ROBUST discussion

Introduce Yourself > Long Time First Time

Comments Showing 1-38 of 38 (38 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Athanasios (last edited Nov 05, 2011 08:32PM) (new)

Athanasios (athanos) Hi I'm Athanasios. I've indie published my own books, the most recent in the past week. I joined goodreads a few months ago to promote Mad Gods my first effort and have spent most of my time in Facebook groups, Kindleboards & KDP forums. I met a few great people there but have wanted to see what goodreads was really all about.

With the release of Commitment my sophomore effort I've decided to give goodreads more of my attention.

For whoever is curious my website with info about my books is @: http://www.mad-gods.com. I introduce both stories and have links to my blog, my first book's trailer and examples of my daytime work as a graphic/video artist & part time work as a cover artist.

I don't want this to be too much like a mercenary post so I'll say good evening to you all and I'll be checking you out on this group. If anybody else has suggestions of great groups like this one please feel free to share their names and I'll be sure to join them too.

message 2: by Andre Jute (new)

Andre Jute (andrejute) | 4851 comments Mod
Welcome, Tom.

message 3: by J.A. (new)

J.A. Beard (jabeard) Welcome.

message 4: by Claudine (new)

Claudine | 1110 comments Mod
Hello Tom, you did Kat Jordan's new cover didn't you? The snake bike?

message 5: by K.A. (new)

K.A. Jordan (kajordan) | 3042 comments Hi Tom!

Thanks again for the great cover!
Kat

message 6: by Katie (new)

Katie Stewart (katiewstewart) | 1099 comments Hi Tom. You won't find another group like this. It's one of a kind.

message 7: by K.A. (new)

K.A. Jordan (kajordan) | 3042 comments That's the truth.

I suspect we have many lurkers who tune in regularly for entertainment.

message 8: by Andre Jute (last edited Nov 07, 2011 11:05AM) (new)

They should post. We haven't eaten an innocent since... good heavens, I can't even remember since when.

message 9: by Athanasios (new)

Athanasios (athanos) Thanks for all the kind words everybody. Yes Claudine I did do Kat Jordan's snake bike cover for Swallow the Moon. I'll be seeing everybody around.

message 10: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Tillotson (storytellerauthor) | 1802 comments Wow, Tom! That cover is fabulous! Now that you have outed yourself you better watch out. You may be in great demand for covers.

Welcome to our ROBUST group. Looking forward to your participation...

message 11: by Athanasios (new)

Athanasios (athanos) Aw shucks, thanks Sharon

message 12: by Claudine (new)

No need for modesty Tom. It's a damn fine cover. That bike is freaky.

message 13: by K.A. (new)

K.A. Jordan (kajordan) | 3042 comments All we need is some exposure on the book bloggs!

message 14: by Athanasios (new)

Athanasios (athanos) My mom told me never to expose myself and it's frowned upon in polite society. Fully clothed is where it's at.

message 15: by K.A. (new)

K.A. Jordan (kajordan) | 3042 comments (shakes head)
:P

message 16: by Claudine (new)

So you don't get nekkid in the full moonlight and dance around a bonfire then?

message 17: by K.A. (new)

K.A. Jordan (kajordan) | 3042 comments You mean skyclad???

LOL

message 18: by Claudine (new)

Yes. But don't forget the goat's blood. Or was that the blood of a baby? I forget.....being heathen and all. ;)

message 19: by K.A. (new)

K.A. Jordan (kajordan) | 3042 comments Heathen and pagan are two different things.

PS, I thought it was chicken blood.

message 20: by Andre Jute (new)

A pagan is by definition a heathen.

message 21: by K.A. (new)

K.A. Jordan (kajordan) | 3042 comments Not all heathens are pagans...isn't there a difference between the words, or am I thinking heretics??

message 22: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Tillotson (storytellerauthor) | 1802 comments I believe a Heathen is just someone who does not practice the Abrahamic religions, so one could say a pagan is heathen.

Most pagans, on the other hand, are pantheistic (essentially, God and the Universe are one) or polytheistic (believing in multiple gods).

They are not necessarily synonyms...

message 23: by Andre Jute (new)

A pagan must be a heathen.

A heathen is not necessarily a pagan.

A Christian, a Jew and a Muslim are generally distinguished by the practice of monotheism, while a pagan prays to multiple gods, as Sharon says. Technically, anyone who isn't a Christian is a heathen. But a monotheist (a Jew or a Muslim) can also be a heathen, though the common usage of the word politely excludes Jews...

Though nobody says it much these days, for five thousand years or so all semites (including the ancestors of today's Arabs, who are also genetically semitic) prayed to one God. The difference between Judaism and the two great schisms, Christianity and Mohammedanism, is just a matter of which prophet one chooses to believe in, Moses, Jesus or Mohammet.

The smaller the difference, the greater the hatred...

message 24: by K.A. (new)

K.A. Jordan (kajordan) | 3042 comments I've always heard the Old Testment was essentially the same book as the Tora and the Koran.

We are all the children of the same God, the differences are merely sybling rivalery.

How sad.

message 25: by Sharon (last edited Nov 17, 2011 09:45AM) (new)

Sharon Tillotson (storytellerauthor) | 1802 comments Too true on both counts, Andre and Kat.

And saddest of all is their religions are built around not God, as their prophets would have them do, but the prophets themselves, as Andre said.

I think we need to get nekkid as many 'pagans' do.

message 26: by K.A. (new)

K.A. Jordan (kajordan) | 3042 comments Hey everyone - I entered Tom's glorious cover in the 'Fall/Winter Best Cover of 2011' contest.

http://www.goodreads.com/list/show/14472

Pop over and give him a vote. It's hovering between 70 and 85.

message 27: by Athanasios (new)

Athanasios (athanos) Jeez thanks Kat, wow that would be cool to win.

message 28: by K.A. (last edited Nov 17, 2011 12:56PM) (new)

K.A. Jordan (kajordan) | 3042 comments The top 10 would be nice - think of all the exposure!

Currently at #50 - up 30 points with 4 votes!

message 29: by Athanasios (new)

Athanasios (athanos) I posted all over my facebook groups and twitter.

message 30: by Andre Jute (new)

Up to #39 with another vote.

message 31: by Sharon (last edited Nov 17, 2011 02:24PM) (new)

Sharon Tillotson (storytellerauthor) | 1802 comments Now at #33 (after 3 times trying, 3 times freezing up: my PC does not like GR sometimes). I looooove that cover!

Is it only for covers pubbed this fall? Otherwise Andre and Katie aught to add theirs to the list.

message 32: by Katie (new)

Katie Stewart (katiewstewart) | 1099 comments I just voted, but it didn't seem to move. :(

message 33: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Tillotson (storytellerauthor) | 1802 comments It takes a couple of minutes...

message 34: by K.A. (new)

K.A. Jordan (kajordan) | 3042 comments Currently #19 - I'm so excited! Top 10 here we come!!!

message 35: by Claudine (new)

Just voted too, it is still at 19 though.

message 36: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Tillotson (storytellerauthor) | 1802 comments Kat, you need more votes, and the cover deserves to be higher! Have you posted on KB?

message 37: by K.A. (new)

K.A. Jordan (kajordan) | 3042 comments No, I never thought about that.

Hmm - I think I'll give that a try.

message 38: by K.A. (new)

K.A. Jordan (kajordan) | 3042 comments http://www.kindleboards.com/index.php...

Posted a plea on KB in above link. If someone will give it a bump now and again - I will as well.