randomness is healthy.........sometimes discussion

stuff > books

Comments Showing 1-38 of 38 (38 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

i love the warrior series and the twilight series

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Twilight, The Sookie Stackhouse series and the LA Banks Vampire Huntress Series. I have a thing with books, i usually find one I think looks good and it ends up being a part of a series. lol

message 3: by Mallory (new)

Mallory (malloryrose17) I'm a proud Twi-hater. Don't hate me. My favorite books are Maid Marian, The Luxe, The Water Song and The Night Dance.

A Filthy Youth groupie | 1 comments I loved the book The Luxe!! I just gave it to my aunt to read. She's 21, and she like s a lot of the books I read.

message 5: by Mallory (new)

Mallory (malloryrose17) I can give you a lot of reasons for why I hate it. And yes, I've read all four of the books. I used to love it, but not after Eclipse.

OEWD - YES! I loooooooved that book! Ugh! It was so amazing!!!

message 6: by [deleted user] (last edited Feb 25, 2009 02:17AM) (new)

I have heard a lot of people say that after Eclipse and Breaking Dawn they really hated the books. That is amazing because I thought Breaking Dawn was my fave. oh well if you hate it you hate it. not judgement here. have you read the sookie books rosie?

message 7: by Mallory (new)

Mallory (malloryrose17) I haven't, Samantha. What are they about?

Oh, I know Greer!!

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

this is what the back of book one says.

"Sookie Stackhouse is a small-time cocktail waitress in small-town Louisiana. She's quiet, keeps to herself, and doesn't get out much. Not because she't not pretty. She is. It's just that, well Sookie has this sort of "disability." She can read minds. And that doesn't make her too dateable. And then along comes Bill. He's tall, dark, handsome- and Sookie can't hear a word he's thinking. He's exactly the type of guy she's been waiting for all her life...
But Bill has a disability of his own; He's a vampire with a bad reputation. He hangs with a seriously creepy crowd, all suspected of-big surprise-murder. And when one of Sookies coworkers is killed, she fears she's next..."

message 9: by Mallory (new)

Mallory (malloryrose17) Ooh...

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

there are 8 books so far and they even made a TV show called True Blood on HBO based on the books. They are really good... I like them better than Twilight in the way that there is a lot more sex lol. it's more adult based

message 11: by Mallory (new)

Mallory (malloryrose17) Lol, not for me in that case... ;)

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

I think the Sookie books are just as addicting as Twilight. Only they are more adult based. Some swearing and a lot of sex haha.

message 13: by Jennie (new)

Jennie You're right Samantha! I'm almost at the end of Sookie #2! I like Sam (even though he really hasn't been in the book a lot so far)!

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

i hate you rosie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!jkjk

message 15: by Mallory (new)

Mallory (malloryrose17) Hm. Not surprising. A lot of people seem to hate me lately...;)

message 16: by Veronica (new)

Veronica Widya (nica88) | 5 comments hahaha.. im not hate u, althought i like twilight. ^^
it hv nice story..

yeah.. beside twilight , i also like harry potter series, anime, to love(indonesian book, sooo good), and shopaholic ^^

message 17: by Mallory (new)

Mallory (malloryrose17) Lol, the Harry Potter series is pretty good.

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

i don't like harry potter.......the movies are......ok

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

oh see I love the Harry Potter books. I even like the fake book 7

message 20: by Mallory (new)

Mallory (malloryrose17) Fake book?

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

yeah it's called the 7th horcrux. it's very long and you can only read it online. I have been told that it is written by JK and some say it's not. This version came out a few months before Deathly Hallows was realeased

message 22: by Mallory (new)

Mallory (malloryrose17) Oooh...okay :)

message 24: by Veronica (new)

Veronica Widya (nica88) | 5 comments Rosie,
do u hv facebook? ^^

message 25: by Jennie (new)

Jennie Do you have Facebook Nica^^?

message 26: by Veronica (new)

Veronica Widya (nica88) | 5 comments yes jen..:)
do u hv too? yay!! i got one!!
add me!!!
at nica88@mymelody.com
wow.im so excited!! ^^

message 27: by Gjela (new)

Gjela (theeternalsea) | 19 comments twilight.
can't you tell?

message 28: by Rikloud (new)

Rikloud | 10 comments yeah im obsessed with that

message 29: by Bailey (new)

Bailey (baileyr9350) um...i like the warriors series and harry potter, um..um...um...let me think....i used to like the phantom stallion, but that was before i read like, 1 of them and realized they were all pretty much the same thing over and over again except in different words and different situations...so i don't like it anymore.

message 30: by Rikloud (new)

Rikloud | 10 comments WARRIORS im in a bunch of Warriors groups

message 31: by Veronica (new)

Veronica Widya (nica88) | 5 comments What kind of book Carol?
I nevr heard that.

message 32: by Rikloud (new)

Rikloud | 10 comments i lost interest after the second 1

message 33: by Bailey (new)

Bailey (baileyr9350) i lost interest too, i'm not even sure if i finished the first one. idk why, i just didn't like them.

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

I just finished reading Touch the Dark and Claimed by Shadow by Karen Chance.... very very good books. I couldn't get into them at first but after I finished the first one I picked up the second one right away... now all I need is the 3rd one.

message 35: by Lilly (new)

Lilly have an of you ever read the maximum ride series? omigod i LOVE them!! theirs only 4 books in the series and im on the 3rd!

message 36: by Lilly (new)

Lilly omigod they are!!! have you read them?

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

what are they about?

message 38: by Lilly (last edited Dec 26, 2008 04:04PM) (new)

Lilly Oh my friends sister is reading beetle the bard and she loves it. Oh and the series is about a group of kids who are like 98% human 2% bird and they each have a certan power away from flying and healing VERY VERY fast and being really strong. At 1st they think they were made by test tubes and mad scientist but they figure out that some of them have real parents. There are these things called Erasers and they are human when that want to be but at any moment they can morph into wolf men. They hate the bird-kids so the bird-kids are always on the run and at any moment could be killed. But thats just my description. You should go to all books and type in Maximum Ride-The Angle Experiment and look at the description the author himself wrote.

randomness is healthy.........sometimes

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Breaking Dawn (other topics)