Shut Up & Read discussion

Breaking Dawn (The Twilight Saga, #4)
This topic is about Breaking Dawn
87 views
Archives > Breaking Dawn Part 1 Countdown!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 88 (88 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Tanecia (last edited Nov 16, 2011 11:15AM) (new)

Tanecia  (books101) | 3795 comments Mod




message 2: by Tanecia (new)

Tanecia  (books101) | 3795 comments Mod
So are any of you guys some die hard twilight fans like me? Im already ordering my t-shirts and jackets and catching up on the movies! and im pre-ordering my tickets! Do you guys have any pre-twilight saga movie routines?


Angelica (angelicam2009) Me and my friends are SOOOO excited for this movie! Usually we watch the previous movies before the new one comes out and I usually reread the book. But, I cant wait for Nov.18th!!


message 4: by Tanecia (new)

Tanecia  (books101) | 3795 comments Mod
I know me too! Down here in Austin they show they show the previous three twilight movies until twelve o'clock and then they will show breaking dawn! Last year I got there like two hours early and there was a long line and I had started a twilight trivia quiz and everyone joined in ! My mom says I'm too friendly but it was fun to play and pass the time with other twilight fans!


message 5: by Diana S (new) - added it

Diana S | 86 comments Tt wrote: "I know me too! Down here in Austin they show they show the previous three twilight movies until twelve o'clock and then they will show breaking dawn! Last year I got there like two hours early and ..."

Here where I lived several local theaters are having:
Twilight Saga Tuesday .
Starting with:
Nov 1 - Twilight
Nov 8 - New Moon
Nov 15 - Eclipse

I plan on going to all three!!! I also decided to re-read all four books, hopefully before Nov 17. :D


message 6: by Tanecia (new)

Tanecia  (books101) | 3795 comments Mod
omg!!!! thanks for telling me i will definitely be there! Where are these theater's located?


Tiffany (tiff0505) | 52 comments I am so excited for this movie its not even funny! The chemistry between kristen/rob and kristen/taylor translates so beautifully on the screen omg the bed scene is going to have me fainting!!!!!!!!


message 8: by Tanecia (new)

Tanecia  (books101) | 3795 comments Mod
LoL LoL i know i wonder how there going to do that scene and make it :tasteful at the same time..? but its going to be Epic!! i havent read Breaking dawn because i want to be surprised for the movie..Do you guys think this is a good idea?


Tiffany (tiff0505) | 52 comments omg you haven't read breaking dawn yet?? i've never heard of this lol i think if you haven't read it already then just watch the movie because honestly...i hated breaking dawn (book) and i think the movie will make the book adaptation better just like with twilight (adding the murders in added good suspense)...the sex scene will be tasteful because its only pg-13 :( but thats okay ill take anything of rob shirtless i can get lol its going to be epic cuz of the chemistry between robsten no doubt!


message 10: by Kimi (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kimi (kimisokool) | 15 comments At least read the first have of the book tt! I dnt like the second half so much. I'm so excited I can't wait!


message 11: by Diana S (last edited Oct 28, 2011 01:43AM) (new) - added it

Diana S | 86 comments Tt wrote: "omg!!!! thanks for telling me i will definitely be there! Where are these theater's located?"

San Antonio ---- Santikos & Regal Theatres.
You should check in Austin. They might be doing the same there.

You definitely have to read Breaking Dawn before you see the movie. I think you'll appreciated the movie more. :D
I know I did before I saw any of the Twilight movies!!!!


Angelica (angelicam2009) Tt wrote: " LoL LoL i know i wonder how there going to do that scene and make it :tasteful at the same time..? but its going to be Epic!! i havent read Breaking dawn because i want to be surprised for the mov..."

Ahh I definitely think you should read the book for the movie!


message 13: by MeMe Belikova (new)

MeMe Belikova First lady Ivashkov (AliceBelikovReads) | 950 comments I'm with tt, I haven't read breaking dawn either. I refuse to know what's gonna happen in the movie lol the movies are just so GREAT I really can't wait to see this one. Part two, I really want to make it to the premiere, that would be so AWESOME!!!!! And yes, they did a really great job on the actorz. They how so much chemistry its pretty much believable. Are Rob and Kris still dating? And I can't wait to see my Man Wolf(Jacob) lol.


