Love Inspired Books discussion

Character Interviews > Hero Interview from Marrying the Major by Victoria Bylin

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Love Inspired (new)

Love Inspired Books (loveinspiredbooks) | 1035 comments Mod
Marrying the Major (Love Inspired Historical) by Victoria Bylin

How exciting to have Major Tristan Willoughby Smith, the hero from Marrying the Major, an October release from Love Inspired Historical, with us today.

1. Tell me the most interesting thing about you.
Ah, yes. Contrasts. That’s what we’re talking about, isn’t it? The things that set us apart . . . In addition to being a retired British Army officer, I am the third son of the Duke of Willoughby. To say growing up was difficult would be a vast understatement. In spite of a childhood I’d call neglectful, at times appalling, I made my own way in the world and found success in the Army.

2. What do you do for fun?
I’m a horseman by birth and temperament I raise Arabians in Wyoming now. It’s pure excitement to ride far and fast.

3. What do you put off doing because you dread it?
I left England because of my father’s trickery and deceit. I have put off returning for years, and I have no desire to go back.

4. What are you afraid of most in life?
As a soldier, nothing. As a father, I’m afraid of dying and leaving my children without a mother and a home. That’s why I gave in to that foolish notion of a marriage of convenience. Caroline Bradley was supposed to be the governess, not my wife. But now she is, and it’s complicated to say the least.

5. What do you want out of life?
Peace of mind. A home. To see my children live their dreams. Dora wants to be a princess. She’s five. Freddie is ten. He’s destined to be the Duke of Willoughby, but he wants to be a scientist. I applaud his efforts.

6. What is the most important thing to you?
My personal honor. I’m a man of my word. No matter the cost, I keep my promises.

7. Do you read books? If so, what is your favorite type of book?
I’m a voracious reader. My library is filled with books on geography, history, animal husbandry and military tactics. I’m not fond of poetry. I’ll leave that for Caroline.

8. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
I’d be cured of the malaria. It has weakened my body, but it’s shown me the value of family.

9. Do you have a pet? If so, what is it and why that pet?
I wouldn’t exactly call Cairo a pet. He’s a full blooded Arabian stallion, who eats peppermint out of my hand. He’s a faithful friend.

10. If you could travel back in time, where would you go and why?
Actually, I’d prefer to go forward in time. Would that be permissible? It would be pure joy to see some of the greatest racehorses that ever lived, especially Man O’War and Secretariat. I’d enjoy that immensely!

message 2: by Terri (new)

Terri (terrie) | 253 comments Have the book and can't wait to read it.

message 3: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 517 comments Loved the book and love the interview.

message 4: by Love Inspired (new)

Love Inspired Books (loveinspiredbooks) | 1035 comments Mod
I really loved the book as well.

The characters were so much fun.

Dream