Mystery/Thriller Reading Friends discussion

J.K. Rowling
This topic is about J.K. Rowling
Upcoming Book Releases > Delay of ebook versions: Harry Potter books

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14214 comments The much-anticipated launch of the Harry Potter ebooks was initially scheduled for October 2011, when the interactive Pottermore website was set to open up to general use. But the one million beta users of the site have been "incredibly active, interacting with the site far more intensely and frequently than we thought they would"
http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2011/...

message 2: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14214 comments I am going to be tempted to get the ebook versions for my Kindle. I listened to library audio copies and have the hardbacks, but for re-reading ease, I may just have to take the plunge - I will be able to save the $ for other books for a while.

message 3: by Carol/Bonadie (new)

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 7794 comments Hmm, this is something to contemplate. I had determined that I wanted to re-read the series, but hadn't thought whether I'd by the HCs (I only have a couple), get them from the library, get the audios or ebooks.

Ann wrote: "I am going to be tempted to get the ebook versions for my Kindle. I listened to library audio copies and have the hardbacks, but for re-reading ease, I may just have to take the plunge - I will be ..."

message 4: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14214 comments I loved them on audio Carol, but think I want to go print for Harry Potter rereads.
Carol/Bonadie wrote: "Hmm, this is something to contemplate. I had determined that I wanted to re-read the series, but hadn't thought whether I'd by the HCs (I only have a couple), get them from the library, get the audios or ebooks."

message 5: by Donnajo (new)

Donnajo | 3480 comments Again I'll say it. to reread books you already read when there is so many good books still out there that you haven't read. That is something I don't think I want to do. but everyone has different ways.

message 6: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14214 comments DJ: Sometimes a reread is a comfort thing, a well loved book is something to savor again and again. I don't usually go cover to cover with a reread though. What do others do? I look for favorites passages and jump right back in - easier in print than with Kindle format or audio.

Donnajo wrote: "Again I'll say it. to reread books you already read when there is so many good books still out there that you haven't read. That is something I don't think I want to do. but everyone has differe..."

message 7: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) | 3589 comments Ann wrote: "DJ: Sometimes a reread is a comfort thing, a well loved book is something to savor again and again. I don't usually go cover to cover with a reread though. What do others do? I look for favorites ..."

I hadn't reread a book probably since I was a kid until True Blood started. I couldn't remember details of books, so I've reread the first 4...not that any of them other than book 1 have had much to do with the TV show! LOL

message 8: by Carol/Bonadie (new)

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 7794 comments I reread so infrequently that I don't have a "usual" practice. I recently reread the Princess Meredith Gentry series by Laurell K. Hamilton and didn't skip a word!!! I could imagine skimming the Harry Potter series, some of the descriptive parts anyway.

Ann wrote: "DJ: Sometimes a reread is a comfort thing, a well loved book is something to savor again and again. I don't usually go cover to cover with a reread though. What do others do? I look for favorites ..."