Ask Lisa See! discussion

Sequel

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn (carolynmontoya) | 2 comments Hi Lisa
I have been fascinated with the Chinese culture after reading so many Pearl Buck books. I am thrilled that you are writing about this culture too. I visited Shanghai before reading Shanghai Girls and appreciated all the research you do to make the history and culture come alive. Will there be a sequel to Dreams of Joy?

Sharon/ LFrog1386 (lfrog1386) | 32 comments Carolyn, I can answer this one for Lisa. She has said before that Dreams of Joy was her final book about the sisters and "their" daughter. I felt that she wrapped up their stories pretty neatly but clearly not perfectly, since life doesn't work that way. Still, everyone was content with how things worked out in the end, and were happy with their lot in life.

message 3: by Lisa (new)

Lisa See | 81 comments Mod
Carolyn wrote: "Hi Lisa
I have been fascinated with the Chinese culture after reading so many Pearl Buck books. I am thrilled that you are writing about this culture too. I visited Shanghai before reading Shangha..."

I'm not writing a sequel to Dreams of Joy, although a lot of people have asked me to. I'm writing a whole new novel, and I'm having a lot of fun with it.

message 4: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn (carolynmontoya) | 2 comments Can't wait for your new novel to come out.

message 5: by Lisa (new)

Lisa See | 81 comments Mod
Carolyn wrote: "Can't wait for your new novel to come out."

I'm having so much fun with it, which I just said. But I really am!