Lush Library discussion

The Sense of an Ending
This topic is about The Sense of an Ending
Past Group Reads > The Sense of an Ending - progress and non spoiler thread

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Kirsty (kirkel) | 1160 comments Mod
It looks like most of us are keen to read WifW first but if you fancy reading the Booker winner first then here is the thread to update your general thoughts and progress.

I'm really looking forward to this one.

I'm going to read this after WifW. I've just finished Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer and I think WifW sounds lighter to start with. That and I'm saving this one just a little bit longer;)

Sam (VanillaFountain) | 577 comments Mod
I didn't get this book because it's £6.50 and at the mo all my extra money is going towards birthdays and christmas so I just couldn't allow myself to spend that much on a book that I wasn't sure I would like. How's it going everyone is it any good?

message 4: by Sam (VanillaFountain) (last edited Nov 05, 2011 04:33PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Did you find it cheaper than that anywhere Amina?

Aww that's a shame I wanted to read everything along with everyone else, but I just can't afford those sorts of prices this time of year. Have a lot of birthdays in the next 6 weeks and Christmas too :O I'm scared lol.

No I am not, thank you though lovely :) tried the local library they don't have it in Derbyshire it seems except by audio tape :S By the time it arrived if I ordered it everyone would've finished it :(

Katrina Williams (missybsleeping) | 32 comments I finished the book this morning. Quite enjoyed it but still a little unsure about the ending. I am willing to pass the book on Sam if you would like it

That would be lovely if you wouldn't mind Katrina... Is there anything you're after reading that we could trade for? x

Katrina Williams (missybsleeping) | 32 comments Nothing I can think of. If you email me your address I will post it off. katrinabennett72@hotmail.com

I've saved this until the end of the months and I read half of it today. For the first time I actually managed to read while I watched the kids play but I didn't want to read on because they were getting restless and I wanted to concentrate. I really want to read the rest to see what happened. I've been a bit sick and was surprised at how easy it was to read.