Young Adult Book Reading Challenges discussion

Ash
This topic is about Ash
Ash Discussions > Who is going to read Ash with us?

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Angie, YA lovin mod!! (new) - rated it 2 stars

Angie | 2687 comments Mod
Anyone reading along with us in November?

message 2: by Samantha (new)

Samantha I was going to but I am rather disappointed in the story line. When I read a fairy tale it is about a girl and guy. So I will pass this time. I do love different takes on fairy tales though.

Theo | 116 comments I read this earlier in the year. I'll be interested to participate in discussions and hear what everyone thinks about it.

message 4: by Angie, YA lovin mod!! (new) - rated it 2 stars

I have my copy now. I am going to finish 1984 and then start it right up!!

Chantaal I am! I wanted to read it a few weeks ago, but saw it was up for this month and decided to wait to read it with the group. :)

Tatiana (tatiana_g) I have my copy as well and planning to start it shortly.

Stephanie (stephyblue) | 15 comments I am, just as soon as I finish Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.

message 8: by Oscar (new) - added it

Oscar | 51 comments I will.

Joined not too long ago, but haven't had the chance to read the last two monthly reads so I am excited to follow along this month. :)

message 9: by Antonio (new)

Antonio | 3 comments I'll wait for others opinions before I'll go out and get a copy.

Joana (joanathebooknerd) I've started it yesterday. I'm on page 137. So far I'm liking it

Tatiana (tatiana_g) Started it today.

message 12: by Amber (new)

Amber Lehman (amber_lehman73) | 3 comments I plan to get my copy of Ash this weekend. I'm very interseted and curious about the story already, especially since it involves two genres I enjoy writing about. :)

message 13: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Jarvis | 6 comments me. trying to get my copy this weekend as well

message 14: by Jenn (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jenn (j4santana) | 6 comments Hey everyone! My name is Jenn and I am a 28 year old PA student obsessed with reading! It's funny because I never read that much growing up, but within the last four years or so it has definitely become my sanctuary! Anyways, I am definitely interested in reading Ash with you guys. I'm currently finishing up Silence and as soon as I'm done I will move onto Ash. I look forward to the discussions!! :)

message 15: by Tatiana (last edited Nov 10, 2011 06:45AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Tatiana (tatiana_g) I am about 50 pages in and it is a bit slow going for me. Hope it will get more exciting eventually?

Marisa | 1 comments Tatiana wrote: "I am about 50 pages in and it is a bit slow going for me. Hope it will get more exciting eventually?"

it gets better when you get to the second half!

message 17: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (rand0m0sityxx) | 10 comments I'm looking for the ebook, if I can find it i'll be reading it! I do have Decembers book and I can't wait for that next month!

message 18: by Angie, YA lovin mod!! (new) - rated it 2 stars

Tatiana wrote: "I am about 50 pages in and it is a bit slow going for me. Hope it will get more exciting eventually?"

I think the beginning of the book is slow. It is like all set up and kind bounces around between characters. But I think the end of the books picks up. It is actually a short book.

message 19: by Angie, YA lovin mod!! (new) - rated it 2 stars

Nicole wrote: "I'm looking for the ebook, if I can find it i'll be reading it! I do have Decembers book and I can't wait for that next month!"

There are some groups on goodreads that share ebooks. You should look up groups based off your ereader and ask someone there if they will loan it to you!

Grace (gdaminato) | 520 comments Samantha wrote: "I was going to but I am rather disappointed in the story line. When I read a fairy tale it is about a girl and guy. So I will pass this time. I do love different takes on fairy tales though."
I think you're judging the book to soon.

Grace (gdaminato) | 520 comments I've had the book for a week or so and started reading it a few days ago. I just finished it today.

message 22: by Angie, YA lovin mod!! (new) - rated it 2 stars

Samantha wrote: "I was going to but I am rather disappointed in the story line. When I read a fairy tale it is about a girl and guy. So I will pass this time. I do love different takes on fairy tales though."

I am sorry you will not be joining us. Have you read a book club read before?

message 23: by Samantha (new)

Samantha I read the last one about The Living Dead Girl.

message 24: by Angie, YA lovin mod!! (new) - rated it 2 stars

Samantha wrote: "I read the last one about The Living Dead Girl."

Ok hopefully next month's pick is more your taste!

message 25: by Samantha (last edited Nov 20, 2011 11:53AM) (new)

Samantha Angie wrote: "Ok hopefully next month's pick is more your taste!"

Yes I will hopefully be reading it. I'm waiting for it to be returned to the library!

Sheila Welch (sheilakellywelch) | 8 comments I read it quite a while ago but don't have a copy now. So I'll just go with my memories of it -- mostly good!