One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2) One Foot in the Grave discussion

What if there was a book about Bones during the years that they were apart??

Comments Showing 1-47 of 47 (47 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

HStevey310 What all did Bones go through during the years that him and Cat were apart?? What emotions did he experience wen she wasn't there wen he came back and wat did he feel wen saw her coming down the aisle or wen was the first time he actually saw her?? or the moment he met Denise late husband??? A whole book dedicated to Bones??? um yummy and i would buy it in a heart beat!!

Elayne An interesting idea..but I do like the two of them together. However I would be interested in knowing how he felt when she left him and some of the other suggestions you made! Maybe a short story or one of their scenes dedicated to Bones.

message 4: by Ivy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ivy G. I would totally read that !!!
Oh my god, the time he drank with this woman...
I would die (not literally). :o)
Ugh... Jeaniene F. needs to make it happen for us.

Angie ~aka Reading Machine~ I would be interested in seeing this book come to life. A whole book dedicated to Bones yum!

Johnna I would definately want it!

Cherie Phillips It would be a hard one to do but maybe a short story from Bones perspective because in that time not only was Bones looking for Cat but he was trying to track down her father as well. Plus it must have been a hard four years for Bones considering that he was only with Annette for a brief moment before he realised he couldn't do it, so it may be different to see a moody depressed Bones rather than the confident master vampire we always see we only got a brief show of it in "Destined for an Early Grave" when he booted Cat out.

C.C. I would do a happy dance then I would read the book! :P

Fangs for the Fantasy I'd probably be less thrilled - because we're given the impression that during that year he was fixated on getting Kat back, finding her, etc - so there's not a whole lot to expound on. "DAy 3. No Kat... looking." "Day 27, checked phone book again, still no Kat. Sad about this". "Day 89: Still no Kat. Rescued a kitten, called it Kat. Not the same." "Day 148 No Kat. Very sad. Googled her name repeatedly. Kitten is cute"

Carly I would love to read it. A whole book of bones what more could you ask for! :)

Cassie i would be in love wth that book.

Johnna Fangs for the Fantsasy, that last post was too funny! I spit my tea all over my keyboard!

Lauren (aplpeach) I think it would be interesting from that point of view but I would also like to know what she went through with Don and Tate during those years also. If we make enough requests maybe janiene will write something for us!

Johnna Sadly I think if she was going to write something like that, we would have already heard about it. Maybe not.

Lauren (aplpeach) Johnna wrote: "Sadly I think if she was going to write something like that, we would have already heard about it. Maybe not."
True, but its nice to think maybe it will be a novella after the 9th book or just imagine what it would be like.

Johnna you're right Lauren, i'm such a pessimist!

Lauren (aplpeach) Johnna wrote: "you're right Lauren, i'm such a pessimist!"
She has written characters who love eachother but still have their issues, which you don;t get a lot these days. Usually its they fall in love and everything is perfect. I love her different approach and would love to see that also on paper so to speak when they were separated or at least maybe just get a little of her insight on what they each went through

Johnna You are so right about their love. And you are right, I bet the stories wld be very interesting. I too enjoy their more realistic kind of HEA.

Lauren (aplpeach) Johnna wrote: "You are so right about their love. And you are right, I bet the stories wld be very interesting. I too enjoy their more realistic kind of HEA."

What does HEA mean?

Johnna Happily Ever After

Lauren (aplpeach) Johnna wrote: "Happily Ever After"
Thanks...I should have known

Johnna I have to stop and think sometimes. We use a lot of shorthand and nicknames and abbreviations and whatever it is called when you take the first letters of words and put them together to make another word or title. Like HEA or FBI. What is that called? I cant remember!

Lauren (aplpeach) Johnna wrote: "I have to stop and think sometimes. We use a lot of shorthand and nicknames and abbreviations and whatever it is called when you take the first letters of words and put them together to make anothe..."

An acronymn(SP?) What other books have you read that are similar to this series? I am looking for something new to read while waiting for vlads book and book 7.

message 24: by C.C. (last edited Nov 23, 2011 09:22PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

C.C. Lauren wrote: "What does HEA mean?"

Happily ever after?

