Young Adult Fiction for Adults discussion

Non-series Books > Trying to locate a book (title unknown)

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kat (new)

Kat (katrinalouise) I was thinking recently about a book I read when I was younger and I can't for the life of me think what the title was and I was hoping that maybe someone here had heard of it and could maybe point me in the right direction.

The book was about a young girl (teenager but unsure what age) who became pregnant. The baby was giving up for adoption but it was an open adoption. The girl spent a lot of time with the adoptive family after the adoption had taken place which eventually started to become problematic. At some point in the book the girl kidnaps the baby. She takes her on a bus (I think) and because the baby is hungry she feeds her some peanut butter (I think) and the baby has a reaction to it. Which is how it gets found out that she has the baby.

I'm sorry I have no more details on the book. But I would be very grateful for any help. I don't know if the copy I borrowed was a UK or US edition (because for some reason my local library, in England, often had American edition books).

Thank you for any help given

message 2: by Theo (new)

Theo Could it be Saving Grace by Darlene Ryan . It was published in 2006 (don't know if that is too recent), and is about a young mother who kidnaps her child from the adoptive parents.

message 3: by Kat (new)

Kat (katrinalouise) Thanks Theo. I don't think it's that one from looking it up although certain aspects are familiar to me.

I don't think 2006 would be too recent though as I would have been around 15 then so probably around the time I read the book.