Harry Potter discussion

Questions > did anyone by chance figured that Voldemort and Harry are related other than Harry being Voldy's Horcrux?

Comments Showing 1-31 of 31 (31 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ashley (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:19PM) (new)

Ashley (samuraigurl91) | 106 comments ok. has anyone by chance figured that Voldemort is related to Harry by blood? cause Ignotus Peverell is Harry's ancestor. and Gaunt Marvolo, Voldy's insane granpa is descended from the Peverells. so the Peverells he meant was undoubtly related as brothers cause each Peverell brother owns an object they apparently 'won' from Death:the wand, the stone, and the cloak. so Gaunt is decended from the second brother who owns the stone and Harry is descended from the youngest who owns the cloak. so they're related. don't you think?

P.S. i don't think anyone descended from the eldest brother since he had to open his big mouth and boast abt his Elder Wand that made him 'invincible' and he died. Lol. serves him right. =P

message 2: by Tracey (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:19PM) (new)

Tracey there's some interesting family trees available on Wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voldemor... (Voldemort)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_Po... (Harry Potter, with a lot more detail)

it'll be interesting to see if JKR includes a detailed family tree in an HP encyclopedia (which i really hope she puts together in the future).

message 3: by Jane (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:19PM) (new)

Jane GREAT point Ashley!!!!

message 4: by Meghan (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:20PM) (new)

Meghan | 686 comments Ooo! that is really interesting. It would be pretty distant though right? I'm not really good at all that family tree stuff, but it seems like they wouldn't be very close at all.

message 5: by Peng (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:20PM) (new)

Peng | 317 comments well, i saw a relation/connection, a similarity in some ways, but never thought it would be by blood! nice conception there, ashley. they were alike in lots of ways that's why harry was almost doubtful of his own characters in many ways ie, w/ the sorting hat, the heir of slytherin, voldemort in his head, etc. so can we say they were nemesis?

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

I noticed when I was reading the book. That's actually the first thing I thought of... That was before I found out he was a horcrux.

message 7: by Tara (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:21PM) (new)

Tara | 83 comments Yeah know, I saw some similarities, but I don't think it registered in my mind that there was a blood connection. Thanks, Ashley! :)

message 8: by Ashley (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:24PM) (new)

Ashley (samuraigurl91) | 106 comments oh. haha! cool.

message 9: by Kenzie (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:51PM) (new)

Kenzie I never thought of that. Interesting...very interesting. Do you think Jo did that on purpose?

message 10: by Ashley (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:52PM) (new)

Ashley (samuraigurl91) | 106 comments she must have done that on purpose. but why?

message 11: by Kenzie (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:52PM) (new)

Kenzie Maybe we should ask her.

message 12: by Kidz (last edited Dec 28, 2007 04:38PM) (new)

Kidz | 33 comments i never noticed that they were conected that closley. i mean everybody is related from caveman days but....

message 13: by Gunjari (new)

Gunjari (Irajnug) | 732 comments well, for a while it was going around that harry was voldy's illegitimate child... now i laugh at that theory!

message 14: by Robin (new)

Robin (Tggr514) | 21 comments So, actually, Salazar Slytherin WOULD be Harry's Great (to the Nth degree) Grandfather, as Ron/Hermione worry about in Chamber of the Secrets (Ron: "....Great Great Great Grandfather or something." Hermione: "For all we know, you could be").

Harry and Voldemort would be extremely distant cousins....

message 15: by Gunjari (new)

Gunjari (Irajnug) | 732 comments *muffled hysterical laughing* i can just imagine them at a huge family reunion... :)

message 16: by Moonlight (new)

Moonlight | 13 comments lol,Gunjari! But to be honest I had o read it very slowly to understand it.

message 17: by Shiara (new)

Shiara | 108 comments If they met up at a family reunion, it would become more like a family funeral...unless Harry killed good old Voldikins and then everyone would be happy! :)

message 18: by Gunjari (new)

Gunjari (Irajnug) | 732 comments a heh...

message 19: by Maya (new)

Maya (numerounochewylover) | 270 comments lol, still a funeral tho... hmmm, kinda like bellatrix and sirus.
the gaunts wouldn't be...
gaunts vs. potters: who will win the challenge? *dun dun dun dun*

message 20: by Gunjari (new)

Gunjari (Irajnug) | 732 comments as in who's family reunion will be the most disastrous?
(imagining hilarious possibilities) idk... :)

message 21: by Maya (new)

Maya (numerounochewylover) | 270 comments ooooooo, the gaunts would be really hard to beat... i'd like to see that competition!

message 22: by Suz (new)

Suz | 145 comments The Blacks would give them a good run for their money in the disastrous family reunion competition! Well everyone would definately need ear plugs to attend if Sirius's mums portrait is anything to go by! AND - can you imagine her reaction when she found out that Regulus betrayed Voldy! Now that is a party I would lurve to go to - just not for too long - I value my hearing too much!

message 23: by Gunjari (new)

Gunjari (Irajnug) | 732 comments lol! you're so funny! :)

message 24: by Runningstar (new)

Runningstar | 1 comments I never thought of them being related!

message 25: by Gunjari (new)

Gunjari (Irajnug) | 732 comments technically they are, by the peverells. harry is a distant relation of ignotus, because he inherited the cloak. voldy is a distant relation of the resurrection brother (i forget the name) because he inherited the stone. (you see, his grandfather is marvalo gaunt, who had the ring with the stone in it).
so it's pretty stretched, but they're still related!

message 26: by Shiara (new)

Shiara | 108 comments Hey, doesn't that mean that basically right now, Harry is the last desendant of Slytherin?

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

I thought so! I formulated this-theory?-after reading HP7 the second time. Seeing the family tree like this only seems to prove my point. Although I am a tad skeptical on some points. I mean, how certain can we be that George married Angelina?

One thing I didn't anticipate (but should have in any case!) was Harry's relation to Salazar Slytherin. It is pretty obvious, now that you see it like this...but still! *major irritation at myself*

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

harry and voldemort r related by voldemorts descended from one persivile bro and harrys for an other

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

cause marvolo grandpa says he is, and voldy's mom is marvolo's daughter. and harry is because he is descended from the third persivile bro. so there u go.

message 30: by Terri (new)

Terri | 8 comments I keep seeing references to the Persivile bros. It's the PEVERALL bros.

message 31: by Nidhi (new)

Nidhi Bhatt | 43 comments Very interesting concept! I need to read books again and slowly... It's funny!