Common Things and More! discussion

Books/favorite Authors > Mockingjay

Comments Showing 1-50 of 58 (58 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Faith Noelle (new)

Faith Noelle Smith This is Mockingjay! The 3rd book of the Hunger Games seires!

Lea (Peeta's #1 Fangirl!) (3teofilea3) | 433 comments Okay..So at first I hated the ending. Then, I realized that it was as best of an ending as I could of hoped for. The Districts free from the Capitols tight grip. Rebuilding and such. And Katniss finnaly grew to love Peeta. I know SO many lives were lost, and everyone can never be the same. However out of the pain, determintation struck and with that a new society arose.

message 3: by Faith Noelle (new)

Faith Noelle Smith Okay,I think alot of what you said is true but I also think you are worng. I think that even though they are free the capitol still rules them. They are afriad to move on with there life but,I am happy for Katniss.

Lea (Peeta's #1 Fangirl!) (3teofilea3) | 433 comments Well President Snow and Coin are gone. Who else rules the Capitol?

message 5: by Faith Noelle (new)

Faith Noelle Smith Thats true. I think they would still be a littel afradi thoguh to move on cause they have een under the capitols rule for soo long.

Lea (Peeta's #1 Fangirl!) (3teofilea3) | 433 comments I think of the district people as strong..They stood up, and they are NOT gonna let their fear get in the way.

message 7: by Faith Noelle (new)

Faith Noelle Smith Maybe they should have, maybe it would have been easier on everyone.Kinda like I've done.

message 8: by Lea (Peeta's #1 Fangirl!) (last edited Nov 06, 2011 01:38PM) (new)

Lea (Peeta's #1 Fangirl!) (3teofilea3) | 433 comments Um..Should have what?

message 9: by Faith Noelle (new)

Faith Noelle Smith Let fear run them.

Lea (Peeta's #1 Fangirl!) (3teofilea3) | 433 comments It may have been easier, but in the end what does it do? Keep them in safety I suppose, but what good is that if nothing becomes of it?

message 11: by Faith Noelle (new)

Faith Noelle Smith RIGHT! Thats me for now away I let fear run my ilfe and I shouldnt should I?

Lea (Peeta's #1 Fangirl!) (3teofilea3) | 433 comments NEVER let fear run your life.

message 13: by Faith Noelle (new)

Faith Noelle Smith Okay,lets go with that.

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Lea (Peeta's #1 Fangirl!) wrote: "Well President Snow and Coin are gone. Who else rules the Capitol?"

Plutarch Hevansby.
This is my favorite book in the series. I really loved the action senes.

message 16: by Faith Noelle (new)

Faith Noelle Smith Yes! I forgot about Plutarch. I agree with you Brideget

Lea (Peeta's #1 Fangirl!) (3teofilea3) | 433 comments hmm...I thought it wasn't as interesting as the others..Like the "mission" was pretty much a failure..And the action scenes? All for the cameras..Except for when Finnick you-know-whated :(

message 18: by Faith Noelle (new)

Faith Noelle Smith D***? I can kinda agree.

Lea (Peeta's #1 Fangirl!) (3teofilea3) | 433 comments :(...you can't even talk about it, it's so sad!

message 20: by Faith Noelle (new)

Faith Noelle Smith Okay then! I will say this RIP

message 22: by Faith Noelle (new)

Faith Noelle Smith I so kinda loved when Haymitch Katniss got closer as a little "family'

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

I liked the ending. It wasn't sugarcoated like most book endings, and even more bitter than those where a couple of people are lost (i.e. HP and PJO). It was bittersweet because the people alive had to deal with everything they lost. But they grew closer (although Gale chickened out and ran away) and started rebuilding...so she didn't completely lose everything.

And she does finally have kids, telling her previous promises to never start a family to do something anatomically unlikely with themselves.

(Ha...TMI reference...I have no life.)

message 24: by Riah (new)

Riah Snickerdoodle wrote: "I liked the ending. It wasn't sugarcoated like most book endings, and even more bitter than those where a couple of people are lost (i.e. HP and PJO). It was bittersweet because the people alive ha..."

Agreed. Realistic rather than happily ever after.

