The Story of My Life The Story of My Life discussion

Fake?

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jessica Do you think Helen Keller was a fraud? Why? Do you think she was always blind and deaf... until the day she died?

Lori no! why would she be a fraud? never heard that one before. I loved reading about her story. she was an amazing woman.

Carey No, Helen Keller was not a fraud. I agree with Lori. She overcame her disabilities to learn how to communicate with sign language. She did talk later. I loved reading about her. I have been to Helen Keller's birthplace in Tuscumbia, Alabama. Yes, she was blind and deaf until she died.

Karen Another argument against her being a fraud was the quality of the writing and work that she did at and after Radcliffe. Even when she relied on people other than Annie Sullivan, her "voice" remained the same.

Remember, also, that she heard and spoke up to about 3. While she lost this with the illness, it does have an early impact on accessible language skills once Sullivan was able to reach her.

Teresa Why on earth would she be a fraud? Her story is well-documented. Where did such a crazy idea come from?

message 6: by Claire (new)

Claire What are the problems encounter by the chaacters ?

Sandra Matras Anyone suggesting she was a fraud is obviously extremely ignorant and ill-informed!

Akshay Kundu calling her fake is atrocious! this is one the best books I've ever read.

Melonie Kydd Helen Keller was not a fraud - she was one of the most motivational people in history and gave many people hope and inspiration.

☆ ĄňŊǡƂėƮĦ ☆ ŞŧŎŋė How could Helen Keller, a very strong lady who persevered through hardship, be a fraud. She is blind and deaf! A doctor and everyone else who saw her realized this.

Annie You can find old videos of Helen Keller speaking and "listening" with her hands that have been uploaded to youtube. See for yourself she was genuine.

message 12: by ida (new)

ida ok, bobby so your like what 140 years old. whos the fake one again?

message 13: by ida (new)

ida don't worry no one is gonna @ you

message 14: by ida (new)

ida i don't think they had insta in the 1800s