Charlaine Harris Book/Show Group discussion

True Blood > Episode 10 I don't want to know

Comments Showing 1-50 of 57 (57 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Sam tells Sookie a secret when he's caught in a difficult position; Jason and Amy plot their next move with Eddie; Arlene and Rene have their engagement party at Merlotte's; and Bill goes on trial for his recent offense.

message 2: by Ranata (new)

Ranata Clark (thatchicknata) This must be where he changes and she wakes up with him naked in her bed. LOL

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

haha I don't like sam but i do think that the part you are talking about is funny lol

message 4: by Kelley Anne (new)

Kelley Anne | 68 comments Yeah, that's gotta be what happens. But what about the part of Bill goes on trial? The info about episode 9 refers to something about him going against the rules. I have a feeling that he is going to be the one to kill Longshadow. If so, I'll probably be a bit disappointed. In the book, I always liked the fact that Eric killed him. It just seemed to show a good side to him for protecting a human girl that he barely knew. Also, I thought that it already started to hint at his attraction to Sookie.

Also, I was flipping through book one last night because it’s been quite a while since I’ve read it. All along I had been thinking that the only murders with Maudette, Dawn, and Gran. But there was another one. A girl named Amy! They didn’t talk about her much other than they were thinking about hiring her to replace Dawn at Merlots and that Jason had started dating her and had seen her the night that she was killed! Hmmm….so I have a feeling that this is going to end up being the same wild, crazy Amy from the show!

Jael ~ *~ Syhren ~* ~ (wwwgoodreadscomprofilejael) | 182 comments lol loved Tara in the crazy red prom dress. It was too funny. Also loved the glimpse of the maenid(Sp?). I can't believe we only have two epi's left. I cn't wait to see Amy die for killing Eddie like that. Poor Eddie.

message 6: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Rose (amandarose) loved last night's episode!!! amy is one CRAZY CHICK!!!! i felt soo bad for Jason. He just wants a friend lol.

message 7: by Angie (new)

Angie So why does Tara think she is possessed? The maenid came out of nowhere! Very cool! I also felt bad for Eddie, I thought for sure though if he was let lose he probably would've killed Amy.

message 8: by Krista (new)

Krista (findyourshimmy) Dumb question - what is "maenid?" Whas that the thing Tara nearly ran into before she smashed up the tree? Is it something that makes appearances in the other books? I don't remember it from book one.

message 9: by Lori (new)

Lori  (moderatrixlori) Yes, the maenid is from the 4th book. That must have been a little treat or easter egg for those of us that have read all the books.

I liked this episode and thought the tribunal was interesting. I think we'll see a big change in Tara now and this is where she goes over to the "dark" side. I felt so bad for Sam. His adoptive parents were so freaked out they abandoned him? That is just so wrong. Amy needs to die already. I can't believe she kills Eddie in the next episode. That's going to be a good one.

message 10: by Krista (new)

Krista (findyourshimmy) Sorry if this shows up as a double...

Thanks, Lisa! What exactly is a maenid?

********SPOILERS (for people who haven't watched last night's episode yet)********

Didn't Eddie die in last night's episode? I thought crazy Amy stabbed him and his blood gunk splattered all over Jason. Yuck!

Tribunal was wack. Making Bill turn someone...that poor girl. And then, not even allowing him to use glamor so she wouldn't be so freaked. Urg!

message 11: by Angie (new)

Angie Do you want to know what a maenid is before reading the book? I am not sure how far the show will take it this season, they might not even tell us about her yet. That will be a book spoiler.

And yes Eddie died in this episode already, not in next week's.

message 12: by Lori (new)

Lori  (moderatrixlori) I was thinking I saw that on the preview of next week's show. Guess it was at the very end of last night's episode. I was very tired...what can I say :)

message 13: by Krista (new)

Krista (findyourshimmy) Angie/Lori - I'm okay with a spoiler (for me) of what a maenid is. Feel free to send me a private message if you don't want to post on the board. Many thanks!

message 14: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Rose (amandarose) ok well here's a question when tara stabbed the younger her why was the knife bloody??? i kinda turned away cause that girl was freaking me out!! i hate when things have crazy eyes like that.

message 15: by Ranata (new)

Ranata Clark (thatchicknata) Man, I missed the Maenad?! Gotta run home and watch it on DVR!

