Five Pillars and More discussion

Introductions

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sally (new)

Sally | 13 comments Mod
I guess introductions are in order. I'm Sally, currently residing in ID, two kiddos (almost 5 & almost 7), married 10 1/2 yrs, & SAHM (stay-at-home mom0. I love to read & wouldn't mind getting locked in a library. I have been a avid reader since I was a kid & have read quite a variety of books from R.L Stine in my youth to Dave Ramsey to Richard Paul Evans & tons more. I have a huge soft spot for children's books so I need to start including them on my list here.

A little more about me - I have an angel baby in Heaven, I am addicted to junk food & salt (bad, I know), love the color purple, & am the oldest of 5 girls.

message 2: by Christa (new)

Christa | 4 comments I am a mother to 5 ( 10, 7, 5, 3 and 8 months). I am also a SAHM, and this is my 2nd year o f homeschooling. I read church books when I can, and actually LOVE the book 7 Habits of a Successfull Family. I love the autobiographies of the beginning saints, and really anything that strengthens my relationship with my Heavenly Father. I don't usually have time to read, but mostly because once I get into a book I have a hard time putting it down.

Chocolate and I have a relationship and meet quite often. It is a necessary part of my diet. hehehehehe.

message 3: by Sally (new)

Sally | 13 comments Mod
Christa, you are a woman aftermy own heart when it comes to chocolate !!

message 4: by DeAyn (last edited Jan 03, 2012 12:25AM) (new)

DeAyn | 6 comments I just realized that I never gave an intro.

Well, here it goes...
I am a Homeschooling Mom to 7 (18, 12, 8, 6, 5, 3 & 18 mos.). We are currently involved in a local Commonwealth as well as a small Co-Op within our homeschool community.
My husband & I enjoy our monthly Colloquium where we read from some wonderful classics.
Some of our homeschooling methods in education include (but are not limited to): TJEd, Montessori, C.Mason & Glenn Doman.

We too have an angel baby in Heaven (9-14-2011). Also, I love: Art; Science; Woodworking; Gardening; Rock Climbing; Cooking; Organizing; Hiking; Useful Crafts; Thrifting, Repurposing, Upcycling & Restoring Furniture amongst many other things. :) Currently I am enjoying the interior decorating process of our new home.

I would love to learn more about Teaching your children to read using the Book of Mormon, Massage Therapy, Gardening, Raising Chickens, Crocheting (& many more of the Lost Arts) as well as Essential Oils & Holistic Health.

message 5: by DeAyn (new)

DeAyn | 6 comments Sally wrote: "Christa, you are a woman aftermy own heart when it comes to chocolate !!"

:)