The Captive Part II / The Power (The Secret Circle, #2-3) The Captive Part II / The Power discussion

*TV series* Why? I ask, WHY??

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Bookaholic WHY did only half the coven members have to be there? WHY? Will they be adding on later? I HOPE SO. Why is Diana's father the evil one? Why did Cassie's mom die in the fire? (She was not supposed to o_0 ... she never did die but get paralyzed? Yes. ARghhh!! :(

Inah (Fueled By Chapters) Well, I guess they changed it into another story, to be like "modernized" like what they did in The Vampire Diaries.

Steffi Inah wrote: "Well, I guess they changed it into another story, to be like "modernized" like what they did in The Vampire Diaries."

I agree with you. And an other aspect is that 12 main characters would be costly.

Inah (Fueled By Chapters) Steffi wrote: "Inah wrote: "Well, I guess they changed it into another story, to be like "modernized" like what they did in The Vampire Diaries."

I agree with you. And an other aspect is that 12 main characters ..."

Yeah. Maybe they cannot find twelve actors who can suit the job and that would really cost too much. The only thing I don't want in the series is messing with Cassie and Nick.

Kathryn theres a tv series!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 6: by M. (new) - rated it 2 stars

M. I started watching the TV series first and I thought it was lame. But then I decided to read the book and I definitely like it better. First of all not adding all 12 members to the TV series didn't make any sense. I always thought that 6 people weren't enough if their parents were supposed to be Circle members.
It makes me wonder if the Vampire Diaries books are better than the TV series. I only enjoyed the first season of the show but I sort of lost interest afterward. Maybe because I find Elena extremely annoying but she is probably like that in the book too.

Ashley Dake i love it !!! they should of made it like the book but they always do that . i mean i love vampire diaries but they should of done it like the book too but i do love the show as well .

Ashley Dake Inah was right they should of not killed off nick

Ashley Dake Inah was right they should of not killed off nick

message 10: by Amy (last edited Dec 22, 2011 10:45AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy Cassie's mum died in the fire for that very reason, she was ill or paralysed throughout all the books. She was just there in the background so they killed her off because she pretty much had no storyline in the books. And as for cutting the Circle members, yeah it sucks I liked Deborah but they would not have been able to focus on characters emotionly if they had to come up with stuff for 12 members. They cut it down to 6 so they could focus on creating the characters and their storylines. I'm really happy that they're doing the whole Cassie is evil thing. I loved that in the book and was really hoping that they'd bring that into the series. (Sorry for using the British spelling for some words)

Rachel I was very disappointed that this tv series didn't keep going. It was different from the books but that's usually what happens when a book goes from pages to screens. Anyway.. loved it and wished I could've seen more!

message 12: by Sally (new) - added it

Sally The tv series is totally different from the book...