Tara thinks she is possessed, Angie because the voodoo lady told her she was and basically told Tara tha's why she had no friends and why she couldn't keep a man. I mean, it worked on Lettie Mae so it could for her but I just hope if it does, she's not a wimp like in the books.

message 16: by Ranata (last edited Nov 10, 2008 12:44PM) (new)

Ranata Clark (thatchicknata) Actually, the Maenad is from Book 2. I remember because that's when Sookie went to Dallas to try to find the missing vamps for this other Sheriff that looked like Bill Gates At the same time, people were talking about the secret orgy parties and that's when Eric put on the hot pink leggings. LOL

message 17: by Angie (new)

Angie Thanks Ranata!

Book Spoiler about maenad:

Ok so I had to look in the book to remember what exactly it is:
A maenad is like a Komodo dragon, any wounds you get from one will kill you. Maenad's consider that the violence sparked by the consumption of alcohol belongs to them, that's what they feed off of. And they are attracted to pride. And if a maenad is mad, they can send that madness into a vampire who will go crazy. I hope that explains what they are it is kinda complicated I am curious to see how the TV series will explain it.

message 18: by Ana (new)

Ana Aguirre (annylenx) | 8 comments I thought Tara's look was priceless. I was laughing but at the same time I felt super bad for her. Also it makes sense that the maenad comes out especially since Tara is completely wasted and since they like to feed off of the violence from alcohol...well. Also it sucks that the hoodo lady was a hoax. The only thing that I am questioning is if Tara's hallucination was from the effect of the medicine the hoodo lady gave her, why was the knife she used to stab her child self bloody when she was done with the exorcism. Next episode is going to be very interesting.

message 19: by Ana (new)

Ana Aguirre (annylenx) | 8 comments Oh I agree with Lori, Amy needs to die like now. I think she is so psychotic.

message 20: by Jess (new)

Jess | 116 comments It's so funny, I watch the show with people who haven't read the books and they keep asking me what's going to happen. They think that Amy is the killer and keep asking me to reveal what happens.

I just want to tell them that she dies, I can't wait for that show.

message 21: by Erika (new)

Erika | 1 comments Ok someone tell me was that a pig I heard with the maenad? I have only read the 1st book, but someone told me the maenads feed on live anilmals?

Jael ~ *~ Syhren ~* ~ (wwwgoodreadscomprofilejael) | 182 comments I think it was a wild boar or wilderbeast?. I remeber in the book it was a pig like creature she was with. Also Jess- I agree my mom calls me every Monday with her suspicions on who she thinks the killer is.LOL at one point she thought it was Sookie. She's never guessed who the killer is yet and I tried to hint to her after this episode since you sort of got a little feel for the killer.

message 23: by Ana (new)

Ana Aguirre (annylenx) | 8 comments Jael, isn't it a razorback. I am asuming that is a type of boar. At least in the book its a razorback. In the series though it does look like a pig.

message 24: by Ana (new)

Ana Aguirre (annylenx) | 8 comments also the maenid is from book 2 not from book 4.

message 25: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 24 comments Kudos to Lori....check out her my space page (address on her profile site). Lori, that is so cool....you've got the TruBlood theme song! I'm seriously going to have to work on a site now. Great job!

message 26: by Judi (new)

Judi (sidhevicious) | 2 comments Jael, is there really only 2 episodes left in the season? That sucks in a major way! What ever happened to the good old days when a show's season lasted from September all the way through till the summer?

I do believe that the boar with the Maenid is a razorback.

message 27: by Angie (new)

Angie No shows seem to last longer than 13 episodes anymore. Then they take this long break. Just think 24 is about to start back up and it hasn't been on the air for about 2 years!!!!! Might as well be a reunion show.

