Ask Lisa See! discussion

Snow Flower and the Secret Fan
This topic is about Snow Flower and the Secret Fan
What Was Your Favorite Part of The Movie?

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Crystal (last edited Nov 02, 2011 11:10AM) (new)

Crystal (moonbooties) | 2 comments Lisa See

Just interested in hearing what scene was memorable or touched you the most. Anyone?

I am looking forward to watching it with my Laotong friends!

message 2: by Merlee (new)

Merlee | 4 comments The "death scene" was the most moving part of the movie. It reminded me of when I was reading the book and could barely read the words for all the tears flowing.

message 3: by Merlee (new)

Merlee | 4 comments The other thing I liked about the movie was "Big Feet Production" and thinking about Wendi Murdock, one of the producers, when she defended her husband.

Sharon/ LFrog1386 (lfrog1386) | 32 comments I am eagerly awaiting my copy of the DVD as we speak...I should have it in a couple days!

message 5: by Lisa (new) - added it

Lisa See | 81 comments Mod
Crystal wrote: "Lisa See

Just interested in hearing what scene was memorable or touched you the most. Anyone?

I am looking forward to watching it with my Laotong friends!"

My favorite scene is based on the chapter called "The Letter of Vituperation." In the book, Lily totally takes down Snow Flower by reading this letter at a women's gathering. In the film, the director hired nu shu singers so you can hear what those songs sounded like, which is amazing and something I couldn't do in the book). Instead of Lily reading the letter, she sees Snow Flower, all these emotions play across her face, then she gets up and walks out without saying a word. the effect is the same: Snow Flower has been ostracized but it has been done in a purely visual and aural way.

message 6: by Lisa (new) - added it

Lisa See | 81 comments Mod
Merlee wrote: "The other thing I liked about the movie was "Big Feet Production" and thinking about Wendi Murdock, one of the producers, when she defended her husband."

Wendi is an amazing woman. I consider it a great honor to have met her, espcially at this difficult time in her life.