Gone with the Wind Gone with the Wind question

what do you think about BBC's 100 books?
Suzan Suzan Oct 28, 2011 02:31AM
mostly it s full of classics. i m not sure... and it s saying who loves reading must have read at least 6 of these bookss

The BBC list was a collection put together by their viewers. I had read a lot of them but it was definitely more British in flavor. It was definitely no where near what I would considered the 100 best books.

I've been fed more than 6 of these titles from school assignment alone, but I would never have finished 'The Hobbit' if it weren't for homework. So, even though I probably don't appreciate it as much as I would have if it weren't for homework, I am glad that I read it.

I just found the list and counted up. I have read 42 of them. I agree that I did not enjoy some of them (I coule not make it all of the way through Crime and Punishment - but I tried). Many I have never heard of, but I few I have on my to-read list. What I HAVE found since I joined Good Reads, is that many of the classics I read so long ago that I cannot remember the stories, so I have been re-reading them. I definately think I would have different choices, but maybe it would be more Americanized.

I've read fifty of them, but they weren't all great.

I've read 94 of them and enjoyed most of them. I'm especially big on the classics. The ones I haven't read, I have honestly never hear of before.

I have read 50 of them so far. Some I have really enjoyed and never would have read without that list, but (like all things) others on the list I had to toothpick my eyes open to keep reading to the end of the book!

I've only read 25 of them, with an additional 9 on my to-read list. I'd be curious to see what an American list would look like.

Yuliya (last edited Nov 03, 2011 11:49AM ) Nov 03, 2011 11:49AM   0 votes
I would also have a number of different choices

I read 38. Some of which were good. Some were weird to be on this list. Don't think that would be the list I would make of must reads. Not even close.

bob I totally agree.
Oct 29, 2011 08:57AM · flag

I've read 48 and have others of them waiting to be read. There are a lot of childrens books on the list eg. Roald Dahl, Kenneth Graham etc. Some of them I read because they're 'classics' and I feel I should have read them for eg. Catcher in the Rye - didn't enjoy that book at all! My list shares some of those as top books but I would have a number of different other choices.