Goodreads Authors/Readers discussion

You Are No Sinner (You Are No Sinner)
This topic is about You Are No Sinner
X. Round Table Reading Lounge > Anger Is A Beautiful Way To Release Guilt !

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Paramahamsa Nithyananda (nithyananda) | 101 comments Anger Is A Beautiful Way To Release Guilt !

The moment we express anger, guilt is also released. Actually, anger and guilt are two sides of the same coin. Anger is a wonderful way to release guilt. The moment we become angry with the person who is responsible for creating guilt in us, we release the guilt.

When we create guilt within ourselves based on somebody’s opinion, how do we create that guilt? We create it because we respect that person. The moment we become angry with him, naturally that respect is lost. We understand we have been exploited and are disturbed by it. Quite often that person may not even realize he was exploiting us.

A small incident happened a few months back.

An American lady brought her son to me with a complaint. She said, ‘Master, he is not obeying me. Please advise him.’

I felt a little awkward. I never obeyed my mother. How could I advise this boy to obey his mother? The boy looked intelligent. But the mother kept pestering me, so I had no other option.

I started talking to the boy. I asked him, ‘Why don’t you obey your mother? She made even me obey her just now. Why don’t you listen to what she is saying?’

The boy looked at me and replied, ‘Master, she herself is not happy. If I follow her words, where will I end up? I will also end up in the same way. Why are you asking me to obey her? Why are you asking me to listen to her?’

I was shocked! Somehow I managed to convince him for the sake of his mother. But I think the next generation is going to sue their parents if they fall into depression! Children are going to sue the parents. They will say, ‘My parents didn’t give me the correct mental set-up which is why I am now depressed.’

Be careful! We have to find a means by which we will not create guilt in the minds of children; a method by which we will create only more intelligence, more understanding and more bliss in their lives.

According to me, experience is more solid than morality. Consciousness is more solid than conscience. Of course, we need a little patience to create consciousness. We need to work on children; we need to explain every step to them; we can’t just spoon-feed them. We can’t just spoon-feed consciousness. We can spoon-feed conscience; just do’s and don’ts. But with consciousness, we can’t do that. We need to work with children. Unless we have this much patience, we have no right to bring one more life to this planet.

People come and tell me, ‘Master, you don’t know, it is very difficult. If you had a child you would understand. You say these things, but it is very difficult to manage them or kindle their intelligence. We have to create guilt and give them rules.’

If you can’t take the responsibility, you must think twice before you decide to give birth to a child.

Understand! Have you solved your life’s problems? Have you found solutions to all your problems? Then go ahead; bring the next generation to this planet. Otherwise... wait! There is every chance the next generation will demand of you, ‘What are you doing? Why did you bring me into this world?’ Already children have begun to ask, ‘She herself is not happy. Why should I follow her?’ There is every chance that tomorrow’s children are not going to listen to our idea of morality.

Not only for the sake of our children but for our own sake we should look into our lives. I think that Vivekananda was one of the most courageous masters who lived on this planet. He had nothing to do with the so-called society. He broke every rule; he gave a new light to humanity. I believe He was Manu - The sage
who coded a book on social laws - of modern days. He was the smriti kara – creator of social laws - of modern days.
Read More : You are no Sinner by Paramahamsa Nithyananda

message 2: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Place (neftwink) | 7 comments "The moment we express anger, guilt is also released. Actually, anger and guilt are two sides of the same coin. Anger is a wonderful way to release guilt. The moment we become angry with the person who is responsible for creating guilt in us, we release the guilt."

Is this something someone else wrote or your opinion?

I think people try to control too much in life when, in fact, they can't even control themselves - like their own emotions or their tongue.

How could another person possibly be responsible for creating guilt in me? If I'm feeling guilt about something it's due to something I either did or didn't do. I created my guilt - not the other person. Another person might be the object or subject of my emotions - but my emotions are born of a need to either deny or self-protect/preserve/evolve - and it's all mostly unconscious.

Most people simply react to their environment (other people) without a seconds hesitation to think first.

Getting angry with another person who happens to be the subject of my guilt is directing my anger towards the wrong person. I need to be angry at myself for about a minute while I acknowledge/become aware of whatever it was that I did or didn't do to trip myself up in the first place.

"When we create guilt within ourselves based on somebody’s opinion, how do we create that guilt? We create it because we respect that person. The moment we become angry with him, naturally that respect is lost. We understand we have been exploited and are disturbed by it. Quite often that person may not even realize he was exploiting us."

I disagree that we create guilt out of respect for another person. I think most guilt is born of shame. And I can be angry with someone and still respect the person.