Kids/Teens Book Club discussion

Questions & Debate > Where and when do you usually read?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 116 (116 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

Sonja ソニャ (sonjaivy) I usually read at night, when I'm in bed, getting ready to sleep :)
But I also really like reading in the bus or when I'm waiting for appointments etc. I also sometimes read when I have free periods at school. Reading in the early mornings is cool too, especially when sitting somewhere alone or somewhere with no distractions :)

What about you guys?

message 2: by Mayze (new)

Mayze In bed, in my free periods, at the gym, in the car...pretty much everywhere :)

message 3: by Kari Jennifer (new)

Kari Jennifer (karijennifer) | 20 comments Sonja wrote: "I usually read at night, when I'm in bed, getting ready to sleep :)
But I also really like reading in the bus or when I'm waiting for appointments etc. I also sometimes read when I have free peri..."

Same! :)

message 4: by Ingrid (new)

Ingrid I read everywhere. In my big comfy chair in my room, in my bed, in the car, in the kitchen, in the bathroom, in the sitting room...
Everywhere.

message 5: by Kate (last edited Nov 01, 2011 03:12PM) (new)

Kate | 8205 comments Way-chan (Aspiring Author) wrote: "I read everywhere. In my big comfy chair in my room, in my bed, in the car, in the kitchen, in the bathroom, in the sitting room...
Everywhere."

Anna wrote: "In bed, in my free periods, at the gym, in the car...pretty much everywhere :)"

Me too. I used to read almost every night before bed, but now I almost never do because I'm too tired and will end up staying up really late, when I won't get enough sleep even if I went to sleep immediately instead. So, I read at every little random interval I get during the day, wherever it might be. Not that I didn't do that before, though. My favorite places to read are my bed or couch though.

message 6: by Rebekah Faith (new)

Rebekah Faith (musicalradiance) | 6788 comments Every where, any time. I used to read all the time right before I went to bed- but I always ended up going to bed like an hour later than I wanted to because the book was so amazing.

message 7: by Kate (new)

Kate | 8205 comments Rebekah Faith*StarGleek*Potterhead* wrote: "Every where, any time. I used to read all the time right before I went to bed- but I always ended up going to bed like an hour later than I wanted to because the book was so amazing."

Yeah, that's my problem. I actually did that Sunday night. The only reason I stopped was that we have no power and my flashlight battery died.

message 8: by Rebekah Faith (new)

Rebekah Faith (musicalradiance) | 6788 comments Aww, that stinks. i actually did that last night for the first time in like a month- I realized why I stopped- even though that seems to be my only guaranteed time to be able to read.

message 9: by Jeanine (new)

Jeanine Carstairs (daechwita) | 589 comments At night, when I'm getting ready to sleep.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

everywhere all the time!
I even read at one of my jobs ( I have two..and this one is really boring and usually very quite) I used to read in class as well...only my English teacher understood and left me be.

but really I can read anywhere whenever I get time I read.
the only bad thing about having my license is I cant read in the car haha

message 11: by Yue (new)

Yue I read before I sleep (the real books) and at work also (e-books). Sometimes I read on the bus, even if it makes me have headache, cause I cant wait to know what happens... =)

message 12: by Michael (new)

Michael Chu (michaelchu) | 5 comments I usually read a book when I have somone else in the drivers seat, outdoors on a quiet sunny day to experience nature, or before I'm about to sleep.

message 13: by Valencia (last edited Nov 28, 2011 04:48PM) (new)

Valencia (empowered) | 66 comments Anywhere. Anytime. But I wonder is there is like this perfect library somewhere with the perfect reading setting....... Wistful thinking

message 14: by Ingrid (new)

Ingrid You know where I love reading books? I just figured it out this month. I love reading on the floor with my back to the wall and on a pillow. I had never known it could be so comfortable.

message 15: by Kate (new)

Kate | 8205 comments I've done that. It can be really comfortable although it will also get you some strange looks.

message 16: by Rebekah Faith (new)

Rebekah Faith (musicalradiance) | 6788 comments Way- and just sitting on the floor too! It's really surprisingly comfortable!