Angelica (angelicam2009) Haha I absolutely love Emmett! He is my favorite :)


message 15: by MeMe Belikova (new)

MeMe Belikova First lady Ivashkov (AliceBelikovReads) | 950 comments Angelica wrote: "Haha I absolutely love Emmett! He is my favorite :)"

Yes he is a major HOTTIE! I Love Jasper too


Angelica (angelicam2009) Alice Belikov wrote: "Angelica wrote: "Haha I absolutely love Emmett! He is my favorite :)"

Yes he is a major HOTTIE! I Love Jasper too"


One of my best friends loves him! Me and my friends decided this year that we aren't going to the midnight premiere. But we are going the day it comes out when all the high-school and middle-school are in school so hopefully it wont be as packed!!


message 17: by Tanecia (new)

Tanecia  (books101) | 3795 comments Mod
Angelica wrote: "Alice Belikov wrote: "Angelica wrote: "Haha I absolutely love Emmett! He is my favorite :)"

Yes he is a major HOTTIE! I Love Jasper too"

One of my best friends loves him! Me and my friends decid..."


Lol that's a great idea but I've already taken off of work on the 19 so I can go to the midnight screening and then go see it again the next day just in case I've missed something.....but I think it's too late for me to read the book I should ask this question earlier! But ow well I guess I'll be the only person who hasn't read the last book in the movie lol


message 18: by Tanecia (new)

Tanecia  (books101) | 3795 comments Mod
★ Kimi ★ wrote: "At least read the first have of the book tt! I dnt like the second half so much. I'm so excited I can't wait!"

lol i think im already too late! I have two hard abck copies of breaking Dawn i guess i can try and sqeeze it in before the 18th urggh! *Pulls hair out!*


message 19: by Tanecia (new)

Tanecia  (books101) | 3795 comments Mod
Were all going to have have to make it a point to discuss this movie after we see it because i know I'm sure I'm going to have a lot of questions!!!


message 20: by Kimi (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kimi (kimisokool) | 15 comments Definitely try! You'll miss things if you don't and I feel like i the books or so detailed. I like book bella more too.


message 21: by Tanecia (new)

Tanecia  (books101) | 3795 comments Mod
OMG your freaking me out! lol im really gonna have to sqeeze it in its crunch time!!


Tiffany (tiff0505) | 52 comments Alice Belikov wrote: "I'm with tt, I haven't read breaking dawn either. I refuse to know what's gonna happen in the movie lol the movies are just so GREAT I really can't wait to see this one. Part two, I really want to..."

Yes Rob and Kristen are still dating I believe, I am going into shipper territory here so excuse me, but people say the relationship is fake due to PR but from what I got a sense of their personalities they aren't going to be puppets for summit or dupe millions of robstens like that. I could see the friends with benefits theory but once again can't see kstew like that when she is known for her long committed relationships. Until I see pics of either one of them in intimate situations with anyone else then I refuse to believe they have split up but that's only my opinion as we all don't know what the truth is about their relationship. I just wish them both luck in love, careers and in life. They are just amazing and will have long careers in this business, I think the same for Taylor too but he needs to pick better scripts and deviate from what's he's used too because Abduction was a mess but I blame that on John Singleton as he's a mess but Taylor needs a challenging role because the emotional scenes with him n kristen grip me everytime he's a good actor just needs the right outlet. I want to cry already from seeing snippets of the dance scene from BE between these two!


message 23: by Kimi (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kimi (kimisokool) | 15 comments Tt wrote: "OMG your freaking me out! lol im really gonna have to sqeeze it in its crunch time!!"

LOL you've got to! =)


message 24: by Tanecia (new)

Tanecia  (books101) | 3795 comments Mod
Tiffany wrote: "Alice Belikov wrote: "I'm with tt, I haven't read breaking dawn either. I refuse to know what's gonna happen in the movie lol the movies are just so GREAT I really can't wait to see this one. Par..

