Every Little Thing discussion

Debate > Left-Right

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Teno (last edited Oct 27, 2011 06:11PM) (new)

Teno Q. If you've ever heard about the "left" brain and the "right" brain, then you know that almost everyone uses one side more often than the other - you're either "left-brain dominant" or "right-brain dominant". Or both sides could be equal.
Most people are left-brained, though, because the kind of thinking mostly taught in schools today - logical thinking - is part of the left brain. Usually you can tell by whether you are left- or right- handed. Most people are right-handed, which corresponds to the left side of the brain.

However I am right-handed, but I am not left-brained. I have read many articles about this and taken a few quizzes and I show all the traits of someone who is right-brained. But then, when I saw that spinning ballerina (you know, the internet ad) it was going clockwise - which again is supposed to mean that I'm left-brained.
I'm confused. I wonder if anyone could shine a light on this.

I know this topic probably doesn't belong in this group, but I didn't know where else to post it...

message 2: by Christa (last edited Oct 27, 2011 07:53PM) (new)

Christa (christa_holley) | 442 comments Mod
i don't know if it is impossible but all the studies they have out for public view says that if you are left handed you are right brained.
This is just a thought, maybe you are ambidextrous? One lobe could be more dominant that the other but prehaps not by alot or maybe you only write with you right and use you left for everything else. That would allow you to say that you use the right side of your brain more.

Oh, don't feel bad, the group is called every little thing. We are suppose to discuss every little thing. Even the more random things. Glad to try and help.

message 3: by Teno (last edited Nov 03, 2011 04:40PM) (new)

Teno Q. Thanks Christa :)
But I thought being ambidextrous means you can use both hands to do everything? I can write better than the next person with my non-dominant hand, but they're far from being equal. I use my right hand for pretty much everything; brushing my teeth, eating, drawing...
I think I will post this in other forums. I'm flattered by your idea but I would like to hear others too.

message 4: by wolf spirit (new)

wolf spirit | 604 comments Then I guess that makes me a left-brain person. Ambidextrous I heard that you can use both hands equally, but I am not sure about everything else. I think there are alot more right-handed persons than there are left-handed persons; very rare.

I know that in A&P your right brain controls the left side of your body while your left brain controls the right side of your body.

I am not sure I believe that one side of your brain is more dominate then the other unless you use both sides of your brain.

I am not sure about those test and how accurate they can be...I am stumped

As for me I am a right-handed person and I remember that I used to use my left hand equally to try and become ambidextrous. It was so funny trying to eat from my left hand, brush my teeth, but I was good at catching a tennis ball with both hands teaching my left hand the tricks of my right hand.
Oh and don't get me started on trying to teach my left hand how to write LOL I felt like a kindergardener all over agian.

The moral of this story that I learned is that with time,practice, and ambition my left hand could do anything my right hand did.