message 17: by Ingrid (new)

Ingrid It really is! I'm making a habit of it.

message 18: by Valencia (new)

Valencia (empowered) | 66 comments I read way too long for that!! My butt would hate me!

message 19: by Kate (new)

Kate | 8205 comments That's one of the downsides. But it's worth it.

message 20: by Rebekah Faith (new)

Rebekah Faith (musicalradiance) | 6788 comments After a while I have to get up and stretch before either sitting back down or sitting on the couch.

message 21: by Kyle (new)

Kyle LJ (kylelj) Has anyone ever tried to read upside down? I have. There is a Chin-up bar in the garage that my step-dad uses, so I thought "why not?" and got a step-stool, climbed up and read. I got about ten minutes in and then I felt really bad so I hoped down and read on the step-stool.

SEMI PRECIOUS JADE (wingsoffreedom) | 4239 comments Rebekah *StarGleek*Potterhead* wrote: "After a while I have to get up and stretch before either sitting back down or sitting on the couch."

I do the same thing although it's annoying because every time I stretch I hear cracks everywhere

message 23: by ★ Jess (new)

★ Jess  | 4295 comments Mod
I haven't read a single word in weeks! Well, not a word in a novel, at least. Exams have been killing me, but I had my last one this morning, and school is practically finished for the year, so Im going to read so many books over summer :)
Reading heaps and learning to play guitar are the only two things IM going to do this summer.

message 24: by Rebekah Faith (new)

Rebekah Faith (musicalradiance) | 6788 comments You Aussies have a lot to do, huh.
And having summer break while the rest of us are anticipating winter break seems almost cruel. XD

message 25: by Valencia (new)

Valencia (empowered) | 66 comments Rebekah *StarGleek*Potterhead* wrote: "You Aussies have a lot to do, huh.
And having summer break while the rest of us are anticipating winter break seems almost cruel. XD"

Agreed!!! *wraps up tighter in snuggie*

message 26: by Katerina (new)

Katerina (klymene) I haven't gotten a chance to go to the library lately, so I've been reading on the Computer. On goodreads. Normally I'll read anywhere, as long as my mother doesn't give me the evil eye. Have you gotten that?

message 27: by Rebekah Faith (new)

Rebekah Faith (musicalradiance) | 6788 comments Actually...no, I haven't. XD

message 28: by Kate (new)

Kate | 8205 comments I always find it amusing when my parents get upset at me for reading to much. Most parents struggle to get their kids to read. Mine struggle to get me to stop reading.

message 29: by ★ Jess (new)

★ Jess  | 4295 comments Mod
Rebekah *StarGleek*Potterhead* wrote: "You Aussies have a lot to do, huh.
And having summer break while the rest of us are anticipating winter break seems almost cruel. XD"

haha, and vise versa. Im like the only one talking about summer. When its summer in the US, *everyone* makes me feel jealous, not just one person :P
Regardless, better cover your eyes for this next bit:

My mum got a floating couch thing for the pool for Christmas, so I spent all of yesterday, and indeed will spend all of today, reading my book, just floating on the pool :) Soooo relaxing!

message 30: by Kate (new)

Kate | 8205 comments It just sounds so ridiculous. Getting summer stuff for Christmas. And using it immediately.

message 31: by Kam (new)

Kam (iamwhowhoareyou) | 924 comments i mostly read on my ereader, so i like to turn off all the lights, get in bed, and just read until i finish the book. because everyone thinks im asleep, so no one tries to make me get up and do work. :p

message 32: by Pat (new)

Pat (alwaystofu) | 14 comments Wherever I am, as long as my mind is free from frustration and stress.

message 33: by Kam (new)

Kam (iamwhowhoareyou) | 924 comments Patricia Marie wrote: "Wherever I am, as long as my mind is free from frustration and stress."

i usually read more when im frustrated or stressed. helps me clear my mind a little.

message 34: by Pat (new)

Pat (alwaystofu) | 14 comments Kay wrote: "Patricia Marie wrote: "Wherever I am, as long as my mind is free from frustration and stress."

i usually read more when im frustrated or stressed. helps me clear my mind a little."

