Mystery/Thriller Reading Friends discussion

Monthly "Reads" > Dawn's October Reads

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dawn (new)

Dawn | 1248 comments I would have thought I read more considering we had no electricity one full Saturday and no tv or internet for 3 days! Crazy October snow storms!

The Affair by Lee Child - Jack Reacher is still in the Army. A great prequel to the series. 10/10

The Lady of the Rivers by Philippa Gregory - Jacquetta, mother of Queen Elizabeth (Woodville) and favored companion of Queen Margaret (wife of Henry VI) 9/10

King of Lies by John Hart - "Work" Pickens is a suspect in his father's death. My first John Hart..another great author. 10/10

Shock Wave by John Sandford - Virgil is tracking down a bomber who has targeted PyeMart 10/10

message 2: by Marcy (new)

Marcy | 865 comments Looks like you had all winners! I just love months like that! I didn't know Philippa Gregory wrote about Queen Elizabeth's mother. I liked many of her earlier books, but was disappointed in the last, the name of which is floating aimlessly around in my mind right now. Off to try to find it....

message 3: by Marcy (new)

Marcy | 865 comments My mind is working now. I enjoyed The White Queen but didn't finish The Red Queen because I was bored by it. Her Boleyn books were quite good.

message 4: by LizH (new)

LizH (liz_h) | 955 comments Glad you enjoyed John Hart, he is one of my all-time favorites. He is my drop-everything-and-read-him author!!

message 5: by Dawn (new)

Dawn | 1248 comments Marcy, too funny because I preferred The Red Queen over The White Queen. But you might enjoy this, since both those Queens are in it....however, I don't think it was as good as The Other Boleyn...but then again, Anne sure provided more drama than any other Queen.

message 6: by Dawn (new)

Dawn | 1248 comments Liz, great to know...I'll be working my way through his books for sure now!

message 7: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14213 comments Dawn: Great month! Isn't it fun to really enjoy so many "10" books back to back!

message 8: by Dawn (new)

Dawn | 1248 comments It is...thanks to this group I seldom read a book I don't love!