Exactly! I 2nd that! Lol I hope them well in anything they do together or not together they will always be Bella and Edward



Angelica (angelicam2009) ★ Kimi ★ wrote: "Definitely try! You'll miss things if you don't and I feel like i the books or so detailed. I like book bella more too."

I agree. The book gives tons more detail and I do like that bella more!


message 26: by Kimi (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kimi (kimisokool) | 15 comments =)


Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) damn. is it true that it's going to be on 3D?


message 28: by Tanecia (new)

Tanecia  (books101) | 3795 comments Mod
Beatrice wrote: "damn. is it true that it's going to be on 3D?"

Breaking Dawn? lol no i dont think it is....but that would be mad cool if it was! :)


Janina (synchronizedreading) | 187 comments Can't wait to it!
I finally saw the trailer for it!
Contemplating about reading the book again before the movie comes out.


Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) Tt wrote: "Beatrice wrote: "damn. is it true that it's going to be on 3D?"

Breaking Dawn? lol no i dont think it is....but that would be mad cool if it was! :)"


someone just told me it's going to be on 3D. so I was curious.. what if the bed scene was 3D? damn I will not watch it on 3D


message 31: by MeMe Belikova (new)

MeMe Belikova First lady Ivashkov (AliceBelikovReads) | 950 comments Lol I hate 3D!!!!!! So inconvenient for people who wear glasses -__- . And there only be two parts that are 3D, omg Ima be mad if it is lol. @Beatrice the bed scene in 3D would be funny tho


Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) Alice Belikov wrote: "Lol I hate 3D!!!!!! So inconvenient for people who wear glasses -__- . And there only be two parts that are 3D, omg Ima be mad if it is lol. @Beatrice the bed scene in 3D would be funny tho"

yes it would be funny. if it's like Avatar. then I would watch 3D


Sivakami (sivakamipraveen) I like 3D but it's just a no for breaking dawn


message 34: by Tanecia (new)

Tanecia  (books101) | 3795 comments Mod
Yeah I agree....it would just make it cheesy.


Anastasia | 361 comments I'm sooo excited for breaking dawn! i already pre-ordered my tickets and i'm skipping school for this! people in my school think i'm a little weird for liking twilight so much, if i didn't know there were others that love twilight as much as i do i'd probably go insane.


message 36: by Tanecia (new)

Tanecia  (books101) | 3795 comments Mod
lol i would be skipping school too! im actually skipping work i took the day after off and im going to go see it two times on the 18th yay! i wonder if im able to pre-order my tickets.....


message 37: by MeMe Belikova (new)

MeMe Belikova First lady Ivashkov (AliceBelikovReads) | 950 comments @Anastasia your not the only Twilover my whole family is playing hookie from work and school to see breaking dawn, omg i cant wait! we most def. have to discuss the movie when we all see it.


Anastasia | 361 comments Alice Belikov wrote: "@Anastasia your not the only Twilover my whole family is playing hookie from work and school to see breaking dawn, omg i cant wait! we most def. have to discuss the movie when we all see it."

we definitely need to have discussion after we see the movie so we can rant about the things they change and compliment the parts they do well on :^D


Rachael Wade (goodreadscomauthorrachaelwade) Tt wrote: "lol i would be skipping school too! im actually skipping work i took the day after off and im going to go see it two times on the 18th yay! i wonder if im able to pre-order my tickets....."

Glad to know we're not the only crazies arranging our work/school schedules around this movie lol. I'm taking that weekend off and have two separate sets of plans to go see it, then I'll eventually drag my hubby with me. Poor guy. He's always watching Rob Pattinson movies with me. He's a trooper...


message 40: by Tanecia (new)

Tanecia  (books101) | 3795 comments Mod
Rachael wrote: "Tt wrote: "lol i would be skipping school too! im actually skipping work i took the day after off and im going to go see it two times on the 18th yay! i wonder if im able to pre-order my tickets......"

lol I totally get what your husband goes through! I drag all my friends from my job to go see it I started this "tradition" when new moon came out and we've been going ever since! They complain but they know I love it so much that come and support me and the movie of course hah!


