The Mortal Instruments discussion

Which Mortal Instruments book did you like the best?

Comments Showing 1-39 of 39 (39 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Whitney (new)

Whitney I think all books were great, but I have to say my personal favourite is City of Glass. I think there is a lot more action involved, and a lot of ends are tied. So which one did you like the best?

message 2: by Shaneka (new)

Shaneka | 59 comments City of Glass is my favourite too so much more happen and its not all Jace/Clary it involves everyone

message 3: by Mairead (new)

Mairead | 309 comments City of Ashes is my favourite, I think. I just love Simon! :) His character developed so much more in Ashes, and it was nice to see him flourish.
But love the series as a whole.
Think COFA may be my second favourite, but it may tie with Glass, not sure yet.

message 4: by Dhvani (new)

Dhvani | 3 comments I'm tied between Glass and Fallen Angels. Glass because there are so many revelations and Fallen Angels because I think the stakes are a lot higher now. Plus, I loved reading about Simon dealing with being vampire.

message 5: by PuNkyHeAd (new)

PuNkyHeAd | 3 comments My favourite is definitely City of bones. The sequels are great too, don't get me wrong. The thing is, I just love starting a new book and I love discovering a new world, new characters...So, generally speaking, the first book is always my favourite:)
OK, I also enjoyed City of glass a lot.

message 6: by Andrea (new)

Andrea (andreaumaa) city of glass!!

message 7: by Desiree (new)

Desiree Schreck (desiree2649) | 49 comments I LOVE THEM ALLLL!!! but if i had to pick one it would be ......well undecided !!!!!! :)

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

I think i loved the 3rd book the most. I think I would have stopped reading after the 2nd book if someone did assure me that they werent really siblings!

message 9: by Desiree (new)

Desiree Schreck (desiree2649) | 49 comments Anisah Lovesfruit wrote: "I think i loved the 3rd book the most. I think I would have stopped reading after the 2nd book if someone did assure me that they werent really siblings!"

I know i was totally sad when i thought they were related but when i got to the 3rd i was like "THANK GOD!!!!"

message 10: by Cindy (new)

Cindy | 7 comments I loved the 3rd book the most, i really wanted it to continue then hey it does ans i really did not enjoy the 4th book now im just waiting for the 5th one!!!

message 11: by Tjala (new)

Tjala | 42 comments the newest!!
i think they get better every time!!
the plots are fantastic and i love jace!!

message 12: by Desiree (new)

Desiree Schreck (desiree2649) | 49 comments me too I LOVE JACE!!!!! i mean who dosnt ??? :)

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Cindy wrote: "I loved the 3rd book the most, i really wanted it to continue then hey it does ans i really did not enjoy the 4th book now im just waiting for the 5th one!!!"

I didnt enjoy the 4th that much as well

message 14: by Desiree (new)

Desiree Schreck (desiree2649) | 49 comments Anisah Lovesfruit wrote: "Cindy wrote: "I loved the 3rd book the most, i really wanted it to continue then hey it does ans i really did not enjoy the 4th book now im just waiting for the 5th one!!!"

I didnt enjoy the 4th t..."

In a way i kind of agree, i mean i liked it but it was my least favorite in the series.

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

I enjoyed all of the books but my favorite was City of Glass. I couldn't stop reading it.

message 16: by Haley (new)

Haley (hlygirl5) I loved City of Glass and I sort of agree that city of fallen angels wasn't the best one, but I didn't dislike it because I know a lot of what happened probably had to to advance the plot and create more conflict. Also, I wouldn't have liked it if it was just nice and happy with everything going right. Those are just my thoughts.

message 17: by Desiree (new)

Desiree Schreck (desiree2649) | 49 comments ya i guess i kind of agree with that. :)

message 18: by Desiree (new)

Desiree Schreck (desiree2649) | 49 comments im sad!!!! i want to get the clockwork prince tomarrow...but cant!!!!!! AAAAHHHHH!