I can't concentrate on the words when I'm stressed. The words gets blurry sometimes, especially when I'm reading ebooks. Well, different people have different whatever-it-is-called. :))

message 35: by Kam (new)

Kam (iamwhowhoareyou) | 924 comments reactions, is the word, i think(my aunts a psychiatrist. she is constantly spouting random saying like that) :)

but, yeah, music and books come me down when i'm stressed, mad, etc.

message 36: by Pat (new)

Pat (alwaystofu) | 14 comments ow. pictures calm me down when I'm stressed. is that weird? :o music can too, but only classical music.

message 37: by Kam (new)

Kam (iamwhowhoareyou) | 924 comments as far as listening to music goes,i prefer to put pop music on really loud, so that i can distract myself by concentrating on deciphering the lyrics. But i also meant playing music. :)

message 38: by Katerina (new)

Katerina (klymene) I can never listen to music and read at the same time. It's near impossible for me. Ever since I started doing theory for piano, I've been analyzing music almost automatically.

message 39: by Pat (new)

Pat (alwaystofu) | 14 comments somehow I can do reading and listening to music at the same time. Especially when I don't want to listen to some things, like TV sounds or people talking. i lose my concentration when i hear people talking.
i listen to kpop songs most of the time, cos i can't understand them well. haha, and classical music cos it has no lyrics.

message 40: by Kam (new)

Kam (iamwhowhoareyou) | 924 comments i can read and listen at the same time. but sometimes when im doing that, i find that 6 songs have passed, and i have no recollection of any of them. :)

message 41: by Pat (new)

Pat (alwaystofu) | 14 comments yeah. =D me too.
this one time i read a book, i thought i just read it for 10mins.
but 10 songs already passed. lol
i was shocked.

message 42: by Kam (new)

Kam (iamwhowhoareyou) | 924 comments lol, ikr! for me, that happens mostly during road trips!

message 43: by Pat (new)

Pat (alwaystofu) | 14 comments i cant read a book during road trips. i think it has something to do with my eyes. O___O it gets kinda blurry.

message 44: by Kam (new)

Kam (iamwhowhoareyou) | 924 comments i cant read real books, like paper books, in the car for very long, cuz i get a little carsick.but i can read my ereader without any problem. :)

message 45: by Katerina (new)

Katerina (klymene) Oh! I have a solution to carsickness. Have you heard of Seabands? http://www.sea-band.com/seaband.htm

My mom bought them for my sisters and I, because we love to read in the car. But on long car rides, we begin to feel ill after a few hours. The seabands just put pressure on a certain part of your wrist to ease the carsickness.

message 46: by Rebekah Faith (new)

Rebekah Faith (musicalradiance) | 6788 comments ★ Jess wrote: "Rebekah *StarGleek*Potterhead* wrote: "You Aussies have a lot to do, huh.

haha, and vise versa. I..."

True, but we do kinda outnumber you. Okay, not the place for this quote, but I'm gonna use it anyways. "The needs of the many bugs outweigh the few." I love Starship. XD

message 47: by Valencia (new)

Valencia (empowered) | 66 comments Kam wrote: "i mostly read on my ereader, so i like to turn off all the lights, get in bed, and just read until i finish the book. because everyone thinks im asleep, so no one tries to make me get up and do wor..."

HAHAHA you sound like me!! When my mom comes in and asks me to do something I sush her and say I'm doing smart people stuff!

message 48: by Kam (new)

Kam (iamwhowhoareyou) | 924 comments :) the only bad thing apart my routine is that i occasionally(okay, pretty dang often) pull an all-nighter bcuz im so engrossed in my book. and theres no one to stop me, cuz they think im asleep!

message 49: by Valencia (new)

Valencia (empowered) | 66 comments I'm on Christmas vaction Mon-Wed I was up til 4 or 5 am reading!!! The last 2 nights I haven't went to bed until my parents were waking up!!! I did that on a school night one time....I was miseriable the whole day!

message 50: by Emi (new)

Emi | 80 comments i usually read at night... now that I'm on vacations i read allot its a shame that vacations are over in 17 days...

« previous 1 3