Graceling (Graceling Realm, #1) Graceling discussion

Po and Fire? (Spoilers for both Graceling AND Fire!!)

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

I just reread both books, and still think they are amazing. Also I was looking at discussions and know a lot of people like Po but HATE that he got blinded. I was thinking, he would be great for Fire, because he can't see her beauty so he can't be manipulated by it. Fire wouldn't feel bad about her power, because he has a very similar one too. Also Po wouldn't have to be on his guard 24/7 like Brigan does, just in case. I also think so, because i like Fire and Po the best, but now i actually have some reasoning for them to be together.

Matthew you have to take acount the year differences, the bad guy going form like ten to about his twenties.

Pavan hmm i cant see Po and Fire together, but thats probably because i already love the pairing of both of them

Andrea Evans Sam wrote: "I just reread both books, and still think they are amazing. Also I was looking at discussions and know a lot of people like Po but HATE that he got blinded. I was thinking, he would be great for Fi..."

i never thought about it that way, but i have to agree

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Matthew wrote: "you have to take acount the year differences, the bad guy going form like ten to about his twenties."

Pretend like they are the same age ... then good couple?

message 6: by Sum (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sum Sam wrote: "I just reread both books, and still think they are amazing. Also I was looking at discussions and know a lot of people like Po but HATE that he got blinded. I was thinking, he would be great for Fi..."

Your reasoning makes sense....

Veronica I get what you're saying but I don't think Po and Fire's personalities and wants would work well together (even if he could see her).

Raudza I totally agree. Po and Fire have alot of things in common accept for the age differences

message 9: by Samantha The Escapist (last edited Feb 17, 2012 11:16AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Samantha The Escapist They'd both lose their voices from lack of use! :P

One thing though, Fire seemed more likely to want to settle, she DID enjoy seeing the world while travelling but what she really enjoyed was helping the people of the city. Po seemed like he was helping people because he was honor bound (and a good person of course) but ultimately prefered to be somewhat of a loner and definitely wanted to wander. In fact, they don't really discuss Po's eagerness to marry so much as his acceptance of Katsa's stipulation; we don't know if Po is inclined to settle down at all. Fire was only a loner at all due to necessity. I feel like in a union between them Po would always be wanting to go places or be away from people while Fire was wanting to visit the main cities and continue working in the hospitals and helping people how she could.

Do they have anything in common? Fire isn't into fighting, Po doesn't seem particularly into music, Fire took very well to her role in Politics while Po is constantly running from them. In the end it seems all they really have in common aside from their unique talents is a sympathy for horses.

And now I'm going to go start a Katsa and Brigan topic to mirror yours for funsies :)