Christian Readers discussion

Wayward Son
This topic is about Wayward Son
Jesus is the only answer, so why do we seek elsewhere?

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by John (last edited Nov 05, 2011 11:59AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

John Loftus | 1 comments Wayward Son The Wayward Son attains all that people seek from this world: wealth, power, knowledge, achievements on a grand scale, relationships, and above all, longevity. Yet, as for all of us, these accomplishments still leave a God-sized void in his soul. Why do we continue to seek fulfullment from worldly things, even those of us who already know that Jesus is the only answer?

message 2: by Stephen (new)

Stephen Biro (stephenbiro) Cause we live in a sinful world that has been given over to the Devil. We all come up short before the Glory of God and that's where faith and belief in kick in!

Karen Stephen wrote: "Cause we live in a sinful world that has been given over to the Devil. We all come up short before the Glory of God and that's where faith and belief in kick in!"

Amen. That book is awesome though.When I like a book so much I keep it for a 2nd round. Is good book.

message 4: by Alkmini (new)

Alkmini In my opinion we keep seeking the joy and the fullness in wordly things, because we just can't accept that He is all we need. We can't accept that someone can be this Great and love us with an enless love.

Karen Alkmini wrote: "In my opinion we keep seeking the joy and the fullness in wordly things, because we just can't accept that He is all we need. We can't accept that someone can be this Great and love us with an enle..."

That is it. Seeing it now in my 22 year old son whose wife turned on him because of evil people she started hanging with. He is full of self pity, but stems from pride. Now she has become his God. It is so horrible to see and watch.
All he needs is Jesus but how to tell him without pushing him away from God. He married this girl and she married him for the wrong reasons. She is unsaved also. God must be the one to break through. Right now and this is the way it should be even in the sun shine times God-Not only is Jesus all I need, he is all I have to get me through.

message 6: by Alkmini (last edited Nov 13, 2011 11:54AM) (new)

Alkmini I pray that your son will realise how much God loves him and how much he needs Him...

message 7: by Stephen (new)

Stephen Biro (stephenbiro) It takes time. At that age, most people don't even know who they are yet. Hopefully, it will come in as he matures.

Karen Thank You.

message 9: by Dana (new)

Dana Rongione (danarongione) | 36 comments I think we often turn to other things because we long for something we can physically see or hold. The old saying "out of sight; out of mind" seems to sum up the Christian walk. In the midst of the dark world, it can be easy to forget that God is with us all the way and that He is all we need.

Karen Dana wrote: "I think we often turn to other things because we long for something we can physically see or hold. The old saying "out of sight; out of mind" seems to sum up the Christian walk. In the midst of t..."

Amen.

message 11: by Janette (new)

Janette Mapes | 84 comments LOVE

message 12: by Mickey (new)

Mickey Mullen (mrmullenvcncom) | 655 comments You follow what Paul said who was the advocate for Satan Isaiah 14:13-14 St John 5:43 I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not, (Jesus) if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive. (Paul) Salvation is physical Ezekiel 36:26-25-27. is what it means to be born again and receive His Spirit after your body is clean as in the 25th verse.

message 13: by Rod (new)

Rod Horncastle Is this your only outlet to tell your Freaky story Mickey? Do you have your own church? Or what does your Pastor think?

message 14: by Mickey (new)

Mickey Mullen (mrmullenvcncom) | 655 comments Satan is in all the churches and religious organizations so I don't go to any church. BUT I had went to the alter when I was 31 years old under conviction of my sins, in a protestant church and was saved at a gasoline service station after I left about 30 minutes later. I have no church because no one will believe me with thousands of preachers telling people that St John 3:16 is the way to go that is good enough for them and easy. If you give $1000 to a preacher tell me again, whoes bank account got bigger?

Isaiah 14:13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I (Satan) will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: (members) I will sit also upon the mount (all) of the congregation, (churches and religious organizations)14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.(Paul was his advocate) St John 5:43 I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: (Jesus) if another shall come in (his own name) him ye will receive (or believe) (Paul)

The university of Wyoming in Laramie had a birthday celabration for the king james Bile of 1611 I went and told them that The Acts thru Jude, Satan wrote with Paul as his advocate. I'm sure you will hear about it on the national news. I'll put the royalties with the $2.88 I made last year. The IRS took $1.12.

message 15: by Dana (new)

Dana Rongione (danarongione) | 36 comments Mickey wrote: "Satan is in all the churches and religious organizations so I don't go to any church. BUT I had went to the alter when I was 31 years old under conviction of my sins, in a protestant church and was..."

Wow! I don't know where you're getting your information, but it certainly isn't from the Word of God. All of your parentheticals are based on your own opinion, not on fact. I urge you to throw out your preconceived notions and study the Bible with an open heart and mind. Salvation is through Christ alone and is made possible through His death on the cross. God is the author of the Bible--the entire Bible, and Paul was a servant of Christ, not of Satan. You boast about not being in a church, but it sounds to me like you need to be so that you can hear the Bible rightly divided.

Please understand I am not criticizing, but the Bible instructs us to speak the truth in love. This is the truth. If you're not trusting in Christ's sacrifice on the cross for your salvation, then you are lost and on your way to hell. There is only one way to Heaven, and that is through the blood of Christ. That's it! I hope and pray you'll find the truth and that the truth will set you free!

message 16: by Rod (new)

Rod Horncastle A noble effort Dana. :D

Mickey here's a challenge for you:
Open your Bible to page 1. Start reading slowly...

Ask God, Jesus, Holy Spirit to help you. (If you are really a scholar of any kind - use 2 or 3 different english Biblical translations.)

When you are finished - come back and talk to us some more. :D

God does not work in a vacuum or without success in the human race. Even when the flood came he saved 8 people. With 7 billion on the planet now - it bet he's saving way more than 8.
John 10:16
"And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd."

Heaven is not going to be lonely or poorly populated.

Calvin Hecht (httpwwwgoodreadscalvinhecht) | 51 comments In Clarke's Commentary on the Bible, Clarke, quoting Proverbs 14:12, says, "There is a way which seemeth right unto a man - This may be...his own false views of religion...a false faith, a very false creed; and he may persuade himself that he is in the direct way to heaven..."

But, as the rest of Proverbs 14:12 says, "...the end thereof are the ways of death."