Chicks On Lit discussion

Non Book Talk > Shakespeare (Anonymous)

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Scott (michellescottfiction) | 208 comments I'm a fan of Shakespeare, especially Hamlet. Two of my kids are reading his plays in school this year, too. (And both are complaining most bitterly about doing it, lol.)

Anyway, I'm also a huge fan of movies about Shakespeare, especially "Shakespeare in Love" which is one my my all-time favorite movies. This weekend, I'm planning to take my daughter to see "Anonymous". Has anyone else seen it or planning on seeing it?

Cate (The Professional Fangirl) (chaostheory08) | 101 comments I'll definitely go see it. I like these kinds of movies. Plus, the cast is amazing.

message 3: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Scott (michellescottfiction) | 208 comments I saw the movie today, and while it wasn't as good as Shakespeare in Love, my daughter and I really enjoyed it. I jokingly said it was a 'Shakespeare conspiracy theory' movie since it was all about how William Shakespeare did not write those plays, lol. It was very improbable, but very interesting.

message 4: by Sandra (new)

Sandra (sandee) | 328 comments Oh, I have been wanting to see this. I think I will be going on Friday!

message 5: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Scott (michellescottfiction) | 208 comments The settings and the costumes are wonderful. It is a little confusing at the beginning, but then it became easier to understand. Vanessa Redgrave was amazing!