Rachael Wade (goodreadscomauthorrachaelwade) Tt wrote: "Rachael wrote: "Tt wrote: "lol i would be skipping school too! im actually skipping work i took the day after off and im going to go see it two times on the 18th yay! i wonder if im able to pre-ord..."

HA! Yup, that's real love right there. lol ;) I'm always like "C'mon, it's not THAT bad."

Especially now that they have a budget to work with. So psyched for these final two installments!


Tiffany (tiff0505) | 52 comments I too will be seeing this movie twice and adjusting my work schedule for it because I am so excited to see my girl Kristen on the big screen in all her glory. I am loving all the interviews/press these three have been doing its only making my anticipation grow. Sadly I am refusing to go pay to see BD p2 in theaters, but for the first one I can't wait to see how the wedding and honeymoon goes. I am not ashamed to have enjoyed twilight but the best one was eclipse the first movie was awful in imo and that honor belongs to catherine hardwicke for ruining the first movie for me. The whole cast deserves all the fame,credit and success because they truly brought these characters to life.


message 43: by MeMe Belikova (new)

MeMe Belikova First lady Ivashkov (AliceBelikovReads) | 950 comments Tiffany wrote: "I too will be seeing this movie twice and adjusting my work schedule for it because I am so excited to see my girl Kristen on the big screen in all her glory. I am loving all the interviews/press t..."

What! I love the first movie! I think she did a great job introducing the characters and setting the scene, it could of been better yes but I thought she did an excellent job. Even though the other movies where better lol, and I already put my note to take off a month before and I'm so excited to see this movie and how everything is going to turn out because I refuse to read the books until the last movie, ughh I can't wait!


Tiffany (tiff0505) | 52 comments I know Alice, I am crazy trust me I've received a lot of flack from my other twihard friends and they can't understand the reasoning behind it but I hated the first movie. I loved the cinematography and of course the cast/crew did a fabulous job. I loved it the first time I saw it but the second time I saw it, I hated it. I love Rob/Kristen/Taylor but the acting was horrible I expected much better from Kstew as I've followed her career after Panic Room, and loved her acting in Speak and Into the Wild. The Messengers was awful but I digress. Robert wasn't the worst in the acting but it wasn't all that great either but I don't hold it too hard against him or Taylor for that matter but the first movie was disappointing. The cheesy lines, terrible cliches and the flow of the movie/plot ruined it for me. Now I can also point blame to the script but I'm sorry Stephaine and Catherine blew it on the first movie for me. For me, Catherine just didn't capture what I felt the book encased for me and when Kristen was acting in that hospital room I couldn't help but laugh at how awful the acting was, I was jerked out of the movie. As Rob and Nikki Reed were acting in the scene when they have to put Bella in the car after the baseball scene I was tossed from the movie by the bad acting as well. I give Anna Kendrick and Ashley Greene along with Jackson, Peter F., Billy and some others credit for their good acting and saving the movie for me. I was glad they had got a new director for New Moon, I appreciate what Catherine set up but she dropped the ball on this one.
Summit also dropped the ball on this one but they are such a disappointment when it comes to studios. I am not going to play into their greedy ploy to make BD a two part movie because honestly they are just trying to extort more money by making us wait another year for pt 2. I was beyond pissed at this decision. Unlike Harry Potter, where it made complete sense to break the last book into two parts, BD doesn't require a two part movie. Summit is just being greedy and have rubbed me the wrong way by doing this to the loyal twilight fans. After BD pt 1 I am done with that studio.
New Moon was better than twilight by a large scale and the acting was better by a long shot. It was nice to see kristen shine with her natural beauty and see taylor finally act like a man not a little boy. Rob looked great shirtless and if we had more of that in the movie I would've loved it better. Eclipse was the best movie hands down, the action/the passion/acting/scenery and etc. I could go on and on about that one. I loved how everyone seemed more confident in their roles and I was on the edge of my seat. Amazing amazing amazing.
With Breaking Dawn I am excited to see the highlights of the book and of course see the bed break (lucky gal that kstew)lol but I hope that the director will truly capture the essence of the book and not just use it to sell sex (although I must admit I'm sure is a big draw-myself included but still) for me the book wasn't an ending to the story of Bella/Edward but a new beginning for them. Where we get to celebrate how their love changed them but others around them as well and how love can conquer all sometimes. I loved the universe that Stephaine created and she may not be the best author but for me I got it, I got her and I will be disappointed if the movie just relies on selling sex instead of capturing what really is the spirit of Twilight.
And.....I just wrote a huge book. LOL Sorry sometimes I just can't shut up ;)


