Breaking Dawn (The Twilight Saga, #4) Breaking Dawn discussion


92 views
jacob vs edward

Comments Showing 1-50 of 56 (56 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Amber (new)

Amber who do you think was more scared about bella being pregnant?


Erin O'Riordan Good question! It must have been Jacob. Edward must have known what a vampire/human hybrid was capable of, but Jacob could only imagine it, and things are always more scary when you don't know than when you do.


message 3: by Amber (new)

Amber i agree. to an extent because sometimes knowing is much worse. for example edward knowing that it was going to eat its way out of her...his love and worry for her must have been really high up....if that makes sense?


M2 Emily that is exactly what i was thinking as soon as i read that question...i bet jacob was scared to death but edward was probably scared more because he loves her a lot and did know wat would happen...


Jessica *Wise Owl* i would say edward because even though he knew about the hybrid, every situation were they found out about these sort of theings happening the mother always died. so i would think that he would be worried that she wouldnt make it, and that he would have to walk around for the next million years by himself alone again without the person that he loved.......


M2 Emily totally true


Whitney I never really liked the series. It's a boring, sappy, pathetic love story... borderline obsession. However I always did like Edward more because Jacob was a whiny complainer. Bella didn't like him, he should have just gotten over her. But of course not, because Stephenie Meyer seems to like writing about characters that are obsessed with one another.


Lauren <3 Jacob!!!! He has to be the best character in the whole series!!!


message 9: by Amber (new)

Amber jessica wrote "i would say edward because even though he knew about the hybrid, every situation were they found out about these sort of theings happening the mother always died. so i would think that he would be worried that she wouldnt make it, and that he would have to walk around for the next million years by himself alone again without the person that he loved......."


edward also had a way of seeing the worst outcome when it came to bella or his family..


message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Amber wrote: "jessica wrote "i would say edward because even though he knew about the hybrid, every situation were they found out about these sort of theings happening the mother always died. so i would think th..."

Yeah, thats agreeable, i mean i would be like "We are all going to die!" because i can be dramatic like that but, if you get what i mean, when its family or people you love you think of the worst outcomes, Thats unless your in denial!


Jessica *Wise Owl* yea thats true, also edward had a hint of the what the outcome would be and most likly the whole time he was thinking that she was going to die, so those last few days before she had her baby it would have been the worse for them because he probably had a feeling that she was going to die and that he had no way of saving her, so he was helpless for alot of it.......


message 12: by Amber (new)

Amber that and the fact that he had to turn bella into a "monster" like him. he more than likely seen that either way bella was going to be dead. he didnt want her a vamp but he also deffinatly didnt want her to die.


message 13: by Alex (new) - rated it 5 stars

Alex ahlert i would say both one because it doesnt make sense and vampire and human not possible but edward was werided out the hole time just it was hidden the same time jacob was blown away but expected it in the end


Kirby it would have to be edward b/c it was his fault- if she'd died, he would have seen it as the same as if he'd just physically strangled her to death...


Jessica *Wise Owl* yea, and if she did die he would probably try to kill himself like earlier or raise the child and be in a deppresion for the rest of his life..... (which could be worse than killing himself b/c the child would have to be raised in such a sad envirnoment)


message 16: by Tom (new)

Tom Wang Her father. Jacob and Edward are not the only people on the planet with souls.


Jessica *Wise Owl* yea but her father didnt know what was going on so he didnt know that he should be sad, he was oblivious up to that point what was going on with her.....


message 18: by Amber (new)

Amber it was edward. i agree with kirby jessica and alex.
tom: he does have a soul but when you dont know whats going on with someone you cant be sad or upset or depressed about it. charlie was clueless until jake changed in front of him.


Lauraleigh I'd say Jacob, yes sure Edward was worried about her aswel i mean she is his wife but Jacob was her best friend and even though it broke his heart to see her how she was he still came back for her, knowing his time with her was running out he still tried to be there for her, Edward had done nothing but put her in danger over and over and jacob has always been there waiting for her to realise she belongs with him, even though it never happened he still wanted to be there for her even though he thought she was dying. He was a true friend and didn't run away like anyone else would have, I'd say he was more worried and the way he kept coming back to her proves how much he cared and worried for her.


Jessica *Wise Owl* thats true but if he truly loved her then he wouldnt have left in the first place. he left like 3 or more times. after a while if you keep leaving then the person who youre leaving wont want to you come back. (if that makes sense)


M2 Emily right...i so totally agree i was sooo mad wen he left her...like u dont just do that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Prabhjit omg.. its so complicated.. of course edward but jake was so scared too cus even though she chose edward jake was still in love with her


Jessica *Wise Owl* yea..... but still didnt he say he would rather have her dead than to have her a "monster" maybe he was just getting his wish


Lauraleigh Jessica wrote: "yea..... but still didnt he say he would rather have her dead than to have her a "monster" maybe he was just getting his wish"

but you can kind of see where jacob is coming from, its like in his nature to hate the vampires and the girl hes madly and deeply in love with, who hes willing to die for wants to become one it kind of makes sense because in his mind once she is bitten then the treaty is over and they would have to kill them all including bella, he'd rather her die any other way than being ripped apart and burned,


message 25: by Amber (new)

Amber Jessica wrote: "thats true but if he truly loved her then he wouldnt have left in the first place. he left like 3 or more times. after a while if you keep leaving then the person who youre leaving wont want to you..."

thats so true. not to mention if you love someone or think you do you arnt selfish you stay with them no matter what!