Lea (Peeta's #1 Fangirl!) (3teofilea3) | 433 comments I just have one comment. Gale did not chicken out and run away. He knew his being in District 12 would make grieving Prim even worse. Plus, Katniss would feel guilty about eventually loving Peeta if he was there. So, Gale did the noble and manly thing and went to go live his life so Katniss could live hers.

message 26: by Riah (new)

Riah I don'think Gale chickened out either! But I wish they could have remained friend, I know that is impossible, but still!

message 27: by Faith Noelle (new)

Faith Noelle Smith I think you both are kinda right.

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

I wish he had stayed, I loved him, until he went to Two!!!

message 29: by Faith Noelle (new)

Faith Noelle Smith Gale?

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

yes

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

Chickened out is just fun to say. Sorry if I offended anyone. What I meant was, he left to keep Katniss happy.

Lea (Peeta's #1 Fangirl!) (3teofilea3) | 433 comments Okay :)

message 33: by Faith Noelle (new)

Faith Noelle Smith Not really I mean he did leave but it really didnt help Katniss. She needs him by her side.

message 34: by Lea (Peeta's #1 Fangirl!) (last edited Dec 03, 2011 07:52PM) (new)

Lea (Peeta's #1 Fangirl!) (3teofilea3) | 433 comments I thought that too, but no. When Gale left for district 2 did not feel longing or anything of that matter. All she said was " Gale's probably kissing another pair of lips in 2.". It was clear that at that point she didn't need him. I guess she needed Peeta more? I didn't like that somehow their friendship suddenly collasped. Another thing I didn't like about this book.

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

Gale's bomb killed Prim. That kind of puts a damper on their friendship.

message 36: by Faith Noelle (new)

Faith Noelle Smith It was Gale's bomb?! NOW I AM MAD!

message 37: by Hannah (new)

Hannah | 25 comments Maybe that's why he left her, So that she could not go and hate him for the rest of his life ethier that or Katiniss would make his life a missery because he killed Prim kinda like revenge

message 38: by Faith Noelle (new)

Faith Noelle Smith How would killing PRim be revenge though?

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

Faith wrote: "It was Gale's bomb?! NOW I AM MAD!"

They never really say. Both Katniss and Gale say they don't know, but most people figure it was.

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah...never explicitly proven, but I think we can assume it was his and Beetee's.

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah. They were discussing things like it through out Mockingjay.

message 42: by Faith Noelle (new)

Faith Noelle Smith Well still, it makes me mad. Why would he do that to Katiss? To PRIM!

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

Sorry, I think I ruined the book for you. D':

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

Faith, I don't think he meant to. I think he just wanted to win the war, so everyone could have freedom. As for why he left, I think that's what he thought was best. Things could never be the same with them anyways.

Lea (Peeta's #1 Fangirl!) (3teofilea3) | 433 comments I agree with Sam. Gale didn't mean to do it. He's probably living with guilt for the rest of his life. Not fun.

message 46: by Hannah (last edited Dec 07, 2011 01:55PM) (new)

Hannah | 25 comments Faith wrote: "How would killing PRim be revenge though?"

I mean't with snow and how Katniss got to kill him if it is snow bomb

message 47: by Faith Noelle (new)

Faith Noelle Smith Snickerdoodle wrote: "Sorry, I think I ruined the book for you. D':"

No, I have already read it.

message 48: by Faith Noelle (new)

Faith Noelle Smith Hannah wrote: "Faith wrote: "How would killing PRim be revenge though?"

I mean't with snow and how Katniss got to kill him if it is snow bomb"

Sam wrote: "Faith, I don't think he meant to. I think he just wanted to win the war, so everyone could have freedom. As for why he left, I think that's what he thought was best. Things could never be the same ..."

Then how does killling Prim help? I think if he didnt want to he wouldnt have done it in the first place.

message 49: by [deleted user] (new)

I think that Coin was the one who was behind it. She authorized to have Prim sent out to the front line. When the first smaller set of bombs wen off, she (and other medics)went to help. Then the big bomb goes off seemingly because if the Capitol, Coin thought that would send everybody over the edge to her side. It was just Gale's original idea, not necessarily to use it then though.

message 50: by [deleted user] (new)

Okay, I have another question:

Do you think Katniss voted yes to one last Hunger Games, because she genuinely wanted it, or so she could get Coin's trust in order to kill her? (And, did Haymitch follow her because he knew or because he wanted one?)

« previous 1