Jael ~ *~ Syhren ~* ~ (wwwgoodreadscomprofilejael) | 182 comments Judi and Ana- you're right it was a razorback. I knew it was a pig like animal. Yes only two shows left and then the long Hiatus. HBO seems to have the longer hiatus than most stations. Trueblood probably won't be back until like May or September. Hopefully it's May when the next book in the series comes out. I also thought the maenid was from book two as well since that's the book where I remember Eric wearing the pink lycra pants and going to the orgy party.

message 29: by Chloe (new)

Chloe (countessofblooms) I will go insane if HBO delays production of the second season as long as they did between some seasons of the Sopranos or Big Love. By the time the show is back on the air I have completely stopped caring about what was happening. I would hate for that to happen to True Blood. HBO could learn a lesson from Showtime- you don't see 3 year long hiatuses on their shows.

message 30: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 193 comments I thought bringing the Maenid into this episode was a nice hint for those who have read the books.

And I REALLY hope the wait isn't excessive between seasons. I can barely handle waiting a week for a new episode!

message 31: by Lori (new)

Lori  (moderatrixlori) Ya'll are right. It was book 2. I read them all back to back so they have become a blur at this point. I knew she was in the book with the orgy scene but I thought that was in a later book.

When Tara stabbed the little girl she was hallucinating on Peyote. So she imagined blood on the knife but it wasn't really there.

Lisa - thanks for the kudos on my Myspace page. It's still a work in progress but I love the picture of Eric. He is just so yummy!

message 32: by Ranata (new)

Ranata Clark (thatchicknata) the Maenad is from like Greek Mythology. And yeah, she's attracted to drinking and violence and sex.

the Maenad in this episode comes off as super creepy. I didnt imagine her so scary. LOL

message 33: by Ranata (new)

Ranata Clark (thatchicknata) I missed the first part of this but I'll go watch it later.

So the voodoo lady was a fake?? what about Lettie Mae's "demon"? Was that fake too?

message 34: by Ranata (new)

Ranata Clark (thatchicknata) Oh my Obama (instead of God) @ Amy. And did Bill enjoy sucking that girl dry or was it just me?

Tara looked great except for the drunkness. LOL.

And OMObama at Sookie and Sam in the next episode! Anna's portrayal of Sookie is not cool at all to me. She comes off as very unlikable and Sookie is anything but.

message 35: by Chloe (new)

Chloe (countessofblooms) Ranata, I think the entire "demon" scenario was a fake- both Lettie Mae and Tara's "demons." It's only because Lettie Mae really has faith in her exorcism that it "worked" for her.

message 36: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 193 comments He's a vampire. He didn't WANT to do it. But in the end, he IS a bloodsucker and as Sam said in one episode 'Would you give up all your favorite foods and live off of slimfast?" Its in his nature to enjoy taking blood.

message 37: by Judi (new)

Judi (sidhevicious) | 2 comments I completely agree Jessica. I could see that Bill really didn't want to do it, but that's not to say that drinking human blood isn't way better than the synthetic stuff. It's like comparing Ferraro Rochet chocolates to a diet "chocolate" bar, lol. Bleh...

I am so dissapointed in the whole 12 episodes being a season. That's just sad. That being said, thank "Obama" that there is going to be a second season! I'm also majorly sick of soooo many great shows being cancelled after one or two seasons.

message 38: by Angie (last edited Nov 13, 2008 09:17AM) (new)

Angie Personally I am liking Anne as Sookie. I don't think she is doing a bad job.

Pulling of the vampire teeth was crazy, I couldn't even look at my screen!

Jael ~ *~ Syhren ~* ~ (wwwgoodreadscomprofilejael) | 182 comments Ranata- I thought it was just me who thought that Anna was making Sookie a tad bit unlikeable. She's making her come off ass bitchy and a little self-righteous. I never disliked Sookie in the books but TV Sookie is another thing maybe it isn't Anna but Alan who's doing that.

message 40: by Larissa (new)

Larissa Ranata,

Oh my Obama??? Really?? Come on....

message 41: by Theresa (new)

Theresa  (tsorrels) Ranata and Jael, I too don't like Anna's portrayal of Sookie. Although that might be the director's fault more than Anna Paquin's.

