't remember your horrible review, which is good, I hope! LOL.

I never thought of it as a radical change. I look at Snow Flower and see a classic mystery format even though it is a so-called "literary novel."

message 3: by Lisaann (new)

Lisaann | 2 comments Good point. I guess what I meant to say is that I enjoyed the characters in those books and would love to see more of them.

message 4: by Ann (new)

Ann  Lynch (annielynch) | 2 comments Love your books Lisa - attended your book lecture at Carnegie Music Hall in Pittsburgh with my husband - he enjoyed it too. We lived in Shanghai, China for 3 years where many expats enjoyed your books. We passed them around because sometimes we couldn't buy them there. Thanks for writing them. I have the Snowflower movie - just haven't had time to watch.

message 5: by Lisa (new)

I really enjoyed that event too. What a beautiful building! I was awed to be there.

I'll be curious to hear what you think of the film. It's very different from the book.

message 6: by Ann (new)

Ann  Lynch (annielynch) | 2 comments I will do my best to watch it soon. I work 40 hours a week and the weekends are so busy with the grandbaby - not much time for me but I'll try soon.

message 7: by Joani (new)

Joani Stewart-Georgi  (joanisg) | 1 comments I love love love all of you books. Gratefully you are very prolific.
I am fascinated by China and the Cultural Revolution and your stories are so real and revealing and inspiring and historical and about women.
I used to take writing classes at UCLA with your mother and then I went with a friend to India with the UCLA Alumni and there was your mother . . . I barely had heard of you then . . . you are fantastic, it would be a pleasure to meet you . . . Keep writing . . . your books are my vacation . . . thanks, Joani

message 8: by Michele (new)

Michele Maliano | 3 comments When is the next book coming out? And, what is the title?

message 9: by Lisa (new)

The next book will come out in 2014. It's called China Dolls.

message 10: by Lisa (new)

I don't feel like I'm terribly prolific. In fact, I feel like I'm rather slow. Some writers turn out a book every year. I'm hardly in that catagory.
Joani wrote: "I love love love all of you books. Gratefully you are very prolific.
I am fascinated by China and the Cultural Revolution and your stories are so real and revealing and inspiring and historical and..."

message 11: by Michele (new)

Michele Maliano | 3 comments Wonderful! I will mark my calendar. I actually like that the market is not flooded with your books. Some authors hit the stores with nine plus books a year. The story line is similar with different character names. It becomes boring for the reader/fan after a few years. You always reinvent. I'll gladly wait!!

message 12: by Lisa (new)

You're the BEST!!! Thank you!