Chicks On Lit discussion

Just for Fun > CoL's sister-group, Chicks On Writ is not accepting new members at this time.

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bloomin’Chick (Jo) aka The Eclectic Spoonie (last edited Dec 30, 2012 09:00AM) (new)

Bloomin’Chick (Jo) aka The Eclectic Spoonie (bloominchick) Chicks on Writ is a private group for Chicks on Lit members to come and share their writings in a private, supportive and safe forum which Tera & I are the moderators of. Journaling, poetry, essays, fiction, non, memoir - with or without the intentions of being published - all writers and their writing is welcome!

We ask that you must first be an active member of CoL for a period of time before membership into CoW is granted. Comments are to be friendly, open minded & respectful. Positive feedback is always welcome on a piece. (Unless someone asks for no comments at all). No constructive feedback on a piece if the they have Not asked for it (so CoW can continue to be a place where we can be comfortable with sharing our writing). If you are a member who does not post any kind of writings at CoW (like the Weekly Kickers or have a thread in the Individual Writings or Constructive Feedback folders), we ask that you do not give constructive feedback or make comments on any writing regardless of where it's posted at CoW, even when it's asked for, as it's unfair to do so if you haven't posted any writing other members can comment on.

This helps to ensure the safe & supportive atmosphere of CoW, which is very important to Tera and myself.

We discuss more than just writing at CoW too so no worries that you won't have anything to chat about! (What we're reading, what other creative things we're doing & so on!)

We'd love to have you! If you'd like to see if CoW is right for you, please click on the following link and request to be a member: http://www.goodreads.com/group/show/9301... or message me here on Goodreads!

message 2: by Bloomin’Chick (Jo) aka The Eclectic Spoonie (last edited Dec 30, 2012 09:01AM) (new)

Bloomin’Chick (Jo) aka The Eclectic Spoonie (bloominchick) Just to let everyone know, CoW is a private writing group for CoL members, but it's now a 'secret' group which means doesn't appear publicly on your profiles (only in Your list of groups when you're signed in) so if you're interested in joining and the link above doesn't work for you, message me here on goodreads and I can send you an invite!

message 3: by Olga (new)

Olga Soaje | 8 comments Hi Jo and Tera I would love to join the group, I recently began writing and self published a novel, it's a very joyous hobbie for me, I hope to enter the group and talk more about it.
Thanks
Olga

Bloomin’Chick (Jo) aka The Eclectic Spoonie (bloominchick) Olga, please message me with your email address so I can send you an invite!

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Hello,

I am in the process of doing a final edit to a chick lit novel--I wanted to prove to myself that I could write a book, start to finish. It is a fairly lonely undertaking, however, and it would be a nice thing to be able to share, commiserate and receive and provide feedback from those who've been there. If I haven't been a member long enough I understand but no harm asking :)

Bloomin’Chick (Jo) aka The Eclectic Spoonie (bloominchick) In all honesty, we're not a very active group as of late and not a writing group in the traditional feedback/critique sense and I don't think we have any published authors in CoW. There are many writing groups on goodreads that would likely be more of what you're looking for though - go to the top of your goodreads page and click on "Groups" then enter "writing" into the Find Groups search box at the top of that page, click on Search and then scroll through the groups that come up! Best wishes and good luck with your book!

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Thank you for such helpful information.

Bloomin’Chick (Jo) aka The Eclectic Spoonie (bloominchick) Just wanted to let everyone know (because I forgot you can't see CoW without being invited to join), that CoW isn't accepting new members for the time being. Thanks for understanding!