Lush Library discussion

Book nominations > Shameless pimping for nxt read

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kirsty (new)

Kirsty (kirkel) | 1160 comments Mod
If you have a book that you would love us to read together and are going to nominate it next month then this is the thread to pimp it on.
This isn't the nominations thread - but a prenomination thinger where you've got the chance to plant the seed of suggestion. I've noticed that most of us are open to suggestion.

message 2: by Jo (new)

Jo | 592 comments Mod
I will kick off the shameless pimping - as 1)everyone liked American Gods (at least everyone who commented) and 2) I have already bought a copy ;) I would love to read Anansi Boys by Neil Gaiman for Decembers read.

message 3: by Lou (new)

Lou (loucaster) | 47 comments I'll 2nd Anansi Boys as I've just bought a copy too (but not started cos ploughing thru 'Discovery of Witches')

message 4: by Kirsty (new)

Call that pimping - you 2 should be ashamed of yourselves. Get your purple velvet on!

message 5: by Jo (new)

Jo | 592 comments Mod
Tries again - dear forumites, Anansi boys may well be the bestest, most beautiful book in the world. We will never know if we don't read it.
This book could improve your life, it could be the best thing you've ever read - are you willing to miss out on this possibly life changing book?
Vote Anansi boys - because you're worth it!

message 6: by Kirsty (new)

Jo wrote: "Tries again - dear forumites, Anansi boys may well be the bestest, most beautiful book in the world. We will never know if we don't read it.
This book could improve your life, it could be the best..."

I can't stop smirking ROTFLMAO

message 7: by Sarah (new)

Sarah  (scheherazade) | 364 comments Mod
I also have Anansi boys!I bought it straight after I read American Gods, but just never got around to starting it. So if it became December's read, that would suit me also.

You see, suggestion :)

message 8: by Lou (new)

Lou (loucaster) | 47 comments Gaiman is dark.......... Autumn is dark......... therefore we should do Anansi boys - plus the Anansi tales are African in origin so may make us feel more sunny and warm.............. maybe......... you never know.......... (goes and hides in corner cos is a bit of a pimping virgin.............)

message 9: by Jo (new)

Jo | 592 comments Mod
Do we need another last minute pimp for this now it's poll time?

How about a review from Scotland on Sunday -

"[Neil Gaiman is the] literary equivalent of a sexy rock star"

or Ian Hislop?

"Bizarre, bonkers?rather brilliant"

How can you resist?

message 10: by Jo (new)

Jo | 592 comments Mod
so far my relentless nagging is working :)

message 11: by Kirsty (new)

I must admit I couldn't decide between the top 2 but Gaiman is a pretty sure bet for a good read and I think this is his most award winning book.