We love Susan Mallery! discussion

Archived Folders > What kind of book series do you prefer?

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ~Jennifer~ (new)

~Jennifer~ (book_addiction) Do you like when the series focuses on one person/couple and continues through each book? OR Do you like each book to focus on different people but still revolve around the same theme?

For example:

Stephanie Plum Series Collection Sizzling Sixteen, Finger Lickin Fifteen, Fearless Fourteen, Lean Mean Thirteen, Twelve Sharp by Janet Evanovich vs Lords of the Underworld Collection (Lords of the Underworld, #1-6) by Gena Showalter

Shellbelle  | 1168 comments Mod
I tend to like it when the couples switch between each book...like with the Black Dagger Brotherhood...I feel like the series can keep going and being interesting, and yet we still get to see the characters from previous books, and sometimes I love the build up of waiting for a certain characters book to finally come! Like with Paris in the LOTU!!! With that being said I do like a few series like the Night Huntress by Jeaniene Frost...if it's done right following the same couple and watching their story unfold can be fun too!

message 3: by ~Jennifer~ (new)

~Jennifer~ (book_addiction) I like both types. Sometimes, though, when the series switches between different couples, I'll hit one that I don't care for and it'll stop all series progression for me. I can't skip books either. I think my brain would explode if I even tried it.