TV Sookie comes across very bitchy and self-righteous (stealing your words, Jael, because they describe her perfectly). I even told my husband while watching this episode that Book Sookie isn't so self-involved and that she is a lot kinder in the book. I understand why she'd be upset and distracted at the engagement party, but seriously, KNOCK IT OFF! Stop being so selfish and raining on everyone's parade - particurly her friend's special night!

That teeth-pulling scene was gross! We were flinching while watching it.

Amy SO needs to die. What a freaking psycho. Greg said fairly early on in to the episode, "she's so going to kill that guy!"

*SPOILER FOR PEOPLE WHO HAVEN'T READ THE BOOK*

Can I just say I don't care for the foreshadowing with Lafayette? I want him to stick around and not join "Jason's trail of bodies" (or whatever it was he said in the scene where he confronted Jason at the party).

Jael ~ *~ Syhren ~* ~ (wwwgoodreadscomprofilejael) | 182 comments Spoiler

IA Theresa I so don't want Lafeyette to die. he's a great charcter for the show. This would be one time I would not be mad if a show/movie didn't stick to the book.

message 43: by Ranata (new)

Ranata Clark (thatchicknata) LOL. Well, people get mad when you use the lord's name so i put a spin on it. I don't think that phrase will catch but if you hear it, I started it!

message 44: by Ranata (new)

Ranata Clark (thatchicknata) Logan, I think faith is what's making her not go back to drinking. She's been that way for years but now she's supposedly so much better and that's only because Tara didn't tell her. I'd have told her tonight personally but I guess that would have been kind of cold blooded.

message 45: by Ranata (new)

Ranata Clark (thatchicknata) Judi, you are awesome. Thanks for not making me feel dumb (well not really) like said other poster. =) You got the joke. You rock.

message 46: by Ranata (new)

Ranata Clark (thatchicknata) I think it's Anna and Alan. She's an experienced actress and I'm sure they get direction but it's still up to them to capture the character. She's sucking her up. She's not cute enough, busty enough, or blonde enough and now she's a bitch. I kinda wish SHE would get killed. Gran was more interesting to watch.

message 47: by Ranata (new)

Ranata Clark (thatchicknata) And Lafayette is so out of here next week. Bummer. He's an awesome character. With that being said, I still don't see Tara dating vampires considering Lafayette's involvment with them and his eventual death behind them.

message 48: by Jael ~ *~ Syhren ~* ~ (last edited Nov 17, 2008 06:45AM) (new)

Jael ~ *~ Syhren ~* ~ (wwwgoodreadscomprofilejael) | 182 comments Ranta- IA I would have told Lettie Mae that her so called " exocism" was phony just to bust her effin self-righteous bubble. i mean how dare she turn her back on her daughter like that. I almost shed tears for Tara b/c I could relate to her story some what.LOL my mom called me right after that show and was crying. She's 15 years sober but I had a similar child hood to Tara and if the tables had turned like that my mother wouldn't have left me high and dry.

Also Ranata- i loved the OMObama thing. I've been using it at work the other nurses love it. You better copyright it fast. :)

I still think it's Alan making Sookie bitchy b/c most of the woman on the show are bitchy. men still think that for a woman to be strong and assertive , they have to be bitchy. men will never learn.

Yeah lafeyette is gone next week. I think that was him being attacked near the garbge bin. I think that mayor, governor? might set him up.

message 49: by Ranata (new)

Ranata Clark (thatchicknata) Also Ranata- i loved the OMObama thing. I've been using it at work the other nurses love it. You better copyright it fast. :)

Jael..thank you so much. I wonder how you copyright a phrase and how much of it I'd have to split with Obama? LOL

I think it's Anna and it's Alan but you could be right. Tara is awfully bitchy. At least hers is being explained away as a "demon", which is absurd. I think she's depressed because of her life and how it turned out cuz of her mother. Her mother is a user. It's a shame but WTF does the Maenad want with Tara?!

message 50: by Theresa (new)

Theresa  (tsorrels) Didn't the Maenead and Tara interact in the second book?

« previous 1