Espionage Aficionados discussion

Random Chats > Hello and how does this work?

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Susan (new)

Susan (susanthomas) I'm a member of a couple of other active groups on GR that do a Book of the Month read. Is that something that goes on here? I used to read exclusively espionage fiction when I had the time, but there are far more on my to read list than on my already read list. My favorites have been the Len Deighton trilogy of trilogies and Daniel Silva, but I've been impressed by Olen Steinhauer's recent books and look forward to his next.

message 2: by Roger (new)

Roger Croft (rogercroft) | 24 comments Try 'The Wayward Spy' by Roger Croft (Amazon etc., Kindle). it's had some great revues (see rogercroft.com) and has been compared with the best of DEIGHTON and Lecarre. There's also a bit of quirky Javier Marias, author of the MI6

message 3: by Feliks, Moderator (last edited Jul 30, 2014 01:31PM) (new)

Feliks (dzerzhinsky) | 646 comments Mod
Susan, (if I can get a word in here over the author-promo, good God) hello! Hearty welcome to ye.

We can certainly do a 'read-of-the-month' if there's enough interest. Can you tell me a little more about how it works in your other groups? Up until today this particular outfit has been pretty sleepy. But we do have over 300 people, believe-it-or-not. I wonder how many might be interested...