We Love Lisa Kleypas discussion

The Folder of Higher Education > Make A ✔ Or Other Symbol

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lisa Kay (last edited Nov 03, 2011 04:40AM) (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 4782 comments Some people like to use checkmarks instead of striking out text. Here are a couple: ✔ ✓

Just put your cursor/mouse up to the left (or right) of the star posted above to copy it. Click the left mouse key and hold down while moving the mouse until the star is highlighted. Then right mouse click to copy.
Or, if you type (most) everything in WinWord first (before posting to GoodReads) like I do, you can use the MS Gothic or Malgun Gothic fonts. To see what is available, use the "insert symbol" command. If you don't have it, here are some popular ones for you to copy.

Some more symbols for copying.

★ ☀ ☂ ☆ ☹ ☺ ♥ ♡ ♩ ♪ ♫ ♬ ✔ ♔ ♕ ♖ ♗ ♘ ♙ ♚ ♠ ♪ ♬ ♩ ◈ ☎ ☆ ♀ ♂ ☆ ☜ ☝ ☞ ☟ ☠ ☮ ☯ ☻ ☃ ☁ ✿ ❀ ❂ ❄ ¿ ✗ ✘ ✤ ✣ ✡ ✞ ✌ ➜ ʘ ※ ⁑ ∞ ≠ + ÷ ® © º ☤ ✆
☑  √ ✉ 

Always do a preview to see what will show and what won't.

★✩★✩★✩★✩★✩★✩★✩★✩★✩★✩★✩★✩★✩★✩★✩★✩★✩★✩★✩★✩

How to enter some of the symbols with the alt key combo.

Here is a link to the such as alt+3 for ♥ and alt+1 for ☺

Be sure to use your numeric pad (as the numbers on the top row of your keyboard won’t work) and turn your num lock on and your caps lock off!

alt key combo chart .

Notice, the symbol won't appear until after your release the alt key, as the number sequence can get into the thousands.

★ solid star = Alt + 9733

✩ star outline = Alt + 9734

Hope it helps.

message 2: by Lara (new)

Lara (larissa_j) If you're running Windows, you can also type charmap in the search box or at the run command and it will bring up a box and then you can select windings or webdings (or whatever). Select the character & click the copy button. The item will be in your clipboard.

If you look, it will also give you the hex character code.

message 3: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8001 comments Thanks for posting all of this, Lisa Kay!!! Nice!!!

message 4: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8001 comments How do you do 1/2 stars, Lisa Kay?

message 5: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 4782 comments Dhes, you mean a symbol of a 1/2 star or make it look like this ½ ? Have you seen a half star somewhere on GoodReads?

message 6: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8001 comments I thought I've seen the actual image of a 1/2 star somewhere in reviews, but I can't find it now.

message 7: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 4782 comments LMK when you find it. ☺

message 8: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8001 comments I will, IF I do, thanks.

message 9: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 4782 comments WHEN! ☺

message 10: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8001 comments Well, I'd have to go hunting for 1/2 star reviews, so I'll just wait til one comes up again.

message 11: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 4782 comments That's not the way I meant that, Dhes. I meant when you find one, not if you do. I guess what I'm saying is I was trying to be positive not pushy. :)

message 12: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8001 comments No worries, I understood. I was just thinking out loud, actually.

message 13: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 4782 comments Phew! Good. :) You know, I was thinking I saw one once... about six months ago. Drat! Didn't know they were so rare, or I would have made note of it.

message 14: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8001 comments Between the two of us, we'll find one! Maybe it's nearly extinct and that's why they're hard to spot.

message 15: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 4782 comments Oh! Just like us. :)

message 16: by Zaanodes (new)

Zaanodes | 48 comments Awesome! Thanks!!

message 17: by Marilyn (new)

Marilyn (mbk1857) Extinct?! Ha-ha-ha! Nothing like telling it like it is!

message 18: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 4782 comments Dhes and I are nothing, if not honest. ☺

message 19: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 4782 comments html codes (remove asterisks in the second position)

&*#9733; = ★
&*#9734; = ☆

message 20: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 4782 comments Some additional hearts: ❥

message 21: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8001 comments

message 22: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8001 comments Nice

message 23: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8001 comments Is there an identical heart in the other direction?

message 24: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 4782 comments Don't know...