message 45: by MeMe Belikova (new)

MeMe Belikova First lady Ivashkov (AliceBelikovReads) | 950 comments Tiffany wrote: "I know Alice, I am crazy trust me I've received a lot of flack from my other twihard friends and they can't understand the reasoning behind it but I hated the first movie. I loved the cinematograph..."

Lol i agree with you on everything but i still like the first movie and yea the acting really sucked the part in the hospital was horrible!!! i was like this girl can do better acting than this! i loved her in Panic room along with her other movies. Your right they have grown as actors especially Taylor ugh cuz he really sucked as an actor or maybe he still does an is good at playing the broken hearted roles lol idk. And i want to see how the pg13 thing works out i think the director is just trying to go a different route with this movie so it wont be so cheesy i guess and yea i hope it is done tastefully and does not take from the essence of 'Twilight' as you said. I am upset they are making 2 parts to the movie too if it was just one movie it would be as long as the Harry potter movie, they really are just being greedy and taking from the fans who have waited and watched it for so many years, and i better not be disappointed with the last two or i will start a riot along with the other fans and that wont be pretty!


message 46: by Karice (new)

Karice Bolton | 6 comments So fun to read everybody's comments! My friends and I pre-ordered our tickets and took a vacation day! Can't wait!!! On average how many times does everybody see it in the theater? Once? Twice? Just curious. If you don't want admit, that's cool too.... :)


message 47: by MeMe Belikova (new)

MeMe Belikova First lady Ivashkov (AliceBelikovReads) | 950 comments Well I'm goin to see it at midnight and get sum sleep and go see it again the same day with my friends an ill proley go see it for a third time on Saturday lol twilight can get allllll of my money!


message 48: by Karice (new)

Karice Bolton | 6 comments Alice Belikov wrote: "Well I'm goin to see it at midnight and get sum sleep and go see it again the same day with my friends an ill proley go see it for a third time on Saturday lol twilight can get allllll of my money!"
My guess is three for me too!!


Tiffany (tiff0505) | 52 comments Alice Belikov wrote: "Tiffany wrote: "I know Alice, I am crazy trust me I've received a lot of flack from my other twihard friends and they can't understand the reasoning behind it but I hated the first movie. I loved t..."

Yes girl I agree with everything you've said, I would add on more but you've hit it all on the head lol I am just getting so excited with all the promotion going on and butt grabbing lol I can't wait to see this film.

@Karice,
I've seen Twilight once in theaters, New Moon-twice in theaters and Eclipse I've seen five times but I got lucky with them because I went with different people at various times and only paid for my ticket price once lol. My friends are hardcore twihards but hate to go by themselves so they offer to pay for me if I join them lol ;) And then of course having a boyfriend comes in handy to pay for the tickets too ;)


message 50: by Tanecia (new)

Tanecia  (books101) | 3795 comments Mod
Yeah probably about three times I go and see it in the theatre.....I remember one time me and Alice went to go see new moon and this guy in the row below us was bootlegging the movie and we started to throw popcorn at him and yell no bootlegging! He ended up getting up and leaving because we were harassing him and of course ruining his view with our falling popcorn! But that makes me soo angry when people come and bootlegg the movie and the actors and cast work for long periods of times to creat this movie and they don't get paid their money that they've worked so hard for because your selling it on the street for five dollars ! It's illegal! Sorry that stuff makes me soo mad you don't even know! Lol


« previous 1
back to top