Q&A with J. Leigh Bralick discussion

If You Could...

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by J. (last edited Nov 03, 2011 07:42PM) (new)

J. Bralick (jleighbralick) | 38 comments Mod
Here's where I get to ask you fun or random questions about things and you get to answer them.

First question: If DaLR were to be made into a movie, what song would you put in the movie trailer?

Here is my vote: Summoning of the Muse -- Dead Can Dance.

Have I ever mentioned how much I love this song? And you know what I just realized? I never even noticed that the title of that album was "Within the Realm of a Dying Sun", which is totally cool for Arah Byen. ^_^

message 2: by Don (new)

Don Morris | 23 comments I think yours is an excellent choice, and I love the connection with the album title. If I were to make another choice, it would be music I composed (I used to be a music major back in the day at TLU). I often hear Danny Elfman music in my head when reading your story. *Hopes she knows who that is.*

message 3: by J. (new)

Hey, that's pretty fantastic! You don't happen to have a recording of it or anything do you?

Ah yes, I know Danny Elfman. He is awesome, one of my favorites! ^_^

message 4: by Don (new)

Don Morris | 23 comments Wow! I knew you had good taste in music. Good to know that includes Danny Elfman. I recorded stuff years ago as a present for my step-father, but it was done on tape and I need to record it onto CD or save it as a .wav file. It was a loooong time ago. However, I have some composing software I bought a few years ago, I just haven't had a chance to use it, yet. I haven't played much over the past couple of years, but my gut tells me that I can now do much more sophisticated stuff than I did then.

message 5: by J. (new)

Ah, man. Wonder if there's an easy way to get it converted? I always kind of toy with the idea of composing some music for book trailers/whatever, but then I get stuck. Kind of like how I get stuck when I imagine I can create a whole cgi book trailer all by me onesies.... Yeah, not so much! *sigh*

message 6: by Don (new)

Don Morris | 23 comments Oh, I think it's easy to convert, technically, but it's the moving my computer or moving the stereo that's questionable. O_o

message 7: by J. (new)

Yeah, that could be irritating. =k

So...question #2. If you could....what actor would you pick to play Yatol? Or pick some other character if you like...;-)

message 8: by Don (new)

Don Morris | 23 comments I think of that kid from The Last Airbender that played Ahn. He's a little older now, so he might be closer to his age.

message 9: by J. (new)

Hmm....I think he's still only like 14 though. :-/ I think I'd just have a hard time not imagining him with an arrow on his head!!! O.o

I'm having a really tough time thinking of someone for Yatol. Annoying! I kind of like Liam Hemsworth (Chris Hemsworth's little brother), or someone like this guy, Tyler Blackburn, if you could picture him with lighter hair....

message 10: by Don (new)

Don Morris | 23 comments Hmm, he does have the face, the hair is too much like mine to fit my image of Yatol.

message 11: by Don (new)

Don Morris | 23 comments Of course, hair can be changed. Did you base your drawing on him?

message 12: by J. (new)

Yeah, it would definitely have to be changed. Much lighter, and shorter...still shaggy, but not too long.

I didn't actually base my drawing on him....I'd actually never even heard of him until I asked this question and it got me thinking, "Who would I want to see as Yatol?" So I started hunting around for actors in that general age range and he came up. And yeah, I thought he really did have the face too.

message 13: by J. (new)

Here's another question for you guys.

If you could design the cover for Subverter, what would you want on it? And please. Don't say a beautiful girl in a fancy ball gown, facing away from the viewer with her hair blowing wildly, or facing the viewer with an angsty look on her face. :-P That was pretty fantastic the first fifty books or so, but now I'm kind of sick of it! ;)

Seriously though. Something similar in theme to DaLR? Something featuring a character or two?

Let me know -- because I'm seriously listening. I need to start thinking about this and I'm having no end of frustrations with it! O.o