Talk Talk Talk Talk discussion

promise it gets better?

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lolakay (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:21PM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Lolakay I was really looking forward to this novel, was even saving it till I knew I'd have plenty of time to read. So far I don't like the characters and I don't care much what happens to them. But everyone else seems to like this one. I guess I'll keep plugging.

Crystal Nope. It doesn't. The end is a total disappointment.

message 3: by Jason (new) - added it

Jason I agree that the ending of Talk Talk is anti climatic. The characters are good by TC left a lot to be desired with the ending....maybe he ran out of time to actually finish the book with some guts!

message 4: by JBP (new) - rated it 4 stars

JBP I liked the book but I agree--the ending is a bit on the weak side. In a way, this book is a little more exciting than most of his stuff--a bit of a thriller--but the ending doesn't measure up to what took place the rest of the book.

Peter It wasn't about the ending, it was about getting there. Of course the ending was anti-climatic. The climax came just at the right point.

Echo Heron I love TC Boyle's work. . .but this one was a total disappointment. Writers are allowed to be a bit off here and there, and the bulk of his work is as brilliant as they come, so it's easy to forgive him a lemon or two.