The Next Best Book Club discussion

CLOSED: Promote Your Site/Stuff > "Bader Field" A new release

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Carl (new)

Carl | 6 comments Hey everyone, I just joined "The Next Best Book Club" and wanted to announce the release of my latest book, "Bader Field"
by Nightengale Press. I think it will be of interest to the members of this group.

Please visit Nightengale Press.com and go to the store to take a look at the cover and the overview. Right now it can only be purchased though Nightengale Press but will soon also be available on borders.com, barnesandnoble.com, amazon.com,and many others but won't be in the major stores until early 2009.

My life's blood is in this emotional work which took me well over 20 years and lots of rewrites to finish. I had only one chance to get it right so it had to be perfect. There would be no second chances.

Thanks for listening. I hope you take a look; everyone who has seen it, loves it.

message 2: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori (tnbbc) | 10095 comments Mod
Hi Carl.
Thank you for following the rules of the group, and posting this in the correct spot!

message 3: by Kelly (new)

Kelly | 204 comments Hi I'm Kelly and I am fairly new and don't quite know my way around this site but my question is has anyone out there read "What Lisa Knew" by Joyce Johnson. Please tell me it gets better. I am on page 40 and considering calling it quits. Thanks

message 4: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Hi Kelly.
For starters, you should create yourself a seperate thread or post this question in the What Are You Reading thread.

Quick How To on creating a new thread:
Click on View All on the folder you are going to create the thread for. In the upper right corner you should see New Topic. Click on that to create your own thread.

Good luck .

message 5: by Carl (new)

Carl | 6 comments Much obliged. As you can see, I am new here so I greatly appreciate your suggestion!

Thanks!

message 6: by Carl (new)

Carl | 6 comments My pleasure. I figured it was the appropriate place to post. How and where do I actually post an image of the cover of my book?

message 7: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Carl, if its a regular photo that was uploaded to photobucket or fliker, you should be able to link it right to the page... using the page address.

the code would be (dont use any spaces when you actually post it tho, or it wont work)

message 8: by Carl (new)

Carl | 6 comments Lori:

Thank you. I will try to link the cover of my book from the Nightengale Press New Release page.

Carl

message 9: by Carl (new)

Carl | 6 comments BADER FIELD
[ISBN 1933449:] $15.95
BADER FIELD
Click to enlarge

Carl David is the third generation of a four-generation family art business in Philadelphia. He is the author of Collecting & Care of Fine Art published by Crown in 1981. His article about Martha Walter, an American Impressionist painter (1875-1976), was published in the American Art Review in May 1978 Mr. David's new book, Bader Field, embodies the emotional story of a son's loving relationship with his father—a legendary art dealer whose life is suddenly taken by a massive coronary at the young age of fifty-eight years. His death plunges the twenty-four-year-old man onto the front lines of the family art business, which he had entered a mere three years prior. Battling with his own grief while trying to help his adoring but fragile mother survive, David forges forward with all of the elemental tools his father imparted to him. His journey proves a difficult one, not having yet recovered from the horrific loss of his brother to suicide just eight years earlier when he was found dead on the fourth floor of the Rittenhouse Square townhouse, which was home to the prestigious David David Gallery. His self-imposed obligation is to successfully take the family art business to the next generation and to give his own children every bit of love, kindness, and wisdom bestowed upon him by the unique man whom they will never know other than the mark he left on everyone who knew him. Bader Field adds significant insight into the mysterious workings and dealings of the art world. David speaks from experience of having been immersed in it all of his life and having lived it from the inside out. There will be a tremendous crossover interest in this book as it combines the elements of an American family, its goodness and its tragedy interfaced with the multifaceted aspects of the art business and flying small airplanes. Bader Field in Atlantic City was the oldest airfield in the country. With little sophistication, its two asphalt runways juggled single and twin engine aircraft exuded a character and charm that created memories to last a lifetime. That is where this saga begins and where it ends as life comes full circle.

message 10: by Carl (new)

Carl | 6 comments Check out the articles, etc on "Bader Field" at www.authorsden.com/carledavid