UK Amazon Kindle Forum discussion

Kindle Tips/Tricks discussions > How to clear the browsing history on your kindle

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments There's a few things you can easily do to make web browsing work better.
From your home page, click menu then click experimental. Then click launch browser. Your wifi and/or 3G needs to be on, I think.
Click menu again, then scroll down and click browser settings.
Four choices will pop up.
Click clear history and clear cookies if you've been having problems with getting a web page to load. Click disable JavaScript to make advert filled websites load faster.
Click disable images to make sites like Facebook or news sites load faster.
Click menu whenever you are in the browser to be able to change the browser settings.

Could someone please follow the steps above and feed back to me if I've explained the process properly?

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Useful tips thanks Patti. I'm off to try them out now!

:0)

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Please let me know if my instructions were clear, Karen.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

I've just tried it out on facebook - much better. (I can't work out how to get on facebook mobile.)

message 5: by Patti (baconater) (last edited Oct 29, 2011 09:51AM) (new)

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments You have to type in a different URL but I'm not sure what it is...

I think Willie has the URL in his blog somewhere, though.

Oh hold on, I may have it bookmarked in my kindle.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Patti (Pennywise) wrote: "Yep.

It's http://m.facebook.com/"

Thanks! (I've only just seen your post.)

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Most welcome, cutie.