Jessica *Wise Owl* i agree with amber, and lauraleigh if you truly love someone you would be willing to fight for them and keep them safe. yes the treaty is important but i would think love would trump the treaty, it needed to be changed anyways......


message 27: by Erin (new) - rated it 5 stars

Erin Edward <3 <3


Rachel I think that Edward was more scared because he was the one who caused it. I think that Jacob was more angry than scared.


Chanellereynolds JACOB!!! mmm hes yummy :P


Kristen According to the book, Vampires have heightened emotions that a human body could not handel.


Kirby Rachel wrote: "I think that Edward was more scared because he was the one who caused it. I think that Jacob was more angry than scared."

I agree.


Jessica *Wise Owl* yea thats true, but personal opinion i think edward loves bella more than jacob. bella wasnt jacobs imprint so it kinda wasnt a true love for him............


message 33: by Amber (new)

Amber Jessica wrote: "yea thats true, but personal opinion i think edward loves bella more than jacob. bella wasnt jacobs imprint so it kinda wasnt a true love for him............"

thank you!! i agree 1000 %. edward was the one that was scared.


Melissa I think they both were. Jacob didn't know that a hybrid was a possibility, whereas Edward did. I think Edward was more scared of Bella dying than her being pregnant.


Bridget Bowers Yes both were scared, but I do think Edward was probably the most frightened. Jacob was angry and had been facing the prospect of losing Bella for a long time by that point.

Edward, on the other hand, was looking forward to a lifetime with Bella. To suddenly have that lifetime (whether her normal human life span as he wished, or the forever together as vampires that Bella wished) be jeopardized had to be a terrifying thing for him.


message 36: by Elizabeth (last edited Nov 15, 2011 10:02AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Elizabeth Amber wrote: "who do you think was more scared about bella being pregnant?"

Both of them were scared but as Erin said it had to have been Jacob because he promised he would always fight for bella and with her being pregnant and not wanting to give up Nessie Jake knew (thought) she would die. BUT Edward was scared too because he would loose his "life" the only part of bella he would have left would be Renesmee and even that probably wouldn't keep him sain b/c bella was like his world, the only thing keeping him tied to earth was bella...!!!


Jessica *Wise Owl* to the question on who was more scared because bella was pregnant (idk how to italized the words) it would have to be edward. i say that because it was that he knew what would most likly happen to bella (that she would die because thats what has happend to all of the other people who were in situations like her) so with him knowing that she would most likely die made him the most scared. for he didnt think that bella would make it out alive. While jacob on the other hand just knew she was pregnant, he didnt know any of the gory details behind the preganacy itself. thats why edaward was the most scared out of the two.


message 38: by Amber (new)

Amber Chanellereynolds wrote: "JACOB!!! mmm hes yummy :P"

haha no i disagree yes his body is yummy but his cocky attitude is not what made him so sure of himself in eclipse when he said i know how i make you feel and that your in love with me too? because truth be told she just didnt want to lose him who wants to lose their first friend????????


message 39: by Amber (new)

Amber Jessica wrote: "to the question on who was more scared because bella was pregnant (idk how to italized the words) it would have to be edward. i say that because it was that he knew what would most likly happen to ..."

that is a very logical way of putting it. and i agree 100x


Jessica *Wise Owl* thanks but i dont think that jacob was her first friend. i do honestly think that bella did love jacob but when it was compared to edward it didnt matter. and i also think that his lackk of confidence in himself is what may have come off as cocky but i dont think that in the beging when he was saying that, that he was truly cocky....... but thats just my opinion.......... i could be wrong.....


M2 Emily Jessica wrote: "thanks but i dont think that jacob was her first friend. i do honestly think that bella did love jacob but when it was compared to edward it didnt matter. and i also think that his lackk of confide..."

I agree with you like 99.99%


Jessica *Wise Owl* i'll take it


M2 Emily well only because well...idk y


M2 Emily uh ya o well


2rachel1662 i think that jacob would be more scared bc he is the one that cares the most about bella even if she dosent love him back. he also is wayyyyyyyyy more pretective than edward about bella so he wouldnt want and thing to harm or cause pain to her


message 47: by M2 Emily (last edited Nov 27, 2011 02:23PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

M2 Emily well... even though i am team jacob i think that edward is also very protective of her...like he really cares about her.


Melissa If Edward would have cared so much about her, then why did he live during New mMon? He says that it was because he was protecting her but he put her in alot of pain and hurt. Jacob came to the rescue, not Edward.
-Jacob cares more.


M2 Emily ya i know i totally agree i was just saying that he cares too.


Jessica *Wise Owl* edward cares more because when jasper attack bella that was when edward had the thinking that this could happen again and he wont be there to protect her, he wouldnt get to her in time to help her. thats why he left. besides edward cares more because everything he does is from thinking of how to keep bella safe even if we dont always understand fully of what why hes doing certain thiings. jacob just wants bella, yes he does love her but he doesnt love her as much as edward. besides what would have happend if bella hed went with jacob and then later on he imprinted on someone else and left her for someone else? what would happen to the love then? and a last thing JACOB DID LEAVE! edward wasn't the only person who left bella. and edward was there for her when jacob left. (plus jacob left more than bella)


« previous 1
back to top