message 19: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (hannah1) I really don't think I can choose 1 out of all the books. There all so different as in the characters all develop more n more in each book, relationships grow. I really can't choose!!

message 20: by Desiree (new)

Desiree Schreck (desiree2649) | 49 comments AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH GOT THE CLOCKWORK PRINCE!!!! :)

message 21: by Desiree (new)

Desiree Schreck (desiree2649) | 49 comments Hannah wrote: "I really don't think I can choose 1 out of all the books. There all so different as in the characters all develop more n more in each book, relationships grow. I really can't choose!!"

i agree with that

message 22: by Christina (new)

Christina (regalladysnow) | 14 comments I enjoyed Ashes and Glass more than Bones and Fallen Angels. Even so, they're all great.

message 23: by Sandstardust (new)

Sandstardust (booksniffurr) | 2 comments City of Glass. :)))

message 24: by Hana (new)

Hana (zhiellyhan) | 3 comments i loved the COFA and COG. COB quite bored me.

message 25: by Desiree (new)

Desiree Schreck (desiree2649) | 49 comments I JUST LOVE ALL OF THE BOOKS!!!!!!

message 26: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (hannah1) Desiree wrote: "I JUST LOVE ALL OF THE BOOKS!!!!!!"

Completely agree!!

message 27: by - (new)

- (renkks) Im between City Of Glass and Clockwork Angel

message 28: by Tjala (new)

Tjala | 42 comments city =of fallen angels i think they get better every time!!

message 29: by Desiree (new)

Desiree Schreck (desiree2649) | 49 comments Hannah wrote: "Desiree wrote: "I JUST LOVE ALL OF THE BOOKS!!!!!!"

Completely agree!!"

Right!!!! there amazing

message 30: by Cat (new)

Cat (tattythomas) | 2 comments City of Bones <3 but I loved them ALL <3

message 31: by Desiree (new)

Desiree Schreck (desiree2649) | 49 comments Yep

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

I loved them all, but my favorite is COA.

message 33: by Katherine (new)

Katherine (katherines4) Gina wrote: "I loved them all, but my favorite is COA."

4th one. Cant remember what its calld, bacuse i havent read them in soo long!

message 34: by Tjala (new)

Tjala | 42 comments Katherine wrote: "Gina wrote: "I loved them all, but my favorite is COA."

4th one. Cant remember what its calld, bacuse i havent read them in soo long!"

city of fallen angels

message 35: by Chae (new)

Chae Ford (shadytyrell) | 8 comments City of Glass was my favorite. I will never forget chapter 9: This Guilty Blood. My favorite chapter from a book. I hope we get to see more of Ithuriel in latter novels.
City of Fallen Angels was the worst T___________T

message 36: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 6 comments CoG all the way!!! My favorite chapter is shadowhunter's tail. It was so nice to finally get all those answers! I was so disappointed with CoFA it was still good but it's my least favorite of all of Cassie's books. I hope CoLS redeems the series.

message 37: by Chae (last edited Feb 16, 2012 01:18PM) (new)

Chae Ford (shadytyrell) | 8 comments i think CoLS will be just the same. But CoHF I'm expecting to be be amazing since it's about a war between Heaven and Hell, Angel against Demon.

message 38: by Call.me.tictac (new)

Call.me.tictac | 14 comments City of Glass was my favourite...

message 39: by Abby (new)

Abby (abbykite) | 22 comments I think that City of Bones is my favorite, because it didn't have as much tension as the other books with Valentine and Sebastian. Jace was especially was more funny and lighthearted. Also, I liked meeting characters and discovering their personalities. If I had to pick another one, it would be City of Glass. It felt like it tied all the loose ends up. Sometimes it seems like City of the Fallen and City of Lost Souls are like a sequel series of City of Bones, because it seemed like everything was finished. All the stories were finished and all the enemies, seemingly beaten. Then the other books come out and the secondary villain becomes the new villain along with more new enemies. Also City of Bones had the best plot twist.