Common Things and More! discussion

Books/favorite Authors > Catching Fire

Comments Showing 1-37 of 37 (37 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Faith Noelle (new)

Faith Noelle Smith This is where you can talk about the 2nd book in the Hunger Games book series.

Lea (Peeta's #1 Fangirl!) (3teofilea3) | 433 comments OMG! LOVED THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 Amazingness!!! SO suprised about the 75th Hunger Games! Never expected it!

message 3: by Faith Noelle (last edited Nov 05, 2011 09:47PM) (new)

Faith Noelle Smith Wow Lea,You seems happy. I agree never thoguht that would happen ethier! RIP Finnick!

Lea (Peeta's #1 Fangirl!) (3teofilea3) | 433 comments haha..I always use CAPS!! Why did you have to bring up Finnick's death??????!!! WHY,Suzanne Collins?? Could it have been Cressida instead?

message 5: by Faith Noelle (new)

Faith Noelle Smith Ummm... Cause it was a big part in the book! Why eles?

Lea (Peeta's #1 Fangirl!) (3teofilea3) | 433 comments Well, it happened in Mockingjay, not Catching Fire..Sorta a spoiler.

message 7: by Faith Noelle (last edited Nov 06, 2011 03:12PM) (new)

Faith Noelle Smith Oh yeah! It was Mags do died! My bad!!

Lea (Peeta's #1 Fangirl!) (3teofilea3) | 433 comments Magas? You mean Mags? Yea and um you should delete that post or else people will be like "WHAT! I didn't know that."..

message 9: by Faith Noelle (new)

Faith Noelle Smith Yeah,thats a good idea.

message 10: by Erin (new)

Erin I feel bad because I didnt really pay attention to Finnick :( Next time I read them! :d

message 11: by Faith Noelle (new)

Faith Noelle Smith That is SOOO mean! Finninck was one up the best chacters.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

I agree Finnick was Awesome!! I didn't like the secound book so much I think Gale just got too mean.
I love the parts with Peeta and Katniss though.

message 13: by Faith Noelle (new)

Faith Noelle Smith I kinda agree, I feel like around the second book Collins started to protray Gale as the bad guy when all he was doing is trying to save Katniss.

Lea (Peeta's #1 Fangirl!) (3teofilea3) | 433 comments Well I never thought of Gale as the "bad guy"..I mean there were times when he was a bit hearless and jealous..but besides that he's a great guy

message 15: by Faith Noelle (last edited Nov 07, 2011 05:24PM) (new)

Faith Noelle Smith Yeah, just like someone I know. Sigh. I've sighed alot today.

Lea (Peeta's #1 Fangirl!) (3teofilea3) | 433 comments Actually it's heartless, not hearless..haha! :(..don't be sad :((((((

message 17: by Faith Noelle (new)

Faith Noelle Smith Okay,lets go with that. lol

Lea (Peeta's #1 Fangirl!) (3teofilea3) | 433 comments Fav. part???? Mine is??????? Umm..eyelashes??? When Katniss becomes fixtated on Peeta's long eyelashes..

message 19: by Faith Noelle (new)

Faith Noelle Smith When did that happen?

message 20: by Riah (new)

Riah You thought Suzanne started writing Gale as a bad guy? I never saw that. I didn't much care for him, but I don't think she made him bad per say.

message 21: by Faith Noelle (new)

Faith Noelle Smith I did kinda. Like he wasnt really bad but he came off as kinda mean around ook two. In my oppion.

message 22: by Riah (last edited Nov 09, 2011 08:28AM) (new)

Riah I thought he was mean in book one. Look at how he snapped at Madge. Plus you don't get to see him much at all in the first book. He's only there in flash backs most of the time. He is a more intricate part of book two so his character becomes more known to us.

message 23: by Faith Noelle (new)

Faith Noelle Smith I didnt really consider that mean just ummmm... vrey high strung? So are you saying just cause we dont see him alot in book one and in book two we see he alot that he isnt bad? Like in book two I kinda though he was being a bit pushy about trying to help Katniss when every possible.

message 24: by Riah (new)

Riah I'm saying that maybe would didn't see his anger issues as much in the first, so when we saw him more in the second book it seemed as though she (the author) was trying to make him bad. I never saw him as bad, just pretty angry.

message 25: by Faith Noelle (new)

Faith Noelle Smith Yeah,thats what I mean. Gale was never a nad guy till the third book.

message 26: by Riah (new)

Riah You thought he was bad in the 3rd? I thought he was overly determined. I liked him though, although my sister hates him.
So what's everyones favorite first book character?

message 27: by Faith Noelle (new)

Faith Noelle Smith Well yeah, HE was in the plain that kill PRIME of course he was bad

Lea (Peeta's #1 Fangirl!) (3teofilea3) | 433 comments Faith wrote: "When did that happen?"
The eyelash part? In CF, when Katniss was stuck in bed cause she sprained and broke something..And Peeta was drawing stuff for that plant book...here is a quote:
“I also become a little fixated on his eyelashes, which ordinarily you don’t notice much because they’re so blonde. But up close, in the sunlight slanting in from the window, they’re a light golden color and so long I don’t see how they keep from getting all tangled up when he blinks.”

message 29: by Faith Noelle (new)

Faith Noelle Smith Oh yeah! I loved that part. It was just sooo(put word here)

Lea (Peeta's #1 Fangirl!) (3teofilea3) | 433 comments WONDERFUL

message 31: by Faith Noelle (new)

Faith Noelle Smith Yes,that.

message 32: by Faith Noelle (new)

Faith Noelle Smith I miss Mags. I also thought it was an unfair way to die.

Lea (Peeta's #1 Fangirl!) (3teofilea3) | 433 comments Well, she sacrificed her life for the rebellion..Like, if Peeta died, Katniss would of broken allience with Finnick and could of died...Like I've been wondering, what if Peeta died when he hit the force field? What would Katniss do? What would happen?????

message 34: by Hannah (new)

Hannah | 25 comments Katniss would of probably killed Finick and Mags went out and tried to take out any other player left and die when defeated by a fellow tribute or see would win go home and see prim and haymich and her mother than see would be the mentor of all the kids and she would end up marrying Gale and than just living in her house with the rest of the family till when one of hazelle children get reaped and they win hopefully than the country has to have more hunger games and things stay the same

message 35: by [deleted user] (last edited Dec 07, 2011 12:38PM) (new)

Lea (Peeta's #1 Fangirl!) wrote: "Well, she sacrificed her life for the rebellion..Like, if Peeta died, Katniss would of broken allience with Finnick and could of died...Like I've been wondering, what if Peeta died when he hit the ..."

I bet she would have committed suicide.

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

Catching Fire was awesomeness.

That about sums it up, no?

Except for the ending, of course. The greatest cliffhanger of all time. I was literally biting my nails. And I NEVER bite my nails.

message 37: by Hannah (new)

Hannah | 25 comments I Just begged to go to the libary the next day when they did that they didn't have it and I would Have to wait 8 weeks I was like Evil City council where you have to wait for everyone esle to finsh it and I have to wait for 10 other towns So I had to go and buy the next I it a Amazing Cliff hanger