Best Teen Books discussion

Recommendations > Paranormal Urban Fantasy with happy endings or sequels with happy endings

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Robinn (new)

Robinn (robinng) | 4 comments I would like some recommendations for paranormal teens living urban fantasy lives that don't have sad endings. I'm on the latest "House of Night" book and enjoyed "Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children" (hoping there's a sequel to it!). Sad endings are too upsettting for me (I know I'm a wimp). Thanks in advance!!

message 2: by Madeleine (last edited Nov 07, 2011 05:49PM) (new)

Madeleine (athingforbooks) | 2 comments The series isn't quite over yet - only four out of the planned six have been published - but the mortal instruments series by Cassandra Clare is really really really good!the first book is City of Bones. I've also read Forgotten By Cat Patrick and it's great :D Those are the ones I could think of off the top of my head, but I'll post again if I think of any others :)

message 3: by Robinn (new)

Robinn (robinng) | 4 comments I've read the first three plus the first one in her other series. I have City of Fallen Angels but I'm kind of saving it. She has the second one from the new series coming out in December. Will look into Forgotten. Thanks for the rec!

message 4: by Kathleen (new)

Kathleen Harsch Robinn wrote: "I would like some recommendations for paranormal teens living urban fantasy lives that don't have sad endings. I'm on the latest "House of Night" book and enjoyed "Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculi..."

Hey Robinn,
Since you're looking for recommendations about books with paranormal teens that have happy endings, I would like to suggest mine. My book, Dreaming Dangerously, is 99 cents on Kindle and for Kindle Prime, it's a free loan. It's about a girl, Cassie, who has been able to read minds all of her life, but has kept it a secret out of fear of rejection from family and friends. It's a secret until she meets Will, who can also read minds. As they experiment with their abiltiies, she begins to have nightmares that come true, and she has to decide whether or not to trust him. It's gotten mostly 4 and 5 star reviews and nothing lower than a 3. If you want to check it out, I have a blog at: Kathleen Harsch that tells all about it and gives you the first Chapter as well as a book trailer. Dreaming Dangerously by Kathleen Harsch

message 5: by Morgan (new)

Morgan (mlhiggins84) I know this thread has been dormant since Jan but if anyone is still interested I really loved Rosemary Clement-Moore's Texas Gothic. It definitely has a happy ending and unlike every other paranormal ya book is not the beginning of yet another series.

message 6: by Robinn (new)

Robinn (robinng) | 4 comments Thanks! All responses are welcomed!! I will definitely look into this one. Thanks again!

message 7: by Samantha (new)

Samantha (NeverCat Books) (nevercatbooks) | 1 comments I would recommend Tithe by Holly Black! There are some sad moments but overall it is a very good book!