Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7) Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows discussion

Does anyone know what J.K. Rowling is writing next?

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Mehnaz I searched the internet but couldn't find anything! I really want to read anything she writes :)

Gabriel Jo said that she is writing a "Political Fairytale"

Mehnaz Hmm that sounds interesting...wonder if I'd feel the same excitement that I had felt when reading the HP series...

Gabriel Mehnaz wrote: "Hmm that sounds interesting...wonder if I'd feel the same excitement that I had felt when reading the HP series..."

Well, when she said that, it was back in 2009. Pottermore is occupying most of her time, so it may or may not see publication within the next couple of years.

Katie She has also said that she may publish her next project, her next non-Potter project, under a different name so that it isn't constantly compared to her Potter books and can find it's own audience. So we may not know until after the fact what it is.

Gabriel Katie wrote: "She has also said that she may publish her next project, her next non-Potter project, under a different name so that it isn't constantly compared to her Potter books and can find it's own audience...."

Stephen King and Anne Rice took similar measures.

Susan My guess is that she's writing lots of deposit tickets for her bank accounts!

Gabriel Susan wrote: "My guess is that she's writing lots of deposit tickets for her bank accounts!"

Her bank account is already bigger than Gringotts!

Mehnaz Gabriel wrote: "Susan wrote: "My guess is that she's writing lots of deposit tickets for her bank accounts!"

Her bank account is already bigger than Gringotts!"

LOL

Mehnaz Once I heard somewhere that she was writing a thriller (I'm not sure, I just heard it)...just a rumor then, maybe.

Wayward Child I don`t think she`s written, or at least published anything after The tales of Beedle and Bard. I think she just wants to take some time off, rest a bit.

Michael A "political fairytale" only sounds half interesting to me, right now.

message 13: by Lord (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lord Voldemort nothing! JUST POTTERMORE

Manda Yes I think she's focussing on Pottermore right now, although I really wish she'd write something new. Oh what would be great is if she wrote a prequel to Harry Potter. I always loved the flash backs in the HP books.

Valerie I don't think she's writing anything now. She hasn't published anything for a long time...

Starburst she doesn't need to write anything else ... she's made millions and put her name in history with Harry Potter.

Mehnaz Starburst wrote: "she doesn't need to write anything else ... she's made millions and put her name in history with Harry Potter."

Ya but don't you think HP will get a bit obsolete after say another 10 years?
Don't get me wrong please, I love HP, but you see if people keep seeing something for too long they get bored of it...I'm afraid that after a couple of years I might say "Oh no, more HP?"