The Zombie Group! discussion

The "Autumn" series by David Moody

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Shawn Riddle (new)

Shawn Riddle | 19 comments Didn't see one in here so I need to start the thread for the "Autumn" series by David Moody. In my opinion the series is one of the most realistic and comprehensive undead series avaialable. I have read the first 3 in the series cover to cover multiple time and am eagerly awaiting the release of the fourth later this month. I run a fan group for David Moody on facebook with and for a very good reason, you MUST read these books if you're a fan of apocalyptic fiction. What are your thoughts on the series?

message 2: by Marcus (new)

Marcus Blakeston | 10 comments The original ones or the updated versions? :)

message 3: by Shawn Riddle (new)

Shawn Riddle | 19 comments All of the above Marcus. Ive got em all.

Felicia A Sullivan (ftjazgal) | 4 comments Me too. :-)

I just wish someone else would remake the movie.

message 5: by Shawn Riddle (new)

Shawn Riddle | 19 comments The movie had its flaws, but it also had t charms, one of which being we got to see David Moody as a meatsuit! Lol

Felicia A Sullivan (ftjazgal) | 4 comments Yeah. But that series was so awesome and the movie just didn't do it justice. I think that the Moody's Survivors should remake it.

message 7: by Marcus (new)

Marcus Blakeston | 10 comments I liked the radio version, it was actually what first made me want to read the book. I suppose they wouldn't be allowed to do the other books now.

message 8: by Shawn Riddle (new)

Shawn Riddle | 19 comments I've talked to David at length about that actually. The rado versions would not be able to be done, and it would be up to the publisher to do an audio version at this point. I'd kill for either one for all the books.

message 9: by Alexis (new)

Alexis Winning | 104 comments Absolutely! I bought the first one as a summer read while on vacation, simply for the cover and the mention of zombies. It was so refreshing to read a new take on the genre. My dad will be starting some chemo treatments in the upcoming weeks, so I sent him a copy as he will have some time on his hands. He hasn't read much for zombie books, so I figured Autumn would be a great place to start.

message 10: by Jason (new)

Jason (jasonh) I'm a bit lost - they made Autumn into a movie? Sorry, guess I am a slow. :-)

I did a quick readthrough of the first two pages the other day at the library (to see if it would hook me), and I now want to read the series.

message 11: by Jason (new)

Jason | 2 comments I think that they are the best zombie books I've ever read (and I've read a few) possibly because they are set in the UK. But I still think that he avoids cliches and concentrates on character's. I've never ordered books before they were published before. Read them...

message 12: by Deborah (new)

Deborah (nursesatan) | 1 comments The first day I signed up for Goodreads and rated a few of favorite books, I was instantly presented with only one recommendation-- Autumn.
I found it at the library, and I didn't even so much as look up from reading it until it was finished.
When I had to return it, I felt kind of lost. Finally a living dead book that I actually loved- but it was over too soon.
So, I started looking up David Moody.. read everything on lastoftheliving.net, and then I found out Autumn is a SERIES! I was seriously fucking STOKED.
Anyways, next day, went to my local bookstore and bought The City, Purification and Hater (they didn't have Disintegration in stock!) and got to reading. Now I finally have Disintegration, along with Aftermath preordered. It will arrive at my house on my birthday!
After I finished the entire Autumn (minus Aftermath) I started on the Hater triology..
Seriously, I really fucking love David Moody and his novels.
The Autumn series, in my opinion, was the best series I've ever read. Ever. The storyline, and way he writes.. Moody had me captivated by these books from the start!