Johnna I don't know anything thats quite like this series, but I can recommend some ones I like. Some of my faves are the Anita Blake series by Laurell K Hamilton, Mercy Thompson books by Patricia Briggs, Dark Hunter series by Sherrilyn kenyon, Black Dagger Brotherhood, End of Days series, Lords of The Underworld. I can go on for a while. Have you read any of those? give me a better idea of what you have read so I can give you some more ideas, if you want. You can private message me too, if you wld rather.

Lauren (aplpeach) Johnna wrote: "I don't know anything thats quite like this series, but I can recommend some ones I like. Some of my faves are the Anita Blake series by Laurell K Hamilton, Mercy Thompson books by Patricia Briggs,..."
I don;t know how to private message! LOL I am relatively new to the site

Johnna Its easy. im fixing to accept your friend request, so go to my profile and it will have alittle box that says "send a massage". click that

Lauren (aplpeach) Johnna wrote: "Its easy. im fixing to accept your friend request, so go to my profile and it will have alittle box that says "send a massage". click that"

ok found it. just sent you a list

Emily Anne I would thoroughly enjoy a book about what happened when the two were apart those fours. I believe, however, that it would be a more interesting and fulfilling book if it switched between Bones and Cat in that book and how they dealt with being apart. I would love to read how Bones was feeling when he went back to the cave only to destroy it (it was implied that he did..?). Though I would also be interested in how Cat started out in her "job" and how she coped with her mother and everything. Sounds amazing, no?

Johnna That does sound good!

Angie ~aka Reading Machine~ Charlotte wrote: "I would thoroughly enjoy a book about what happened when the two were apart those fours. I believe, however, that it would be a more interesting and fulfilling book if it switched between Bones and..."

An interesting perspective to say the least.

Brittany Fangs for the Fantasy wrote: "I'd probably be less thrilled - because we're given the impression that during that year he was fixated on getting Kat back, finding her, etc - so there's not a whole lot to expound on. "DAy 3. No ..."

LMAO that's wicked funny.

message 33: by Ivy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ivy G. I would shed happy tears while reading it!!!

Ladyamelia When I saw this topic I yelled out "Ohhhh, that would be sooo good!"

Jaxxon I think that would be awesome and would build the Bones character...even though he is so likeable already!

Jaxxon Angie ~aka Reading Machine~ wrote: "Charlotte wrote: "I would thoroughly enjoy a book about what happened when the two were apart those fours. I believe, however, that it would be a more interesting and fulfilling book if it switched..."

That would be a good idea! Both suffering but trying to forget eachother while still wondering what the other is doing!

Vicki Berg i would read a book about bones that series was great i was hoping they wouldnt stop . im now reading once burned night prince its good so far hard to put down

Gunspurs There is a fan fiction story by Tradermare that is written in Bones' POV while searching for Cat. I'm not a huge fan of fanfic but I thought this one was really good. The author was able to channel Bones' voice adequately, IMO.

It's called GONE and has 7 chapters:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5727180/1...

Annie I would totally read it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Emily Anne Gunspurs wrote: "There is a fan fiction story by Tradermare that is written in Bones' POV while searching for Cat. I'm not a huge fan of fanfic but I thought this one was really good. The author was able to channel..."

It was amazing but I wish it went beyond the bathroom meeting...i wanted to read about bones at the reception with kitten's drinking

Hannah I would love that! Somebody please make that happen!

Missyb I think a (short) book about the early days of Bones & how his friendships witth Spade & Ian came about, & espeecially would love to read about how Mancheres came into the picture. The short story of Bones in New Orleans before he meets Cat was really good. It showed how he met the Voodoo Queen (I forget her name)

♥Linsey Pop♥ - mybooksnthings.com That's a great idea... I would definitely read it. I would love to read about his pain at losing her and his fight to get her back. this has to happen...

Claudia the Night Owl That would be amazing!

Cassie i would eat, sleep and breathe that book!!!!!!!!!

♥Linsey Pop♥ - mybooksnthings.com Cassie wrote: "i would eat, sleep and breathe that book!!!!!!!!!"

Same here!!

marie I would pay any price to have that. I think we need a petition for that. I always love the mens pov. I would be interesting knowing his thoughts during that seperation. I would also love to know what he thought when he thought she left him for gregor.